Sign in to follow this  
Mello Yello

Manchester United's "Norfolk Boyz?"

Just a casual and curious observation......When we played Chelski, I noticed in my immediate vicinity in the City Stand, 2 chaps who I perceived as true City fans- celebrating (not applauding!) the 3 goals scored by the ''Blues''. Not particulary bothered about it, but I wonder how many Canary/ Man-ure followers, will be sat amongst us in our other home areas when we play them?

I remember the last time we played the "Dead Devils" 10 years ago, (when I resided in the South stand), there were over a dozen followers of Ferguson around me, who, only just a few weeks earlier- were adorned in green and yellow. When I queried 3 of them regarding their allegiance, they said they had always been UTD fans, and came to Carra Rud just to watch some football?!

Each to their own I suppose ....Maybe we can do an "unofficial poll" on this board after the impending visit of the worldwide supported (but only if you''re not from Manchester) Reds, and just see if there are any of your regular: "I thought you were a ''Canary'' supporter?!" close neighbours at our ground, who just might.... be closet Red, Blue or whatever.....

Just being curious... 

Anyway, any ''divided loyalty'' supporter''s, willing to declare themselves on these boards?    OTBC ;~)

While a dedicated follow of city and only city I d know of no less than 5 people who have possessed a city season for between 3-7 years who all follow other clubs due to relocating to norwich for work.  They dont just follow the manures/gooners/chelskis of this worlds with burnley and and kilmarnock amongst the ''home'' teams.   They are ardent football fans but living far away from their home clubs and have adopted city as a real club, except when the paths of their true clubs cross.

More bizarrely I still cant get my head around my brother in law who has never moved out of Sprowston, was schooled at the cathedral and has a season ticket but is a Manure fan through and through.  He never get animated at a city match (fits in well in the city stand then:laugh but is currently sulking because a better team won last night - a Glory fan indeed.

OTBC 

Football is football & i just love the beautifull game from watchin my mates kid on a wet cold sunday morning to seeing Manure losing on telly

I brought up a simular post to this a while back but got slated for it,maybe because at that time i was relativley a new poster. However it is anoying knowing that Arsenal,Chelski,Manure fans ect ect are in our stands watching the boys play when there are many true City suporters who cant get tickets.But i supose at the end of the day its still revenue going into the club no matter who''s arse is sitting on a seat.

On a slightly different note the biggest thing that probably anoys me more than my kids or Joe Royle is Norfolk born & bred kids supporting the big clubs.Sorry but a 7 yr old kid wearing a Manure top or Arsenal or Chelski really gets my goat(or should it be sheep)! For instance,my mates kid is 12,an avid Manure suporter.We were all getting ready to watch Manure on telly last week at home to Milan,and i heard the most amazing question i have ever heard in my whole life.............he asks  ''Dad are Manchester Utd any good at home?''  Well fook me i thought and got a beer!

Urgh, people who "support" more than one team. Notice how those peoples ''other'' team is always someone like Man Utd or Arsenal, never Fulham or Bolton...

Have to say that seeing kids wearing Manure shirts really winds me up big time. Reminds me of a few years ago when my oldest son who was eight at the time came home from school with a request for his dad to buy him a Manure shirt, no way am I having a Manure shirt in this house I replied. His mother then told me not to be so horrible cos he''s only a kid. Don''t care I replied he is going to be brought up the right way so I''ll buy him a Norwich shirt. Four years on he''s City through and through and hates Manure as much as his old man. If only all parents adopted the same principles the red scumbags wouldn''t have so much local support.

Wont be able to manure game as on holiday, therefore leaving my season ticket available.

my one stipulation is if you want it you bleed green & yellow!

A bloke who works at same place as me has been sniffing about, always been hardcore norwich but just cant afford it etc, blah blah blah!!

My suspicions about being closet red emerged this morning after he was overheard moaning about a result in milan and how unlucky they were!!

hes got as much as getting that ticket as kissing the Queens a!"$, Id rather seat was left empty!

