Sign in to follow this  
Ghost of Pongo Waring

Villa vs Norwich now an early kick off

The game was originally changed to Sunday for Sky TV coverage with the caveat that it would move to 12:45 on the Saturday should Liverpool reach the Europa group stages, so we''ve known about this all along... something you obviously didn''t know.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]The game was originally changed to Sunday for Sky TV coverage with the caveat that it would move to 12:45 on the Saturday should Liverpool reach the Europa group stages, so we''ve known about this all along... something you obviously didn''t know.[/quote]A  R  S  E      H O L EPeople like you can give the place a bad name.

[quote user="The Young One"]A  R  S  E      H O L EPeople like you can give the place a bad name.[/quote]The few people on here like me provide the useful info amongst all the cr@p posted by others.  If you don''t like it, go elsewhere.

[quote user="The Young One"][quote user="Matt Juler"]The game was originally changed to Sunday for Sky TV coverage with the caveat that it would move to 12:45 on the Saturday should Liverpool reach the Europa group stages, so we''ve known about this all along... something you obviously didn''t know.[/quote]A  R  S  E      H O L EPeople like you can give the place a bad name.[/quote]Arsehole ? WTF''s that all about ?Matt''s one of the most helpful people on here. There''s plenty of others who aren''t.......

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="The Young One"][quote user="Matt Juler"]The game was originally changed to Sunday for Sky TV coverage with the caveat that it would move to 12:45 on the Saturday should Liverpool reach the Europa group stages, so we''ve known about this all along... something you obviously didn''t know.
[/quote]

A  R  S  E      H O L E

People like you can give the place a bad name.
[/quote]

Arsehole ? WTF''s that all about ?

Matt''s one of the most helpful people on here. There''s plenty of others who aren''t.......
[/quote]

Agreed Smithy[Y]

But I don''t get why he does it when he appears to have such a low opinion of the rest of us....

[quote user="Matt Juler"]The game was originally changed to Sunday for Sky TV coverage with the caveat that it would move to 12:45 on the Saturday should Liverpool reach the Europa group stages, so we''ve known about this all along... something you obviously didn''t know.[/quote]

Is there any need to be rude about it?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

But I don''t get why he does it when he appears to have such a low opinion of the rest of us....

[/quote]I''d rarely have a go at City fans, even though there are many on here who are quite frankly rather daft, I was just very surprised that an internet savvy Villa fan wasn''t aware of the plans for the match.  Maybe it''s because I spend so much of my free time organising away travel for the Capital Canaries that I''m more up to speed on the intricacies of the fixtures than most.

[quote user="Matt Juler"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]I''d rarely have a go at City fans, even though there are many on here who are quite frankly rather daft, I was just very surprised that an internet savvy Villa fan wasn''t aware of the plans for the match.  Maybe it''s because I spend so much of my free time organising away travel for the Capital Canaries that I''m more up to speed on the intricacies of the fixtures than most.

[/quote]

Fair comment Matt. It just pees me off when people have a pop at the quality of the posts on this forum. In the most part posters are knowledgable and entertaining. I think sometimes we should all show more appreciation for what we have.

This thread is a complete example of what''s wrong with the Pink''un these days.

The OP did nothing wrong, and gave info a lot of people might now have known. He was in courteous about what he said.

There are some very good threads on here Nutty. But you have to admit a fair number also start with the OP making a decent enough point but then the thread soon degenerates into people trading abuse. Including people demanding a meeting in person to sort out their differences.

It''s part of the rich tapestry of the board I guess Jacko. But you''d be hard pressed to find a better place online for City fans to hang out.

My advice is not to take the parts you don''t like too seriously and enjoy the rest.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]  

I''d rarely have a go at City fans, even though there are many on here who are quite frankly rather daft, I was just very surprised that an internet savvy Villa fan wasn''t aware of the plans for the match.  Maybe it''s because I spend so much of my free time organising away travel for the Capital Canaries that I''m more up to speed on the intricacies of the fixtures than most.

[/quote]To be honest I don''t take a great deal of notice of fixture changes generally. I can''t get to away games any more and I live in Birmingham so it makes little difference to me what time or day the home games are. With so many changes now due to TV or European participants playing Sundays I usually just keep an eye on the next few matches.However I heard that this had been moved and thought I''d post just in case there were any Norwich fans that weren''t aware of the change. Of course the chances were that most of you would probably know already but it might just have saved somebody a bit of inconvenience and expense.