Sign in to follow this  
unique

The changing face of fixtures......

It''s interesting to see how upcoming fixtures are perceived as the season develops and teams jockey for the top table positions.

A couple of superb perfomances from Norwich have fortunately paled the result on opening day, and have fuelled a healthy belief in the manager and squad.

The next game at home to West Ham looked like a banker pre-season, but results, performances and acquisitions have now turned this game into a potential banana skin.

On the other hand, the trip to Newcastle that follows, does not seem as daunting as last year, and if Vile can get a result there, then there is hope that a sensational first goal of the season from Cisse won''t stop us picking up some points.

Playing Liverpool at Carrow Road the following week now looks like a great opportunity for three points, as their opening start to the season stutters from gloom to disaster.

Judging by all games and performances so far this season in the Premier League, it would appear that no fixture this season should appear too daunting to a Norwich team if they continue in the same vein as they have the last two games. Even the two Manchester clubs have been privy to conceding goals so far, and neither club seemed to have found any early rhythm.

So for me, from now on, there is no such thing as a difficult fixture. Norwich have shown in the last two games that they have a squad of players good enough to compete with anyone, at any ground.

Seriously west ham a banker?

On paper a number of their players could walk into our team. Think it will be an entertaining game but we have. To muscle up against Nolan. He will cause havoc at corners. That is why we wanted them to stay down, they will be very tough and a draw is a good result. But I would hope we can get that win, because we are beginning to need that win.

I would never say west ham is a banker.

I''d much rather see Horse open his account than Cisse [:P].  He''s looked a bit sluggish the last couple.

When the fixtures come out, if you''re not looking to take three points at home against the three promoted sides, then exactly where are you looking to win games?

Where would you be looking to win games?   Every game you play.     Targeting this club or that club  will not help.  The premiership is perhaps going to be more competetive than ever with all teams taking points off all other teams.     Surely the experience last season shows that we should not get too hung up about particular matches (blackburn at home last season for example - which was ridiculously overhyped).      You simply have to take points wherever and whenever you can get them.    

Bankers?   There may be some on this forum - but none in the fixture list, that''s for sure.  

I think the OP really sums up the magic of the Premier League. Any game is winnable, or loseable, on any given day. Form is such a major factor. If you look at Man City, fair enough they are winning games, but you can''t exactly call it convincing. They have almost adopted the Lambert "We''ll score more than you" tactic. I was very surprised to see Southampton do so well against them. But it does show they are beatable.

Its a great league, and you might look at the fixtures below as a great chance of picking up points in December, but by then, who knows what will be happening. Adds a lot to the old cliche "Take each game as it comes"

Sat Dec 1

Sunderland

H

Sat Dec 8

Swansea City

A

Sat Dec 15

Wigan Athletic

H

Sat Dec 22

West Brom

A