Sign in to follow this  
Eastons Canaries

Away Travel

Anybody ever done that? It''s a thankless task but worth it for a big game. I organised a coach for the cup semi against Everton at Villa Park. We had a great time but the organiser has a lot of responsibility. I think, on balance, I''d rather go on the club bus. But good luck anyway.

We always drive to away games, that way we can stop for food where we like (that''s not overly expensive) and we can have a fag when we like.

[quote user="PAUL"]We always drive to away games, that way we can stop for food where we like (that''s not overly expensive) and we can have a fag when we like.[/quote]

[quote user="Eastons Canaries"]We have been running an away coach for the last 3 seasons. We use Eastons Coaches[/quote]

Serious questions.

Do you use Easton''s drivers then, or do you have an arrangement for your own (insurance etc)?

Where do you pick up/leave from etc

We use Eastons drivers and pick up at the Firs and Notcutts Garden Centre where they have a key to the gate so can park free of charge all day, can arrange pick up en route if not in Norwich

[quote user="Eastons Canaries"]We are going to Newcastle, Villa, West Brom, West Ham and Reading[/quote]

Some contact details like phone No. and e-mail would be handy and i am sure you will get some takers.[Y]

Now then, without wanting to sound like the forum policeman, old Bor was reading Nutty Nigel''s earlier posts about the code of conduct and that says that:

Code of conduct

1. Do not advertise products or services on the message boards. Any advertising without permission will be removed.

So if you''re called Eastons Canaries and you use Eastons Coaches, a reasonable man might suggest that this is a business venture dressed up as something else.  Now you''re lucky because I''m not reasonable, but I''m sure you can see why old Bor is confused here.  Is that just coincidence, do you think?

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]

Now then, without wanting to sound like the forum policeman, old Bor was reading Nutty Nigel''s earlier posts about the code of conduct and that says that:

Code of conduct

1. Do not advertise products or services on the message boards. Any advertising without permission will be removed.

So if you''re called Eastons Canaries and you use Eastons Coaches, a reasonable man might suggest that this is a business venture dressed up as something else.  Now you''re lucky because I''m not reasonable, but I''m sure you can see why old Bor is confused here.  Is that just coincidence, do you think?

[/quote][IMG]http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu276/Canary2345/futurama-fry-meme-generator-not-sure-if-real-or-seeking-attention-0ee4f0.jpg[/IMG]

I never have understood why there is negativity towards Club Cabbage, perhaps someone can explain? As a bit of a "one-off" I actually travelled with them to the Tottenham game and found the service excellent, price reasonable and fans travelling with them exceptionally well behaved. 

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]

Code of conduct

[/quote]

But sounding exactly like a forum policeman.

No ha''penney needed for my thoughts, you can have this for free - if you''re not wanting to sound like police then guess you''re sounding like a grass.

I''m not sure how situations like this work, but as this thread has been up for over 24 hours now, presumably at least one person with the power to remove it would have read it by now? Can we therefore assume that as it hasn''t been removed, it doesn''t contravene the Code?

I think people here are forgetting the key unwritten rule.

"Common sense prevails"

The guy is just asking if anyone wants to go on an away coach...give him a rest eh bor?

Whenever I go to an away game I always use Club Canary.It''s not bad most of the time but the worst time definitely has to be when I went up to Celtic Park this pre season... The length of time didnt help and neither did the screeching kids and women on the back of the coach...

I try and avoid cabbage as much as possible, used it for Fulham away this season simply because the girlfriend refused to get a train when we could get free travel. Well pretty certain that was the hottest day of the year and these coaches don''t have air con, by the time we arrived at Fulham my back was drenched in sweat and i felt sick, they always tend to break down as well, one broke down on the m25 on the way back on the same day and the one i was on last season going to wolves only made it as far as Thetford. Makes it worse when you get the 13 year olds at the back "creating an atmosphere"