Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

now we have signed a striker.....

A signing!! Everything is rosy. Lets not care that he is a 19 year old with no experience whatsoever [:$]

I''m sure the people that moaned we didn''t sign a striker will feel silly and now moan about how we didn''t break the bank and signed a over rated striker.

Your counting ability leaves a lot to be desired. His only experience is a few games in league 1 and half a season in the championship where he score 8 goals in 23 matches. Tottenham have decided that despite only having 3 strikers he is not going to get a game for them. Hardly a jaw dropping signing is it?

[quote user="Al"]Your counting ability leaves a lot to be desired. His only experience is a few games in league 1 and half a season in the championship where he score 8 goals in 23 matches. Tottenham have decided that despite only having 3 strikers he is not going to get a game for them. Hardly a jaw dropping signing is it?
[/quote]

This!

Also I love it when people stay a strikers stats, and they add a couple of goals on and take a couple of games off!

You wanted a striker, you got a striker. He is pacy, talented under 19 year who wont take a spot from those 25 players + if Tottenham thinks he is good, then hi probably is good.

Naughton had quite similar reputation and stats and he was one of our top players in previous season.

For me this fellow is exiting signing and he might not be our starter, but he definently can replace spot Vaughan left and Vaughan gets needed play time in league 1 and we can see if he stays fit.

[quote user="Al"]Your counting ability leaves a lot to be desired. His only experience is a few games in league 1 and half a season in the championship where he score 8 goals in 23 matches. Tottenham have decided that despite only having 3 strikers he is not going to get a game for them. Hardly a jaw dropping signing is it?[/quote]
You use the fact Spurs are willing to let him come here against him... by that very same logic if he wasn''t a talented player surely it''d be a permanent signing for a small fee?
Also your stats are wrong... 7 goals from 19 starts (3 subs appearences) in the CCC, over all for the season 10 goals from 27 starts (6 sub appearences)

Harry Kane statistics 2011-12
League Appearances:
League Goals:
1 goal every 2.875 (3) games
FA Cup Appearances:
FA Cup goals:
1 goal every 2.5 games
Overall Appearances:
Overall Goals:
1 goal every 2.8 (3) games.

[quote user="Gareth"]
Harry Kane statistics 2011-12
League Appearances:
League Goals:
1 goal every 2.875 (3) games
FA Cup Appearances:
FA Cup goals:
1 goal every 2.5 games
Overall Appearances:
Overall Goals:
1 goal every 2.8 (3) games.
[/quote]
He was also voted Millwalls young player of the season despite being:
A) A loan
B) Only being there for (roughly) half a season.

Does anyone really believe he was a genuine target? Seriously! Seems a bit convenient that we have signed a player from the club we are playing today where all our staff would be to tie up a quick late deal.

I think the panic button was hit after missing out on the real targets and letting Vaughan go and then we went cap in hand to Spurs to see what they had.

Clearly he isn''t 3rd choice as they wouldn''t have let him go out on loan, would they? Do you honestly believe he was our number 1 target and we ''got our man?. He may be an inspired signing but we very obviously went for him late after failing to land our main targets. ie

CMS: Brighton probably tried to hold us to ransom knowing we needed to get someone in.

Rhodes: Blackburn blew us out of the water with a ridiculous bid.

I''ll hold my hands up, at 11:30, I thought we were done, no signings.  The fact we have signed a 19 year old on loan, well, its doesn''t fill me with great optomism, but lets see what the lad can do.  I''d sooner have Kane than nobody.  Lets hope he can get a few goals between now and January, and prey we have a more permanent option lined up for then.

[quote user="jed exodous"]I''ll hold my hands up, at 11:30, I thought we were done, no signings.  The fact we have signed a 19 year old on loan, well, its doesn''t fill me with great optomism, but lets see what the lad can do.  I''d sooner have Kane than nobody.  Lets hope he can get a few goals between now and January, and prey we have a more permanent option lined up for then.[/quote]What he said.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Will all the moaners shut up!?

Or is he not good enough as he didn''t cost 20 million and relegation is inevitable?[/quote]He might be good enough, he might not be good enough. I don''t think bringing in a 19 year old on loan at the last minute because Hughton couldn''t get his main targets is particularly cause for celebration.

Exactly Mister Chops.  We''ve had about 10 weeks for Hughton to address the striking sit-you-ashun, and we''ve come up with a relatively unproven 19 year old.  I''m happy we got someone, just wish we could have our own players.  I''m not pro or anti Hughton, I just want me team to do well.  When you see players like Maynard or Rhodes moving, why aren''t we linked?  Thats whats so frustrating about tonight.

Grrrrrr...

More I think about this, the more wound up I''m getting...

West Ham get Andy Carroll - international striker, perfect for big Sam

Reading get Progrebnyiak - international striker, scored prem goals last season

Saints get Ramirez - winger, 1 in 4 strike rate, international striker

Fulham get Berbatov

I''m not saying we should''ve got any of those, but in our 2nd season in the Prem, we should have the draw and the finances to attract someone with a bit of pedigree and experience on a permanent basis...

Rant over, good luck Kane, I hope you can do a good job...

"Exactly Mister Chops. We''ve had about 10 weeks for Hughton to address the striking sit-you-ashun, and we''ve come up with a relatively unproven 19 year old. I''m happy we got someone, just wish we could have our own players. I''m not pro or anti Hughton, I just want me team to do well. When you see players like Maynard or Rhodes moving, why aren''t we linked? Thats whats so frustrating about tonight."

Comments like this are very much frowned upon round here and considered negative, Binner.

What really happened was that we spent the entire transfer window pursuing Kane until at 10:59 last night Spurs crumbled and let their "3rd choice striker" go out on loan. Rejoice because we got our man. PS He is ''mint'' on Football Manager so he must be the dogs. Seriously, good luck to the lad and i''m glad someone came in just a shame we either had no real targets or we missed out on them.

Was the late signing of dempsey that allowed this to happen. Avb was ready to use him as 3rd choice striker otherwise

"I couldn''t give a rats ass about what is frowned round here."

You do know i was being sarcastic, right?

JF, however sarcastic your post was, no one with any sense was saying that. But who knows who Hughton was after? He has probably failed to get a couple of targets, but I can''t imagne he was trying that desperately to sign a new striker. There have been loads we could have signed if he was really keen to buy a new one.

"He has probably failed to get a couple of targets, but I can''t imagne he was trying that desperately to sign a new striker. There have been loads we could have signed if he was really keen to buy a new one."

If that is the case then he has seriously under estimated the challenge ahead. Look at the signings our relegation rivals made yesterday. There are some real signing of intent there and this is a much,much stronger league than it was last season.