Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for The Academy with the Pink un Pickers (SCOOBY & HERMAN)

[quote user="littletinsoldier"]Fair play, I thought it was a grammatical error. I certainly will, not just because of guilt though[/quote]

No worries buddy. Good to have you on board[Y]

Off to the Scottish Premier to try and get off the mark this season and

Celtic to win at home against Hibs

Good luck all, especially NWC

Just been having a look in http://www.soccerstats.com/latest.asp?league=holland and I''m intigued by the RKC Waalwijk  v Heracles Almelo game. To me it looks like a home banker. RKC are unbeaten so far and beat PSV in their previous home game. Heracles have yet to win and their only point was gained at home to VVV. Yet the odds on bet365 for the home win are 19/20. Maybe I''m missing something, and I know it''s early in the season, but I''m going with it anyway.

RKC Waalwijk          v            Heracles Almelo          Home Win

After my ignominious start to the season I''m going to go for Rangers again. Not great odds but I think they''ll beat Elgin. Good luck.

Bundesliga for me this week.

Werder Bremen to win against Hamburg.

They lost a tight one to a very good Dortmund last week away from home, so I expect I solid home victory here!

Snake

Sorry to pick a game that has already been chosen, but will go along with Meth Canary with Daugava to beat Gulbene in Latvia. To add to the stats already given, in the six games between the two sides, Daugava have won all six. Best of luck NWC.

I''m also going for a home win for FC Twente v. VVV Venlo.

Last season Twente were W9 D4 L4 F41 A21 at home while Venlo were W1 D0 L16 F13 A53 away.

Good Luck, NWC!

As always, trying to offer a little value so I''ll take what looks like a strong Fulham side to win away at West Ham, who were diabolical last week.

15/8 - Fulham - Away win

Off to Montenegro. Sutjeska to win at home against Zeta. Early days, but top versus one from bottom. Sutjeska with a 4-0-0 and 5-1 overall record; Zeta with a 0-1-2 and 0-3 record. Also Zeta played last night in the Europa League, losing 9-0 to PSV. Good luck to all.

Although I dont like the idea of bankers only to win some is better than none, good luck to NCW/NWC (forgot which way round it goes [:$])

I''m going for a home win for Burnley vs Brighton. Brighton have lost Craig Noone who was a good player for them and they havent won away in their last 5 games!

If you want a ''banker'' then surely; Keith @ 1/20 should beat Fort William?

This week I''m following our transfer policy and going abroad for my pick as you want "bankers" I give you

JK Silamae V Tallinna FC Flora Away win.

As with some of our new signings I know nothing abouit these teams in fact I don''t even know what country they play in. - I do know they are 1/5 to win away and will win next to nothing for the academy (about Â£2 for a £10 stake! I personally wouldn''t do it with my money) - but hey NWC if it gets you on the signautre then that''s all that matters I suppose.

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

This week I''m following our transfer policy and going abroad for my pick as you want "bankers" I give you

JK Silamae V Tallinna FC Flora Away win.

As with some of our new signings I know nothing abouit these teams in fact I don''t even know what country they play in. - I do know they are 1/5 to win away and will win next to nothing for the academy (about Â£2 for a £10 stake! I personally wouldn''t do it with my money) - but hey NWC if it gets you on the signautre then that''s all that matters I suppose.

[/quote]

Some money is better than no money. No need to be nasty.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week three of Rays Funds. This week we have NWC in charge and making the final selections.  

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,4,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,3, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,2, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,2, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup, Statto, yes Norfolkchance1 £1655 for the Academy,so far.

[/quote]

This is the point of the thread and all the rest of us need to do is offer NWC our suggestions and our support.

That was how Ray always viewed it and I was always, and am still, 100% in agreement with him.

Almost went for Newcastle v Villa home win......but bottled...

So am going for Man City v QPR - HOME win

GL all

Yeah Drinkell, I don''t think its right for posters (not saying you do it often) to have a slight dig about short odds picks, or games in the 3rd division in Romania. The aim is for us Pups to add our own selection (and thats where you can add in the bigger price, or the 3PM Saturday English kickoffs) for that weeks picker to try and get the 6 winners. Wether the win is £30 or £300 it doesn''t really matter, unless we were talking about thousands I think its more the thought that counts.

Anyway, onto my pick. And you''ll never guess what, i''m going back to my old favourite Almeria. They have won their first two games, and host Real Madrid B who lost their only away game so far.

Almeria vs Real Madrid B- Home win.

