Sign in to follow this  
NMTD

All time greatest 'mentals' by a goalscorer

What a celebration it was by Holt after scoring on Saturday - fantastic!

I haven''t seen such a good ''mental'' by a player since the days of Keith Bertchin (who used to do about three laps of the pitch after every goal) and Wayne ''Bertie'' Biggins who always used to give it the max.

Anyone else got any fave player celebrations?

My fave that springs to mind is not a City player , but Ketsbia (apologies for spelling) at Newcastle who after scoring set to work on the advertising hoardings behind the goal with his fists and boots, wearing a psychopathic grimace like Jack Nicholson in The Shining.

Dread to think what would have happened if he missed...

How about Teddy Mac hanging on the inside of the net after scoring against his old club West Ham after they had slagged him off before the game!!
Ooooops am I showing my age!!

So long as it''s just your age you are showing you should be ok. lol
Can remember the net hanging celebration very well......oddly, at the time, it seemed perfect.

Ah yes forgot about MacD - too long ago but I was there!

If we''re going back that far how about Stringer in the Palace game that kept us in Div 1 - I was half way up the steps to the TV gantry in the old South Stand as I was only a nipper back then and it was the only place I could get where I could actually see the match.

Keith ''sick note'' O''Neil, on a cold wet night at Grimsby, he scored and then decided to join the city fans behind the goal in celebration, he got booked for it if I recall correctly.

By favorite was Flecky (2nd stint) When he jumped over the boards and took a seat in row A of the barcley, a couple of seats away from me!! Come to think of it i''m not even sure he scored!

gotta have loved a rather pumped up Henry a few weeks ago scoring/ absolutely slamming in that penalty against boro. ol'' Millsy kinda looked a bit stupid after that.....

& who can forget Stuart Pearce tucking the penalty for england away a couple of years after so famously missing?

I know i''m straying off the theme of mentals, but I can still remember Mike Miligan making a prat out of himself in celebration. He didn''t score, but somebody did at the River End and there was a big bundle on the goal scorer. With a huge heap of players on the floor, Miligan promptly dived OVER the crowd, landing a in a sprawled heap a couple of feet from the other players. To this day I can''t tel if he did it deliberately!