Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Morison was crap

for the second half of last season, and I slated him for it. 
Credit where it''s due, he looked a different player today, much more lively and interested and that''s the kind of effort and performance he needs to keep putting in to silence the critics. Thought he was absolutely excellent when he came on, he seemed to have got his head and attitude right and that showing was far more like the player who impressed in the first half of last season.
Well done lad, keep it up.

Saw the title and was just about to berate you thinking you were referring to today. Looked very hungry when he came on, fantastic performance today from the lads, made a supposedly great Spurs team look ordinary

His first touch could still use some work, but this coaching staff have already taught Johnson and Barnett how to pass properly so I''m confdient they can teach Morison how to control a ball.
His movement though, was excellent, and he should''ve had a penalty and his chasing gave Bradley Johnson a chance right at the death. 

I admit I often criticise him, I have my reasons and I know he divides opinion.

Today was precisely what he needs to do more. Certainly looked pumped after Hughton shouted at him when he was shoved onto the floor for a spurs throw by the dug out and kept it going.

Good alternative to Jackson when the through balls weren''t quite making it.

he still needs to do a lot to change my mind but the best Morro outing since Arsenal right there.Now, week in week out and first touch please.

Agree completely - looked dangerous when he came on and should have had a penalty when he was dragged down in the box. My view, but also that of John Motson who commentated on the match and then repeated it on Final Score. As for Lawro''s ''Norwich aren''t good enough to do what WBA did against Spurs'' - you can shove that Lawro old boy. OTBC!

[quote user="Gareth"]His first touch could still use some work, but this coaching staff have already taught Johnson and Barnett how to pass properly so I''m confdient they can teach Morison how to control a ball.

His movement though, was excellent, and he should''ve had a penalty and his chasing gave Bradley Johnson a chance right at the death. 

[/quote]

You are kidding? No pro player should need to be taught what we teach u-6''s!

He usually displays the touch of an elephant; perhaps we should only ping the ball at him at head height?!

This was Morison at his best. He seems to have regained his pace and sharpness.

If he can keep this form, he will be a massive bonus for us..... and I haven''t been his most enthusiastic fan.

Btw Le Tiss has just given us a great report on Sky.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"][quote user="Gareth"]His first touch could still use some work, but this coaching staff have already taught Johnson and Barnett how to pass properly so I''m confdient they can teach Morison how to control a ball.

[/quote]

He usually displays the touch of an elephant; perhaps we should only ping the ball at him at head height?!

[/quote]
Morison''s been a pro for about 4 years and spent most of his career in divisions when a poor touch can be made up for with physical ability. Give him a chance.

He looked great when he came on and there is more to come imo!!! We''ll need performances like this from all our strikers, we''ll need them!

Couldnt agree more, thought he harassed well and got us into some really key positions in final third and we almost snatched victory late on with Johnson''s effort.

Seemed to have a bit more pace and purpose- rumours of rejecting deadline day loan deal to Nottingham Forest may well have spurred him on to apply himself more.

Really happy with today''s performance- defence looks more assured, especially with Garrido who looks a class act. Looking forward to seeing Tettey in action

"Norfolk Mustard wrote:

Gareth wrote:

His first touch could still use some work, but this coaching staff have already taught Johnson and Barnett how to pass properly so I''m confdient they can teach Morison how to control a ball.

He usually displays the touch of an elephant; perhaps we should only ping the ball at him at head height?!

Morison''s been a pro for about 4 years and spent most of his career in divisions when a poor touch can be made up for with physical ability. Give him a chance."

He''s probably a bit rusty still. He didn''t see much of the ball against Scunthorpe, and this is only a few weeks into the season. He''ll get it back, and I wouldn''t be surprised to see him score against West Ham.

Morison scores goals, he proved it against arsenal when sj missed a similar chance.

Yes I think he is ok for this season. Last season he was superb, strikers are judged on goals and he was superb. He will score a fair few this season. Trust me with the lack of striking options we have, those that don''t like him better get behind him.

In case anyone missed it, The Hoot said there was nothing in the rumour of Moro going out on loan.

"Sky Sports Understands* that blah blah blah..."

*just made up

The stats from last season prove that Morison played a big part in us doing so well last season!

My personal views on Morison are that hes a very capable forward whos proved he can do a job in the Premiership but sometimes he lets himself down when he lets his head drop and loses interest.

The last two games su Morison up completely!

On Tuesday against Scunthorpe he didn''t look up for it and was poor as a result. Today he was interested and caused Spurs a lot of problem leading the line very well.

[quote user="kingsway"]

The stats from last season prove that Morison played a big part in us doing so well last season!

My personal views on Morison are that hes a very capable forward whos proved he can do a job in the Premiership but sometimes he lets himself down when he lets his head drop and loses interest.

The last two games su Morison up completely!

On Tuesday against Scunthorpe he didn''t look up for it and was poor as a result. Today he was interested and caused Spurs a lot of problem leading the line very well.

[/quote]
I agree with every word of this.

I think all the competition that CH has brought in has worked very well because it''s pushed all the current players on! Sometimes it can go the other way, but for us it appears to have gone positively! Bradley Johnson especially and Russ! Barney is taking his chance so far too:)

I''d argue that he was also good v Fulham away. He charged down everything, blocked a couple of kicks from Schwarzer, won loads and loads of flick ons. Looks like a motivated player this season.