Good luck :)

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Yeah Drinkell, I don''t think its right for posters (not saying you do it often) to have a slight dig about short odds picks, or games in the 3rd division in Romania. The aim is for us Pups to add our own selection (and thats where you can add in the bigger price, or the 3PM Saturday English kickoffs) for that weeks picker to try and get the 6 winners. Wether the win is £30 or £300 it doesn''t really matter, unless we were talking about thousands I think its more the thought that counts. Anyway, onto my pick. And you''ll never guess what, i''m going back to my old favourite Almeria. They have won their first two games, and host Real Madrid B who lost their only away game so far. Almeria vs Real Madrid B- Home win. Good luck :)[/quote]

Wasn''t having a go at short odds or foreign choices each to there own. I enjoy looking for value and the pickers asked for Bankers only so I just looked for a short odds selection. to help him - as a team player.

I just don''t see why I should be told what kind of selection to pick. after all the picker can ignore any selection if he doesn''t agree.

NWC I apologise and this was written in the heat of the moment in frustration. - and to all PUP''s I apologise this is one thread that doesn''t need a muppet like me venting my frustration - there are plenty of others for this Threads not Muppets!

Your not being told what to pick Drinks, you can pick whatever you want. But its when people have to make a point about short odds etc. If you want to pick a 1/20 shot fine, if you want to pick a 20/1 fine. As you said the picker can ignore any selection they don''t feel will work.

I think its just easier if we all leave out comments about what kind of picks we don''t like or do like if it could be taken as having a pop at other pickers. We don''t want this thread to have any silly aggression like in most others on this board. (So sorry Drinks if I was being harsh on you, just wanted to make a point that i''ve seen others also make sly comments about short odds etc...)

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Yeah Drinkell, I don''t think its right for posters (not saying you do it often) to have a slight dig about short odds picks, or games in the 3rd division in Romania. The aim is for us Pups to add our own selection (and thats where you can add in the bigger price, or the 3PM Saturday English kickoffs) for that weeks picker to try and get the 6 winners. Wether the win is £30 or £300 it doesn''t really matter, unless we were talking about thousands I think its more the thought that counts. Anyway, onto my pick. And you''ll never guess what, i''m going back to my old favourite Almeria. They have won their first two games, and host Real Madrid B who lost their only away game so far. Almeria vs Real Madrid B- Home win. Good luck :)[/quote]

Wasn''t having a go at short odds or foreign choices each to there own. I enjoy looking for value and the pickers asked for Bankers only so I just looked for a short odds selection. to help him - as a team player.

I just don''t see why I should be told what kind of selection to pick. after all the picker can ignore any selection if he doesn''t agree.

NWC I apologise and this was written in the heat of the moment in frustration. - and to all PUP''s I apologise this is one thread that doesn''t need a muppet like me venting my frustration - there are plenty of others for this Threads not Muppets!

[/quote]

We appreciate all the selections. Leeds has come up with a couple of crackers over the last couple of weeks. My selection this week is a banker to me even though the price makes it a bit risky. NWC has asked for our bankers and we have given them. Last season Norfolkchance gave what he considered were banker aways and helped Lapp to his winning week.

Drinks, you are known for giving what you consider to be value selections and these can be considered on their merits. Everyone''s selection is important.  One of our strengths in giving the guy in charge options. He then has the final say in how he uses them. He can even be crazy enough to pick a nutty selection because it''s his choice[;)][Y]

Good luck this week NWC.  To be honest I''m sick of certain teams, so I really hope that (and my pick is):Man City to beat QPRNot just beat them, but annihilate them.  Good luck this week NWC and all you Pups.

Crawley to win at home against Orient in League one for me this week.

Ok, so I have papers scattered all over the desk and about 15 sports pages open on the PC. The kids are kicking off a bit, but I think I''m finally ready for the 6:Premier League = ManCity to beat QPRBundesliga = Bayern Munich to beat VFB StuttgartPrimeira Liga = Benfica to beat Nacional (enjoy the game Wings of a Sparrow !!)Blue Square Premier League = Forest Green to beat HydeLatvian First Division = FC Daugava to beat Gulbene (you just can''t argue with stats!)Scottish Premier = Celtic to beat Hibernian (my nap.)Good Luck all.

nwc

I''m trying not to go with the obvious choices so I''m going for,

Birmingham to beat Peterbrough at home.

Both teams haven''t started to well this season but I would expect Birmingham to be able to get a result against a rather poor Posh side at home especially as it looks like Posh are about to lose thier best players.

Best of luck.

Sorry for being so late!I''ll go for Real Madrid to beat Granada.Madrid haven''t had the best start and even though they played midweek I think they will finally get their season up and running with a win.