Sign in to follow this  
Mr Wolf

Good work, Mr Hughton

The signing of Harry Kane looks like it could be a very astute bit of business.

We haven''t wasted money on a signing nobody wanted. We haven''t signed a big time charlie who will break the bank, throw the wage structure out and upset the dressing room harmony and we haven''t, as many feared at 11pm last night, been left with just four attacking options.

What we have done is captured a good young prospect who one of the top PL sides were ready to throw into the mix (and had already done so last week). This would not have been allowed to happen but for the late signing of Dempsey.

Surely now the moaning minnies can hold their hands up and admit that what with our NINE new signings _ including a new back four, two of the hottest properties from the championship and a promising young striker - that Hughton has strengthened the squad.

I say good work, Mr Hughton. Now can everyone stop panicking get behind the boys and try and enjoy the season?

Good post nobody, I''m happier having a team that plays well together and gets on, than a bunch of blokes that can''t stand each other fighting about who earns the most....

There is a case for stating that we are now stronger in all departments, including up front (I still feel that we should have persevered with Vaughan though.)

It is now down to management and tactics and it''s too early to assess these IMO. I am not really very confident, in truth, but then I wasn''t last season at this time.

Come on you lucky b-ggers who attend regularly, get behind the team as never before as it really does make one helluva difference to the way the team performs. Always has, always will.

A sneaky point today would delight me and we will already then have two points more than ................................? 

There should also be some money kept back for January now as well.

Only time will tell as you say, Broadstairs. It''s going to be tough but people do need to realise how much difference the fans can make. Let''s not have any repeats of Morison last season. The guy was firing on all cylinders but was then victimised unfairly by a section of the ''fans'' just because he doesn''t puff his chest out as much as Holt. And, aside from his great goal at Arsenal he has never really been the same since.

There was a lot of harmony within the club last season – it will be a challenge for CH to maintain it. Evolution rather than revolution seems pretty sensible; it seems the total of 9 new players kind of crept up on us! That’s a lot of new blood for any side, so at least we’re going to see something different…

In terms of the summer turnover, I think anyone can see it''s probably been one of the best summers we''ve had at Norwich City for a long time, and we are almost certainly stronger in every area of the pitch. I say ''almost'' because some people would prefer Wilbraham and Vaughan to Martin and Kane, but I prefer the latter, especially seeing as an injured Vaughan doesn''t really count.Unfortunately the whole league has become a lot stronger than last year, so whether it is enough, and whether Hughton can create the mentality of success in the players that Lambert managed to do remains to be seen.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

There was a lot of harmony within the club last season – it will be a challenge for CH to maintain it. Evolution rather than revolution seems pretty sensible; it seems the total of 9 new players kind of crept up on us! That’s a lot of new blood for any side, so at least we’re going to see something different…

[/quote]

"There was a lot of harmony" yes, and there was a lot of cr*p coming from a significant minority of fans who seemed to jump on the bandwagon of every malicious rumour.    I blame twatter, as people have the habit of believing things they see written down.   Too much cr*p being bandied around on the virtual world.  Just as well there''s plenty of us who can see through it.   

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

[/quote]

"There was a lot of harmony" yes, and there was a lot of cr*p coming from a significant minority of fans who seemed to jump on the bandwagon of every malicious rumour.    I blame twatter, as people have the habit of believing things they see written down.   Too much cr*p being bandied around on the virtual world.  Just as well there''s plenty of us who can see through it.   

[/quote]

I used past-tense as Hughton now needs to establish his own level of spirit & harmony with the new group. The challenge is to keep the best of the winning atmosphere from last year and add to it. Anyone who underestimates the value of harmonious teamwork is way out of touch – I just hope CH appreciates the significant part it played in what we have achieved over the past 3 years!

Great post nobody - money cant buy team spirit which I think has played a large part of our success. People who think the players we are signing aren''t ''big'' enough may be overlooking the vital ingredient IMO.

I applaud the positive post of the OP, and I will reserve my opinion on the last bit of bussiness, until I''ve seen the lad play. But you can''t deny some of the clubs have gotten themselves some gifted players in. Our teamspirit is going to be vital again this season. I am a City fan whatever happens...but it''s gonna be damn tough

[quote user="judderman"]In terms of the summer turnover, I think anyone can see it''s probably been one of the best summers we''ve had at Norwich City for a long time, and we are almost certainly stronger in every area of the pitch. I say ''almost'' because some people would prefer Wilbraham and Vaughan to Martin and Kane, but I prefer the latter, especially seeing as an injured Vaughan doesn''t really count.Unfortunately the whole league has become a lot stronger than last year, so whether it is enough, and whether Hughton can create the mentality of success in the players that Lambert managed to do remains to be seen.[/quote]

Agree 100 per cent. We have bought/borrowed well. Our main issue is that other clubs seem to have gone for broke (which they may regret) and the average squad quality across the division has gone up. Our survival will be dependent on Hughton recreating or improving on the ''greater than the sum of our parts'' formula hit upon by Lambert.