Sign in to follow this  
matty77

signings, maybe 1more face after the window closes!!!!

Hi all, I maybe wrong but I think signings can still be done as other countries transfer Windows are not closed, ie Russia and I think France''s is open till Tuesday. Sky sports report this due to Liverpool not making any signings up front. So maybe still a chance for us. Still there is always some1 out of contract, (Michael Owen)...

Still I''m very happy with the signings we''ve made. So let''s get behind hoot''s and the lads and find the positive''s not keep bloody moaning.

OTBC

Players can go out to those countries, but they can''t come in.

Doubt we''ll sign any free agents. We''ve already got 26 players so we can''t pick them all anyway.

[quote user="Militant Canary"]

I thought only Denmark''s transfer window was still open? Is it still possible to get someone in from there? I don''t think we will, I''m just curious now. Anyone know?

[/quote]

No. As I said 2 posts above yours, players can move out to those countries, but we can''t bring players in.

Mr Brownstone is right - we can send players out but can not sign any players from any other club now until Jan.   We have out two loan players so any signings in jan will either be a loanee to replace either kane or garrido or on a permanent basis.

Until jan the only players we can sign are those currently out of contract - eg M Owen.   However, bearing in mind we already have 26 players I cant see Owen joining,  unless CMartin is not registered & sent on loan to a champs club Monday week and lappin also not regsitered.. 

Yep, it is as Mr Brownstone and ZLF suggest. As well as it being a transfer window, you have to also think of it as a sort of player registration window. If you make a signing, you have to register that player with the FA/Prem. Obviously once our transfer window is closed, the FA/Prem isn''t going to continue registering players (unless, that is, they were free transfers or you''re outside of the prem and loaning someone in). So. in theory, you could sign a player still, but they would be unable to play for us until the next transfer/registration window opens in January, at which point we''d be able to register them.

And, therefore, if countries such as Denmark still have a transfer window open, then that means their football association will continue to register players, so the clubs can sign them for a little while longer. But that makes no difference to whether we can register a player or not.

We are all under the controll of FIFA and EUAFA so why not all open and close at the same time I.E Central E U Time. Better still lets scrap the whole bloody thing and only allow teams to buy and sell from the last day of the season untill the fitst day of pre season.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Mr Brownstone is right - we can send players out but can not sign any players from any other club now until Jan.   We have out two loan players so any signings in jan will either be a loanee to replace either kane or garrido or on a permanent basis.

Until jan the only players we can sign are those currently out of contract - eg M Owen.   However, bearing in mind we already have 26 players I cant see Owen joining,  unless CMartin is not registered & sent on loan to a champs club Monday week and lappin also not regsitered.. 

[/quote]

Garrido is a foreign loan and does not count so we could still possibly get another domestic loan signing

yes - you are quite right SWP - Garrido counts as a short term contract rather than a loan signing, had forgotten that sub clause!!

Room for a loanee in Jan - but if over 21 someone will have to be lost from the 25 submited on tuesday.