B4 anyone asks, my nephew is standing in for me providing he can get time off work.

I only support two teams..............Norwich and anyone playing ip"%!£h

I thought i was a diehard supporter, but my kids put me to shade. My youngest lives in his numerous NCFC shirts, and a couple of years ago at the theatre production of aladdin when uncle abanazer declared his undying love for ipswich town, my boy stood up and yelled ''SCUM'' at the top of his voice. i could have died, but it brought the house down.

[quote]Urgh, people who "support" more than one team. Notice how those peoples ''other'' team is always someone like Man Utd or Arsenal, never Fulham or Bolton...[/quote]

My second team is Cambridge United. Not much glamorus about that.

[quote]My second team is Cambridge United. Not much glamorus about that.[/quote]

You''re one of the few Turn... one of the few...

[quote]Urgh, people who "support" more than one team. Notice how those peoples ''other'' team is always someone like Man Utd or Arsenal, never Fulham or Bolton...[/quote]

my other team is Shrewsbury Town,  now thats dedication!!!!!

Cant see them playing in a fixture in the same league.........  unless the mighty Shrews get their own sugar daddy!!!!!!

If I were to have another team it''d probably be Lincoln. They were always my dads team and I''ve been to a number of games (the best being the day they were premoted to the old 2nd Division thanks to two goals from Hucks and Gareth Ainsworth. Huckerby was brilliant back - always dreamed he''d play for Norwich one day...)

Ah, Lincoln...my local team. I''ve been to watch them once at Sincil Bank. I also keep an eye out for Northampton Town''s results and Oxford''s too (I used to live in the region). I''m NCFC through and through though.

I keep one eye on Northampton and Cambridge''s scores too.

Mind you, the point of the thread was about City supporters who go to matches every week who turn face and support ManUre or Arsenal or Chelsea when they play at Carrow Road. Even if Norwich were playing Lincoln, for me, I''d want Norwich to put 5 past them.

When I lived in Cambridge I used to go abd see them a a fair bit but if Norwich played at the Abbey I would of gone along as usual, stood with my mates but would of been supporting Norwich.

This post is similar to the one a couple of months ago where someone complained about the fact that Man U ect fans were getting seats in the home end. Considering that on a number of occasions this season I have done the same (as our away allocation always sells out fast) I cant really complain.

I don''t think it would be a problem if these ''fans'' conducted themselves properly. I can''t criticise too much because I''ve sat in home ends of numerous grounds to watch Norwich before - but I''d never wear colours and if Norwich were ever to score, I''d try not to show any emotion at all, just smile on the inside and keep my mouth shut.

It''s disrespectful and provocative to the home supporters to stand up shouting and cheering.

[quote]I don''t think it would be a problem if these ''fans'' conducted themselves properly. I can''t criticise too much because I''ve sat in home ends of numerous grounds to watch Norwich before - but I''d never ...[/quote]

True, I never wear the colurs and if we score hold the bottom of my seat to stop myself from jumping up.

[quote]I don''t think it would be a problem if these ''fans'' conducted themselves properly. I can''t criticise too much because I''ve sat in home ends of numerous grounds to watch Norwich before - but I''d never ...[/quote]

so you wouldnt recomend sitting with the Ipswich fans when Iwan should have scored at pooman road about 5yrs ago i think. We won 1 nil when Bellars scored late on. I jumped up totally involuntarily on the Iwan chance and looked a right muppet when he unbelievably failed to score. I learnt my lesson for our goal. Hands were securely under my backside!!

[quote]so you wouldnt recomend sitting with the Ipswich fans when Iwan should have scored at pooman road about 5yrs ago i think. We won 1 nil when Bellars scored late on. I jumped up totally involuntarily on...[/quote]

We were in a similar situation for the derby last year. We''d been given tickets in what we thought was the directors box, but it turned out that they were in the actual main stand. Thanks to a huge stroke of good fortune, the club had double sold our tickets and they had to move us so we ended up in the Norwich section.

Good job too, because theres no way I''d have managed to contain myself when Leon scored the second