Sign in to follow this  
Cambridgeyellow

Hughton Out

Even if we had lost 1-0 we can''t criticise the performance, Friedel played out of his skin to keep Spurs in the game and Dembele''s goal was superb. Absolutely chuffed to bits over that performance.

Historically, Norwich Spurs games have always been great games to watch and Norwich have nearly alays given a great account of themselves.

[quote user="Morisons Prozac"]Even if we had lost 1-0 we can''t criticise the performance, Friedel played out of his skin to keep Spurs in the game and Dembele''s goal was superb. Absolutely chuffed to bits over that performance.[/quote]this

Nice to see supposedly "negative" Chris Hughton playing with 2 strikers and 2 wingers away from home. Few more performances like this might shut some people up.

Now I reckon when your first competitive game in charge is a humiliating shambles, you have a bit of hard work to do to put things right, and today and last Saturday went a long way to putting things right.  What you have to ask yourself is whether today, or Fulham, was the exception.  Certainly on the basis of today it looks like we know what we''re doing and the team are up for it, and it don''t get much better than that.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]

Now I reckon when your first competitive game in charge is a humiliating shambles, you have a bit of hard work to do to put things right, and today and last Saturday went a long way to putting things right.  What you have to ask yourself is whether today, or Fulham, was the exception.  Certainly on the basis of today it looks like we know what we''re doing and the team are up for it, and it don''t get much better than that.

[/quote]

steady on bor

After the Fulham debacle I questioned if Mr Hughton was the man for us?  Did he learn nothing from pre-season, the players didn''t look fit and the tactics were woeful.  I had seen nothing to inspire me that he could do a job for us.

After the games agaisnt QPR and Spurs I have seen enough.  He''ll do for me, 2 up front again and players working hard for the shirt until the last minute.  I''m a "glass half empty" fan, but I have been impressed with the recent performances.  I thought Brellier  was a decent signing, so it''s not unusual for me to be wrong.  I''m delighted I was, and those who urged restraint after the Fulham defeat can rightly and smugly say "I told you so".

Full credit for the way the team has come on since opening day, which has probably been helped by the support on the road.  Off to make an Omelette from the egg on my face, and have a coffee and slice of humble pie. 

After the Fulham debacle I said that if our performances continued in that negative vein and poor attitude I would want him out. We have gone on from there with two very positive performances and also strengthened a very poor defence.

He is now winning me over as long as he does not revert to previous negativity, and if we try to win every game I will be happy. It''s a real shame that we did not play at Fulham as we did at Spurs but perhaps it was useful in that he apparently learnt a real lesson in Norwich supporters'' expectations of attacking football.

Well Paul,  the attitude that you mention seemed to stem from four seasons back, as Fulham took the game to us they seemed unstoppable.  We were, to coin a phrase dithering about and did not seem to be able to control the mid field, as was the case in the period  mentioned previously.  Thankfully we seem to have the Paul Lambert spirit back in abundance, and long may it continue.  I personally  was surprised to see the lack of spirit shown in the Fulham game .  I am sure however, that  Houghton in his after match interviews has said that the Fulham result was uacceptable, the message has well and truly been recieved and understood. On th ball city!

[quote user="Wiz"]We can all be wrong, the difference being some of us aren''t scared to admit it.[/quote]

Or maybe its because you get lots of practise.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="Wiz"]We can all be wrong, the difference being some of us aren''t scared to admit it.[/quote]

[/quote]

"Practise" seems to suggest he will have a grand finale.

Proposing the dismantlement of the club itself?

[quote user="BWs Cat"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote] "Practise" seems to suggest he will have a grand finale. Proposing the dismantlement of the club itself?[/quote]

Ah, the self appointed pussy choking on a hairball time again.

Choking on a hairball?

More like choking on my own laughter.

When''s your next thread going to be dear Wizzy? Tell you what, since you''ve been working so hard why don''t I pop the kettle on and you just sit down and get jabbing away at that keyboard.

Try not to crack a rib like last time.