Sign in to follow this  
A Gay Schoolboy

On the bright side...

Signing a loan player instead of wasting money on a striker on the way down like Cole or Jerome, means we should still have money to sign a striker in January if needed.Ewan Chester and co now have 4 months to find us a proper striker. There shouldn''t really be any excuse for them not to be able to scout out some bargains from abroad, as every other club in the league seems to manage it. It would be nice if we could keep our policy of buying young up and coming players from the lower leagues but unfortunately I think other, richer, teams have cottoned on to this idea now, and we can''t compete when you see Rodriguez going for 7m and Rhodes for 8m.

[quote user="Steady On..."]

What if we don''t need a striker in January, should we just buy a European one for the hell of it. Just so we can be like Swansea *shudders* 

[/quote]

We need another striker nowIMHO. Harry Kane is a good acquition, I would hope, but we are still short up front when embarking upon a campaign in the  Premiership surely? 

I don''t think it needs an overhaul. Yes it''d be nice to dabble in Europe but if we can''t currently do it with confidence then I''m not happy with doing it at all. I wonder how many of these "quality european buys" will show their true colours in the coming season.

[quote user="Steady On..."]I don''t think it needs an overhaul. Yes it''d be nice to dabble in Europe but if we can''t currently do it with confidence then I''m not happy with doing it at all. I wonder how many of these "quality european buys" will show their true colours in the coming season.[/quote]Where exactly do you expect us to buy from then? Unless we suddenly become able to afford 5-10m quid on a player, then we are going to be priced out of the next round of the best Championship players moving up to the Prem.We can''t rely on Leeds being too thick to get contracts sorted forever.

[quote user="Infidel Castro"][quote user="Steady On..."]I don''t think it needs an overhaul. Yes it''d be nice to dabble in Europe but if we can''t currently do it with confidence then I''m not happy with doing it at all. I wonder how many of these "quality european buys" will show their true colours in the coming season.[/quote]Where exactly do you expect us to buy from then? Unless we suddenly become able to afford 5-10m quid on a player, then we are going to be priced out of the next round of the best Championship players moving up to the Prem.We can''t rely on Leeds being too thick to get contracts sorted forever.[/quote]

We''ll get them from wherever we can, but we''ll do it properly. some of the suggestions from Europe were as Laughable as getting Michael Owen in.

[quote user="Steady On..."]We''ll get them from wherever we can, but we''ll do it properly. some of the suggestions from Europe were as Laughable as getting Michael Owen in.[/quote]Yes lets just rely on hope and rainbows and everything will be alright. I''m glad you''re not running the club.Many of the suggestions made on this board were ridiculous yes, because they were made by idiot fans who''ve played too much FIFA or Football Manager. I''m pretty sure that if we set up a better scouting network, we wouldn''t be relying on computer games as our main sources of information.

[quote user="Infidel Castro"][quote user="Steady On..."]We''ll get them from wherever we can, but we''ll do it properly. some of the suggestions from Europe were as Laughable as getting Michael Owen in.[/quote]Yes lets just rely on hope and rainbows and everything will be alright. I''m glad you''re not running the club.Many of the suggestions made on this board were ridiculous yes, because they were made by idiot fans who''ve played too much FIFA or Football Manager. I''m pretty sure that if we set up a better scouting network, we wouldn''t be relying on computer games as our main sources of information.[/quote]

I agree with that too, I think we need to improve our scouting abilities but I think a lot of people look at Michu and Hernandez and suddenly think we need, or could justify getting, someone like that. These footballers don''t exist, they don''t want to sign for us even if we could find them.

I think we need general improvements in our scouting networks, not just into Europe but just generally.

The 24th Norwich Sea Scouts are available for scouting duties throughout Europe, especially if expenses are paid [:)].     They are Norwich through and through and would not let us down.    Or we could get a  professionally well qualified and experienced scout who has contacts throughout the profession.   We''ve got one??  Oh well, back to the dinghy..............................

[quote user="BroadstairsR"][quote user="Steady On..."]

What if we don''t need a striker in January, should we just buy a European one for the hell of it. Just so we can be like Swansea *shudders* 

[/quote]

We need another striker nowIMHO. Harry Kane is a good acquition, I would hope, but we are still short up front when embarking upon a campaign in the  Premiership surely? 

[/quote]With Morison, Kane, Holt and (possibly) Jackson, I''d say we''re in a better position in terms of striker depth than Liverpool (Suarez and Borini) and Chelsea (Torres and Sturridge).