Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for The Academy with the Pink un Pickers

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week 4 of Rays Funds. This week we have Scooby in charge and making the final selections. Scooby’s name is proudly listed on Ray’s signature signifying his previous success making the final selections. Scooby also had a win in the World Cup selections in 2010. This weekend is international weekend so we have different fixtures to consider. However there’s no requirement to select from the international fixtures as there’s also games in the lower leagues. Don’t forget for your selection to be considered it must be a game from this weekend’s fixtures and be listed on the Bet365 web site.

Scooby is going to pick the final six early this weekend so that we can take advantage of the Friday evening international fixtures. So to help him out we should all make an effort to get our selections in before Friday lunchtime.

Just a reminder about our presentation at Colney on Saturday. The Reading game kicks off at 1pm and we will make our presentation at around 12:45. I hope some of you can make it.

So now Ill hand the thread over to Scooby. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get x3 by your name in the Rays Funds Hall of Fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs... Take it away Scooby ... the free bet is yours....... [:)]...

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,4,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,3, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,2, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,2, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup, Statto, yes Norfolkchance1 £1655 for the Academy,so far.

Good afternoon Nutty,very good luck to you Scooby and in fact to all you other PUPs out there.

Now then it''s a Friday night World Cup qualifier for me and a HOME WIN for GERMANY v Faroe Islands.

I''m probably being dim (or more likely missing a sticky thread somewhere), but could someone let me know how this all works?  can anyone suggest a bet?  are safe bets (like TIL''s above) the way to go or are you looking for longer odds results?  I''d like to get involved but not sure how it all fits together.  Thanks in advance!

jb

Basically you just have a pick a fixture from the upcoming weekends games, what ever you like. Odds don''t matter, as long as the fixture is available on the site Nutty uses to place the bet its fine.

You post that selection in this thread, and the final picker selects his chosen six from all the suggestions posts them up and Nutty puts on the bet.

Thanks GP - sounds simple enough!

i''ll go for Swindon v Leyton Orient in League1 - HOME WIN.

Thanks GP from me too and welcome jb. I''m sure Scooby will appreciate your help this weekend and I hope you come back to help us every week.

For anyone else who may be reading this and wondering what its all about Ill explain. Many of you probably notice these threads and assume it''s not for you. Nothing could be further from the truth. Us PUPs are not an exclusive club. Anyone can take part, it''s free to join in and the only requirement is to post a selection on each weeks thread.

Here is a brief run through for anyone who may be interested :-

The Pink Un Message Board''s Rays Funds For The Academy Thread: -

These threads were set up by my good friend Ray Ducker (Arrdee) to raise money for the Academy. Theres a new thread every week where Pink Un Pickers (PUPs) from all over the world unite to try and get a winning line of six correct results from the weekends football fixtures.

How It Works : -

Every Wednesday during the season I start the new weeks thread. The ''Pink Un Pickers'' (PUPs) then select their ''nap bet'' for the weekends football fixtures that are listed on Bet365. On the Friday evening the nominated picker from our PUPs rota selects 6 results from the weeks picks. I then place the bet and post the bet and the odds on here by the Saturday lunchtime. The PUPs rota is made up of the previous seasons top 40.

This used to be sponsored but for the first time last season it was financed by the PUPs themselves. However there is no requirement to pay to play. Those of us who are in a position to stump up a tenner will fund it.

Have we won? : -

So far there have been 32 winning weeks and the World Cup win in which we have won £1655 for the academy. There have been plenty of near misses too and the ''Pink Un Pickers'' have had a lot of fun trying.

Want To Take Part? : -

Just register with the Pink Un Message Board and post your very best selection on the thread. It''s as simple as that.

Friday night World Cup game for me...

Holland vs Turkey - Home Win

Best of luck Scooby, and all you PUPs.

PS - Will hopefully be at Colney Saturday with a crisp tenner for you Nutty

ARGENTINA V Paraguay       HOME WIN.

3-1-1 +7          v        1-1-3     -5.

Good luck Scooby and all PUPs[Y]

After a terrible start (0/3) I hope I''ve found a banker in the World Cup on Friday...

Luxembourg v Portugal - Away Win

Good luck Scooby

Welsh Premier League for me please where I expect North Wales'' finest, TNS to be too strong at home for their southern opponents Llanelli.The New Saints are flying as usual in this league with 3 wins out of 3 including a 4-1 home win against a decent Prestatyn team last time out.Llanelli are having an average start to the season with a win, a draw and aloss in that order. Their last game was a 3-0 loss away at my nearest team the mighty Connah''s Quay Nomads, (who are not particularly good), so it doesn''t bode well for another long trip north for Llanelli against this league''s "Barcelona".Also its being played a bit later in the day - I don''t know why. Maybe Saints are trying to scare their opponents with floodlights!!!So to confirm, TNS Vs Llanelli, home win.

Greetings all you lovely pickers, and thank you Nutty.
Bit of an odd one to be picking for this weekend, it appears to be internationals or lower leagues unless someone can come up with other distant games to help me out.  There are of course the obvious ones to go for, some of which have been suggested already, and on the face of it it seems like possibly a good week to get our first 6 of the season but at a very low profit.  So there is my conundrum.  Play safe to get a first win of the season under our belt and a few pennies for the youth, or aim big and try for more?
Keep those selections coming in please guys and girls and help me make up my mind.  Don''t forget, as Nutty pointed out, that I will be making my selections early this week to take advantage of the Friday night internationals.
Pick away pickers [:D]

newcastle uni canary: Glenavon V Crusaders AWAY WINplease good luck all

Sorry made my selection at work so didn''t check bet365 and now can''t find it. Can i have Ecuador to beat Bolivia instead.

to confirm

Ecuador vs Bolivia - Home win

[quote user="Scooby"]Greetings all you lovely pickers, and thank you Nutty.
Bit of an odd one to be picking for this weekend, it appears to be internationals or lower leagues unless someone can come up with other distant games to help me out.  There are of course the obvious ones to go for, some of which have been suggested already, and on the face of it it seems like possibly a good week to get our first 6 of the season but at a very low profit.  So there is my conundrum.  Play safe to get a first win of the season under our belt and a few pennies for the youth, or aim big and try for more?
Keep those selections coming in please guys and girls and help me make up my mind.  Don''t forget, as Nutty pointed out, that I will be making my selections early this week to take advantage of the Friday night internationals.
Pick away pickers [:D]
[/quote]I went for safety last week and it didn''t work, but good luck anyway.!!

I''ll be going for Hyde v Hereford Away win.

Hyde were promoted to the conference last season, currently have two points from seven games and are rooted to the bottom of the division. Where as, Hereford have picked up 13 points and are in 6th place. Odds are pretty reasonable, too, at 1/1 for a Hereford win.

Good luck Scooby and all PUPS.

Good luck Scooby!!!Some great selections so far this week, and I''d like to add one from South American World Cup Qualifying group.ARGENTINA v Paraguay - HOME WIN @ 1/3(this one is being played at 00.10 on Saturday morning 8/9/12)Great chance for the first winning week this week!Leedscanary

Conference Premier for me this week:

NEWPORT  -v-  Stockport     HOME WIN

Good Luck Scooby and all you Luvverly, Jubberly PUPs[:D]

*NN - I''m only 1 from 3Thanks.

Some good looking games out there as per any international weekend, but will take a bit of a gamble in Norway with FC Start to beat Tromsdalen.Start are top of the league, 8/1/1 at home. Tromsdalen are newly promoted, lower mid-table, and 2/1/7 away.Start won the reverse fixture 1-2, so this is by no means a cert, but they should have enough to claim the win.Best of luck Scooby.