Sign in to follow this  
JF

As good as anything under Lambert.

Title says it all, That was as good a performance as anything we saw under Lambert, Solid at the back and a real danger going forward.

Agreed. We looked really organised and if it wasn''t for Friedel, and arguably Halsey wimping out of a penalty that would almost certainly have been given at the other end of the pitch, we could quite feasibly have walked off 5-1 victors today.

Excellent performance, on the pitch and from the dugout.

Being out of the area this W/E I listened to it on 5Live but a draw away at Spurs is definately a good result. It could have been a win but then, it could have been a loss.Interestingly, of the 3 games Norwich have played this season, each one was a worse result than of last season. However, today this didn''t seem like a team that would lose 5-0 away to Fulham!OTBC.

Hopefully we can stop the negativity and get behind the manager now? No doubt tottenham were very fortunate to walk away with a point.

Anyone who agreed with Mark Lawrenson (e.g. lincoln canary etc.) care to revise their opinion?

Agree 100%, looked solid throughout the team - Snodgrass again looked MOTM for me. Maybe some of the doubters on here will let Hughton get on with the job now.Looking forward to Canary Call................

Less attacking than a Lambert side away from home, but thoroughly professional. Keep tight defensively and counter dangerously seems to be Hughton''s mantra away from home, I can live with that. 

Probably the best defensive performances from us for years. Couldn''t do a lot about dembele''s goal just a piece of class from a class player. Passed the ball aswell as any lambert performances aswell.

[quote user="Gareth"]Less attacking than a Lambert side away from home, but thoroughly professional. Keep tight defensively and counter dangerously seems to be Hughton''s mantra away from home, I can live with that. [/quote]Yeah I agree with this.In my opinion under Hughton (ignoring the Fulham game for a moment), we''ve looked better in possession and defensively than under Lambert, but I do worry that we''ve lost some of our attacking ability.

less attacking play, but so much better IMO.
under lambert, not taking anything away from him. we had a tendency to just go for the longball and hope we got a connection. 
today, we had so many quick, small passes to move us up the pitch, I loved it.

On the way back from the game...just one of the great away performances. I admit I was one of the doubters, but our boys did themselves proud!!! The support was great again and we even deserved more than one point!!!

Fantastic performance from the lads today.....but maybe we could have brought on some fresh legs around 20mins from the end? We really did deserve a win today but as someone else has said, 1-1 isa good result for us.

Bring on West Sham next weekend!

I was going to post the same, it was a superb performance, only Swansea away compares. But the total performance was outstanding. Great work by our players and friedel to keep his team in it. The team, coaching staff picked the tactics perfectly.

That is now the benchmark, the standards are set and next weekend will build up nicely, a big game for us. But that is the performance I want to see. It was a performance that warranted a performance of a prem team. Fantastic

Top class. Garrido was super composed playing lovely neat passes out of defence rather than just hoofing it into no mans land. Morro was really up for it... I think he tries too hard sometimes just needs to relax and his game will vastly improve. On another day it could have been a City rout. Well done lads - brought some pride back to our fine City.

After witnessing the Fulham debacle first hand.....I thought that we were in for a rocky ride....Encouraging signs against QPR and a solid and professional performance today.....have raised my hopes somewhat.

The result against Scunny in the Cup game was also a positive.....

Roll on Wet Sham and I do hope the International break doesn''t stall the impetus that''s beginning to unfold..... 

Far more defensively organised than under Lambert. Keep the good from Lambert, add Hooty''s defensive nous, add Garido, Snoddy, Bass, rejuvenated Barney, up and coming striker, pay off all debts. That''ll do.

Yep, absolutely agree. Really good performance today; and very pleased that Hughton appears to have decided two men up front is the way forward. Jackson and Holt provided a real outlet today. It looks like Fulham genuinely was a one-off

[quote user="Infidel Castro"][quote user="Gareth"]Less attacking than a Lambert side away from home, but thoroughly professional. Keep tight defensively and counter dangerously seems to be Hughton''s mantra away from home, I can live with that. [/quote]Yeah I agree with this.In my opinion under Hughton (ignoring the Fulham game for a moment), we''ve looked better in possession and defensively than under Lambert, but I do worry that we''ve lost some of our attacking ability.[/quote]
Based on this performance, we haven''t lost that much if any. Despite it being a performance when we praise the defence we still had two great chances, that would''ve been goals if not for Friedel as well as the goal and some good chances. We may not create as much under Hughton but the quality, at times, looks far superior.