Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for The Academy with the Pink un Pickers

International weekend worked out perfectly. It''s great when a plan comes together[Y] Scooby came good for us and got it all done and dusted by Friday night so that as well as presenting the Academy with the cheque from last season I could tell Ricky that we were already accumulating next years cheque.

I had a great day yesterday thanks to John Landamore. He picked me up and took me to Colney, even took a chair for me so this poor old boy could sit down to watch the match[sn] Was a great game of football which Neil Adams and Grant Holt''s under 18s won 1-0. We certainly have some talented youngsters playing for our academy sides. One young man in particular looks destined to be a real star of the future and I''m sure he''ll play for the first team in seasons to come. At half time we presented our Rays Funds cheque to Ricky Martin who had already taken time out to make me and the PUPs feel very welcome. Ricky''s going to let me know what our contribution will actually pay for and as soon as he tells me I''ll tell you. I can tell you PUPs that even though there''s now millions financing the academy our donation is welcome and very much appreciated. Here''s some pictures from the day taken by our great friend John Landamore. Two of our top PUPs Hissing Sid and ChelleCity (Ian and Chelle) presented the cheque on our behalf. The only sad bit of the day was that I found myself wishing Ray could have been there to see these youngsters that Rays Funds had helped develop.The link will take you to the FONCY web site where these pictures are already up for all to see. I really hope that web site remains and I think there''s every intention to keep it.

http://foncy.co.uk/cms/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=151:080912-norwich-city-n18s-1-reading-u18s-0&catid=38:matchreportsu18&Itemid=57

Before he took me home John Landamore gave me £20 to sponsor two weeks of Rays Funds. The guy is an absolute star and I am lucky to have met so many good people through our threads.

I''ll be back later with our stats for the week.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Great stuff Nutty. Believe it or not, it makes a distant old recluse like myself feel that I''m still part of something.

[/quote]

Well you most certainly are Yankee. And very much appreciated by Ricky Martin and all at the Academy.

Late pick for me this week and it''s going to have to be:-

Crawley vs Portsmouth - home win

The cast is great Drinks but it wasn''t all plain sailing....

As you might expect the N&N has a large contingent of Canary fans. Especially the Orthopedic Dept. But as in all communities it has been infriltrated by a few binners. In fact the whole place could do with a City1st style audit[;)] Anyway, there is apparently one such infriltrator in the plaster room itself. However I didn''t meet him. I met a City fan with  wicked streak. He produced the materials with which to create a blue and white cast. Now these plaster room guys are big fellas and being confined to a hospital bed it''s not possible to run away. Luckily he didn''t see it through...

Thanks again Scooby. I don''t need to ask if you enjoyed you r week. And a brilliant effort by all you PUPs this week to support Scooby get our first win. 40 of the 55 pickers were correct (73%) and between us we gave Scooby 30 selections of which 20 won (67%) .

There are still 18 of you with 4-4 100%. But what may not be noticed is that the 18 gave 8 different selections. Now that''s quality[Y]

Here is the latest PUPs league showing those with at least 50% correct from at least 50% available weeks : -

Beauseant44100%
Bore Bore Bor44100%
Fonejacker44100%
Hissing Sid44100%
Hughesy44100%
Jed Exodus44100%
Lappinitup44100%
Leedscanary44100%
Mister Chops44100%
Mr. Bump44100%
NCFCStar44100%
Newcastle Uni Canary44100%
Newyorkcanary44100%
Norfolkbroadslim44100%
Scooby44100%
Statto44100%
Swindon44100%
Yankee Canary44100%
CDMullins33100%
Cityangel33100%
Mandie Moo''s Mear Kat 33100%
Davo22100%
gregt22100%
Meth Canary22100%
Sports Desk Pete22100%
Wings Of A Sparrow22100%
Boyo3475%
City-Til-I-Die3475%
Dogger3475%
Excited Canary3475%
Ginger Pele3475%
Graham Humphrey3475%
Herman3475%
Inch High3475%
PurpleCanary 3475%
Snake-eyes3475%
The Great Drinkell3475%
Til 10103475%
Trent Canary3475%
Vindo3475%
Jellytot2367%
1st Wazzock2450%
Brendo2450%
Cosmic Twin2450%
Gareth2450%
GMF2450%
Kathy2450%
Norfolkchance12450%
nutty nigel2450%
NWC2450%
Rob Sims1250%
Twidio1250%

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

The Great Drinkell   3  4  75%[/quote]

Oh noo! Early lead! [:P] If only I pick Orient !!

I am a Banana 0  4  0%

[/quote]

I guess the topic at your tea table tonight will be about the league being upside down....