Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

Spurs – Norwich Morrison Penalty Shout

Just looking back on our penalty appeal, Assou-Ekotto almost dragged the shirt off  Morrison’s back.With so much shirt pulling going on, some teams have opted very tight fitting shirts eg Fulham. but would it not be to our advantage if he actually pulled the shirt off his back? Maybe we should make our shirts of a material that easily tears apart.

The England Rugby team did this a few years ago - the replicas were made of a standard material but the ones they wore in games were easy tear which highlighted the particular issues in scrums. It lasted for the season but was then dropped - don''t know why.

Would it really be cheating, or it just the other side of the coin to having an extra tight fitting shirt? Isn''t it just trying to highlight something that in some cases is so bleedingly obvious, you can''t understand why the officials missed it?

I would not want my beloved club to sink to such a level

It is below us

I do not want cheating to prosper at our fair club

Just have some with very loose stitching.That way they can tear easily at the seams,and still be used again.

was it cameroon who went the other way and had shirts designed to be skin tight and from a material ultra difficult to pull / hold on and/or no sleeves? I think they were outlawed by FIFA within a season... makes you wonder who''s side they are on really - the cheats perhaps?

BW who would be cheating, the club whose shirts were pulled and tugged or the players who are tugging and pulling shirts without being penalised?

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]BW who would be cheating, the club whose shirts were pulled and tugged or the players who are tugging and pulling shirts without being penalised?[/quote]

Both

"You are an idiot"

Well, good evening to you too. How dare I disagree with your opinion.

I believe that in my opinion that having an easy tearing shirt is cheating, I may as well have a ball that is super light and easy to kick now shouldn''t I.

A player tugs a shirt, not a piece of cloth.

Balls all have to be a regulation size, weight and pressure, That is a law of the game. Pulling shirts is a foul, that is a law of the game. Anything that helps referees to see this, but goodness only knows how they can be so blind, surely must be beneficial.

Technology could help referees judge if a shirt has been pulled or not.

Sadly FIFA are too slow and will not let the game advance.

Changing the shirts endurance will not do any good

may as well have a ball that is super light and easy to kick now shouldn''t I. 

Not according to the rules of the game.

But there is no mention of fabric.

would a super light ball not be super light for everybody??also a right bugger to kick where you''d want it, as anyone who has ever kicked one of those bloomin'' plastic contraptions knows.

sorry, also how is something (that isn''t illegal) that indicates something that is illegal..cheating.i don''t think it would happen, but that doesn''t mean there is anything wrong with the idea.

[quote user="sgncfc"]The England Rugby team did this a few years ago - the replicas were made of a standard material but the ones they wore in games were easy tear which highlighted the particular issues in scrums. It lasted for the season but was then dropped - don''t know why.[/quote]
Absolute b0ll0cks!!!  How do you think this crap up?

[quote user="BW''s Cat" Technology could help referees judge if a shirt has been pulled or not.

Sadly FIFA are too slow and will not let the game advance.

Changing the shirts endurance will not do any good quote]
How is technology going to help (perhaps have the players dip their hands in luminous paint before the game).  The officials all see it, they all know it goes on and yet they choose do do nothing. If they did?? Penalties or free kicks at every corner.  And I fail to see how having a shirt that tears easily is cheating.  A bit stupid really, but cheating, no.

Yes - penalties and free kicks at every corner .......... until the players (and the managers) realise that is happening and then, all at once, players would stop holding and pulling shirts!

There''s only one thing needed .......... referees with some balls.

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="sgncfc"]The England Rugby team did this a few years ago - the replicas were made of a standard material but the ones they wore in games were easy tear which highlighted the particular issues in scrums. It lasted for the season but was then dropped - don''t know why.[/quote]

Absolute b0ll0cks!!!  How do you think this crap up?

[/quote]

Not that I really give a flying fig what an ignorant moron like you thinks of my posts but you might like to take a look at this article from the Guardian during the 2003 Rugby World Cup. http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2003/oct/20/sciencenews.rugbyworldcup2003 If you google Nike ripstop fabric you will also see a number of interviews with Clive Woodward and others about the shirts. You will also see articles confirming that the ripstop material was not used in the replica shirts at the time because it was too expensive.

Should you wish at any time to extract your foot from your enormous mouth and come up with an apology I will happily accept it, although I suspect that someone of your limited intellect will struggle. I could go on about how it is insulting knobheads like you who destroy this messageboard but that too will probably be a waste of time.

As has been said, fabric is not a rule. If our strikers and attacking midfield had tearaway material, it might be a little harder for refs to ignore such blatant infractions against us when the defender is left standing there with a fist full of Norwich jersey. You know they''re going to call that penalty against us when we''re playing the glamour teams, so we should counter that with these special shirts for a few select players when we play them.