Sign in to follow this  
drurys dodgy knee

Well screw you too, El Ahamadi

Just read a story on the sky sports news app (hence no link from me) that El Ahamadi was approached by Lambert while at Norwich, and he wasn''t very excited or keen. Lambert then moved to Villa and he couldn''t wait to sign up.

He''s being honest but he could be a bit more diplomatic

an all too familiar tale

especially from a young lad, I know, who approached many a young lady in the old Samson and Hercules and found they weren''t too keen or excited about it either

perhaps my friend should have moved to Birmingham

Yep! Now its ON!!! Lets gut the B******ds! (In fairness, though, it was on before El Ahamadi added insult to injury)

Really don''t think- despite what pundits are diplomatically saying- that Villa look much good. The one and only difference today is that they were bothered enough to put some effort in. Add to that the fact that we are now seeing the Alan Pardew effect begin to take hold of Newcastle (ie. they''re becoming a bit rubbish).

Quite right, it was a lot to do with how rubbish Newcastle were slightly more than how good villa were. But they certainly showed signs of the lambert effect. Hard work and never say die attitude. However they''re still missing that bit of quality (which Ben arfa showed can get a team out of trouble and get a result) and so will PLs youngsters deliver to the ambition the fans have? Hmm...

Here is the LINK for anyone that is interested. Lets hope that Johnno lets him know that he is there when we play them and that his remarks come back at him when we finish above Villa for the second season in a row.

[quote user="alartz"]I''ve really been against the whole lambert is a d**k for leaving etc etc. But after reading the story el amisogood I hope they finish bottom[/quote]

Classic

He simply went to the club that offered him the greatest emotional comfort. That being the one managed by the nice kind man who had expressed an interest in him earlier. Thank goodness Snoddy doesn''t think anything like the same way!...

I have never wished any player to get injured before, but I hope this T@at has a long time on the bench and roll on Ramadam. And Lambert,  Thanks for allowing us to get C Hughton.

KEA is already seen by many as our best signing of the summer (although tbf all the ones that''ve started so far have looked our better players). He''s been great so far, so composed and good with the ball. And all for 2.5m

From yesterday, it looks as if Lamberts total change of style (our 3rd in three seasons!) is finally starting to click

Chuffed with that. It''ll be small steps and slow progress but that was a welcome showing

Will be interesting to see if the 4 new lads get in the side next time out, along with Gabby, Dunne and Albrighton

Onwards

[quote user="AJ"]KEA is already seen by many as our best signing of the summer (although tbf all the ones that''ve started so far have looked our better players). He''s been great so far, so composed and good with the ball. And all for 2.5m From yesterday, it looks as if Lamberts total change of style (our 3rd in three seasons!) is finally starting to click Chuffed with that. It''ll be small steps and slow progress but that was a welcome showing Will be interesting to see if the 4 new lads get in the side next time out, along with Gabby, Dunne and Albrighton Onwards[/quote]

Based on MOTD clips it does look as if PL''s adopted managerial mantra (from MoN) of ''get them running for you'' is starting to be evidenced. The Villa midfield were closing down in packs which stopped Newcastle getting any real flow. What a goal from Ben Arfa though - wow!

That was a wonder goal.

We''re passing the ball now, no more hit it up the channels, no more hoof it from the back upfield. There''s a nice steady feel to it now, helped by having the likes of KEA and Vlaar in the side with their preference for Dutch style football

We just need Bent back fully match fit and firing now

[quote user="AJ"]Not at all Things are looking promising[/quote]

AJ, I really am not being unkind in saying this ( just my honest opinion ), but if you think yesterday looked promising then you must really have been watching some dreadful stuff for some time.

Well I thought that was obvious?. Have you forgot we''ve had two crap managers both playing completely differing styles (or should i say ''trying to play'') before Lambert?.

As per all press and radio, I viewed yesterday (on the net) with great pride. Lovely football, great work ethic and a team starting to gel. Excitedly looking forward to seeing the first choice 11 now

Long may it continue.

To be honest I dont see that his statement is particularly controversialTo a lot of "outsiders" Villa are a bigger club - theyve been in the top division for 35 or so years, had the odd cup run, and of course (unlike Leeds) they really were Champions of Europe albeit 30ish years ago.  We''ve had 5 promotions from lower leagues, a Milk Cup, a playoff final and most of those intervening years in Division 2 (as it used to be).  So Villa appear to be a better proposition for a player looking for a new clubThat said, it would be funny if they took the drop this year.  Football does have a habit of being cyclical and Villa will go down one of these days....

[quote user="AJ"]Well I thought that was obvious?. Have you forgot we''ve had two crap managers both playing completely differing styles (or should i say ''trying to play'') before Lambert?. As per all press and radio, I viewed yesterday (on the net) with great pride. Lovely football, great work ethic and a team starting to gel. Excitedly looking forward to seeing the first choice 11 now Long may it continue.[/quote]

AJ, perhaps you think the world and his wife have been watching Aston Villa, but I doubt it. So you see, it is neither obvious or forgetfulness on this end. What has been observed is Villa selling off key players and a slide down the table, barely avoiding relegation last season. Paul Lambert may help, but it remains to see whether the slide has been arrested.

It''s household news whatever happens at Villa. That comes With the territory

Never even heard of the guy, and tbh if he thinks he''s bigger and better than this club I''m glad he didn''t come here. We''ve got a good talented squad, I doubt he would have fitted in.