Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

Harry Kane Signs on season long loan

Don''t know much about him, but for a young striker he has an impressive decent scoring record in his first 35 odd appearances. If he can continue that kind of progress and step up into the Premier League I''d be very pleased with that.

"Apologies for the late news and lack of updates. This was a very late deal requiring an extension allowing us to complete paperwork by 1am"

Possibly means we missed out on a permanent striker like CMS.

19 yrs old with 8 in 23 for millwall last year (league), pleased by this signing, has promise and hopefully can take that into this season. Interestingly he came on first game of the season for spurs too

AVB before Spurs signed Adebayor was saying he would go with Harry Kane if necessary, possibly not too bad a signing, will have to wait and see.

Only down side for me is that he''s a loan, if he does well this season he will be worth a fortune if we wish to buy.

Think he''ll do well.

What a crap signing so inder-whelmsed its true. this idiot manager will send us down. Bloody harry kane. great!

[quote user="Sim086"]What a crap signing so inder-whelmsed its true. this idiot manager will send us down. Bloody harry kane. great![/quote]

Totally agree.  Harry who?  Would rather Vaughan stayed and fought for a place.

Absolute garbage.  I''m having £100 on us at 5/4 to be relegated.  Hughton hasn''t got a clue

[quote user="CamelFish"]

[quote user="Sim086"]What a crap signing so inder-whelmsed its true. this idiot manager will send us down. Bloody harry kane. great![/quote]

Absolute garbage.  I''m having £100 on us at 5/4 to be relegated.  Hughton hasn''t got a clue

[/quote]

Never heard of the lad and will wait to see him play before making judgments, Hughton however, is the right one for us and IMO is better than what we had befor and my money is going on us staying up

[quote user="CamelFish"]

[/quote]

"absolute garbage"

When I read remarks like that about signing a young striker who has huge potential and could do really well for us, it just makes me think that you must be a very sad individual.

I have never seen Kane - what "type" of striker is he? Has anyone seen him play or have any info (other than Wiki)?

I see he is 6'' 2" - does this mean he is a target man? Is he quick/ strong etc?

[quote user=" Badger"]I have never seen Kane - what "type" of striker is he? Has anyone seen him play or have any info (other than Wiki)?

I see he is 6'' 2" - does this mean he is a target man? Is he quick/ strong etc?[/quote]

From what I have been tol by Spurs supporting friends is that he is a Sheringham type player.

Strong but not very strong, very smart and quite creative.

However not fast.

So happy to have him but does not fill the hole in the squad for a real paceman.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"][quote user="CamelFish"]

[/quote] "absolute garbage" When I read remarks like that about signing a young striker who has huge potential and could do really well for us, it just makes me think that you must be a very sad individual.[/quote]

I was going to have money on us being relegated before Kane was signed.  I was waiting to see what transfers were made before I placed my bet.

Why loan in Kane when we could have kept Vaughan.

And if you want to make personal remarks, send me a pm and we can have a chat about it.  IN PERSON

[quote user="CamelFish"]

[/quote]

Why not? Kane is just as proven at Championship level, which is the highest level Vaughan''s done anything of any note. And has more bows to an arrow being a creative player as well as a goalscorer. And is less likely to be injured all year.

''''Citizen Kane - a great name for Pink ''un headline writers.''''

I''ve been singing the Bob Dylan song Hurricane lots today....''''Here comes the story of Harry Kane.....'''' would make a great chant.

[quote user="Sim086"]What a crap signing so inder-whelmsed its true. this idiot manager will send us down. Bloody harry kane. great![/quote]Frankly I''m ''inder-whelmsed'' (hahaha) by your response, we''ve got a good young player in on loan, a player who outperformed the likes of CMS last season in the CCC in regards to goal-to game ratio, who''s highly rated by managers like Redknapp and AVB and somehow this makes our manager an idiot for bringing him in?I think I know who the the real idiot here is, and it isn''t Hughton...

CamelFish, I have had a £100 bet also this morning. However it has been struck with Coral at 7,500/1 for Norwich to win the title.

I think Kane is the final piece in the jigsaw. Along with the pacey Martin & tireless Morison I cannot see how we can possibly be denied!!

Kane highly rated by Millwall management and fans, better a 19 year old on his way up than CMS et al on their way down.

Scoring stats not representative of his ability as his goals per chance was high but Millwall struggled to create much and only scored 50 something in the season and were poor.

With a few exceptions, this forum can be a miserable place and I''m glad I don''t have to sit near the worst ones on here! At least 4 or 5 of the signings are a big improvement on last year and we weren''t too shabby then......

I think Kane is an eleventh hour signing......Personally, would have preferred someone with a bit of a pedigree.....

But the judgement will come around Christmas time.....Hope it''s positive.....

Don''t know enough about him, personally, but here is some competition for the strikers and at his age I suppose he can be included without adding to the ''squad'' maximum?

That this deal was dependant on other transactions so late in the day was a reckless gamble by our management who almost left themselves up a creek a paddle short.

Overall, pleased to read this and well done for persistence to McNally and Co.

[quote user="CamelFish"][quote user="thefutureisyellow"][quote user="CamelFish"]

[/quote] "absolute garbage" When I read remarks like that about signing a young striker who has huge potential and could do really well for us, it just makes me think that you must be a very sad individual.[/quote]

I was going to have money on us being relegated before Kane was signed.  I was waiting to see what transfers were made before I placed my bet.

And if you want to make personal remarks, send me a pm and we can have a chat about it.  IN PERSON

[/quote]

My opinion remains unchanged!

Anyone remember that cartoon about football, The Hurricanes? Theme tune to that would make a good chant with a couple of tweats:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxTw0g8F6Qk