Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for The Academy with the Pink un Pickers (SCOOBY & HERMAN)

[quote user="NWC"]Ok, so I have papers scattered all over the desk and about 15 sports pages open on the PC. The kids are kicking off a bit, but I think I''m finally ready for the 6:

Premier League = ManCity to beat QPR
Bundesliga = Bayern Munich to beat VFB Stuttgart
Primeira Liga = Benfica to beat Nacional (enjoy the game Wings of a Sparrow !!)
Blue Square Premier League = Forest Green to beat Hyde
Latvian First Division = FC Daugava to beat Gulbene (you just can''t argue with stats!)
Scottish Premier = Celtic to beat Hibernian (my nap.)

Good Luck all.

nwc
[/quote]

Thank you for this terrific final 6 Marcus. I think they look nailed on. We just need that little bit of luck as ever.

I''ve placed these with Bet365 and the potential return is £36.51 which is certainly nothing to sneeze at. It would in fact put us in profit for the season.

We get underway in Latvia at 11 tomorrow. Then Forest Green and Celtic kick off at 3:00 followed by Man City at 5:30. If we''re lucky enough to be undefeated after that we go into Sunday when Bayern Munich kick off at 4:30 before Wings cheers us home in Portugal at 8:15.

We''re all behind you NWC. The power of the PUPs will get us through[Y]

Good Luck NWC, sorry my selection is late this week.This week I am confidently predicting an away win for NCFC!

yes, that''s rightBury V NOTTS COUNTY FC - AWAY WIN 6/5!  [:P][;)]Good luck all Pups,Leedscanary

Grr, late again. One day I''ll get this done before Friday evening!!!

Anyway, its Man City to beat QPR please.

Good luck all

[quote user="Herman "]

All sweet in Latvia[Y]

Good luck NWC,good looking set of picks.

[/quote]

Indeed. Daugava have already won 1-0. Celtic are winning 1-0 and Forest Green winning 2-0.

Still all sweet [:)]

Can''t believe Hibs came back for a 2-2 draw at Celtic - fantastic result for them, crap result for us!Mortified............ but at least City got a well deserved point at the lane :)

[quote user="NWC"]Can''t believe Hibs came back for a 2-2 draw at Celtic - fantastic result for them, crap result for us!
Mortified............ but at least City got a well deserved point at the lane :)
[/quote]

That''s right NWC. And it''s so hard to get all 6 but you had a great go. Hope you enjoyed the experience as I enjoyed your thread this week.

We''ve still got our league to come and then we''ve gotta try and help Scooby next weekend in what will be a different challenge.

Unlucky NWC - was a good effort on paper.Will start scouring the fixtures for next week as I believe it is an International weekend.

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]Well I did my bit in cheering Benfica to a home win! Nutty, could you remind me where to send my tenner.[/quote]

Well done Wings. I''ve never been there so I''m well jealous. Was it really impressive?

If you want to donate paypal is canaryeddie@aol.com

You''re also 1/1 100% in our PUPs league[Y]

It was an amazing stadium, sadly only just over half full (circa 35k) and no away support (Nacional from Madeira so obviously travel implications on a Sunday night.) I imagine the local derby would be a different matter though.

Good views and facilities all round and easy to get to on the metro. 30 euros for a seat fairly high up in the TMN stand.

Official club shirts 82 to 97 euros (that''s what Adidas sponsorsip does for you.)

The eagle club mascot that circled the stadium and alighted on the club sign on the pitch was impressive.

Slow first half, but three well worked goals in the second saw Benfica to an easy third win on the trot at the start of the season.

I''ll try and post a couple of pics tomorrow.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]If you want a ''banker'' then surely; Keith @ 1/20 should beat Fort William?[/quote]

Finished 1-1.

Nothing can be called a ''banker''

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]If you want a ''banker'' then surely; Keith @ 1/20 should beat Fort William?[/quote]

Finished 1-1.

[/quote]Why would you bet on one man to beat a whole team?

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

Finished 1-1.

[/quote]Too true -  I''m still smarting from Celtic. But it was an enjoyable experience, so thanks to all for my help.

Next Saturday I shall be presenting last season''s winnings to Ricky Martin at Colney before the Under 18s play Reading. I hope some of you PUPs can make it. There''s no league game that day because of international break so it gives us a chance to see a game. The kick off is 1pm so the presentation will be at 12:45.

Because next weekend is the international break we will have a different challenge. There are games in the lower leagues but most of the internationals are played on Friday evening. It''s only going to be possible to include those games if Scooby can post the final selections by Friday tea time. So if you''re looking in Scooby what do you reckon buddy?

Brilliant effort from you PUPs this weekend. 55 selected again with 46 correct picks, 84%. Of the 26 games offered to NWC 18 won, 69%. NWC did well with what we gave him. 5/6 was a great effort and just Celtic let us down.

Here is the latest PUPs League showing those with at least 50% right from at least 50% of the available weeks.

Beauseant33100%
Bore Bore Bor33100%
Boyo33100%
CDMullins33100%
Cityangel33100%
City-Til-I-Die33100%
Excited Canary33100%
Fonejacker33100%
Hissing Sid33100%
Hughesy33100%
Jed Exodus33100%
Lappinitup33100%
Leedscanary33100%
Mister Chops33100%
Mr. Bump33100%
NCFCStar33100%
Newcastle Uni Canary33100%
Newyorkcanary33100%
Norfolkbroadslim33100%
Scooby33100%
Statto33100%
Swindon33100%
Trent Canary33100%
Yankee Canary33100%
Mandie Moo''s Mear Kat 22100%
1st Wazzock2367%
Cosmic Twin2367%
Diesel Doris2367%
Dogger2367%
Ginger Pele2367%
GMF2367%
Graham Humphrey2367%
Herman2367%
Inch High2367%
Jellytot2367%
NWC2367%
PurpleCanary 2367%
Snake-eyes2367%
The Great Drinkell2367%
Til 10102367%
Vindo2367%
Legend Iwan1250%
Rob Sims1250%
Splutcho1250%
Twidio1250%

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

Finished 1-1.

[/quote]

Why would you bet on one man to beat a whole team?

[/quote]

That are inside a fort!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Next Saturday I shall be presenting last season''s winnings to Ricky Martin at Colney before the Under 18s play Reading. I hope some of you PUPs can make it. There''s no league game that day because of international break so it gives us a chance to see a game. The kick off is 1pm so the presentation will be at 12:45.

Because next weekend is the international break we will have a different challenge. There are games in the lower leagues but most of the internationals are played on Friday evening. It''s only going to be possible to include those games if Scooby can post the final selections by Friday tea time. So if you''re looking in Scooby what do you reckon buddy?

[/quote]

Shouldn''t be a problem Nutty.  If you want to include all the Friday night games too I''ll post my selections Friday by lunchtime if that''s ok.