Sign in to follow this  
Darlo dumplin’

Our lucks changing - we're staying up

Yep, after weeks of analysing the percentage by which we need to score more, let in less, increase the points per game, compare the remaining fixtures with everyone else in the bottom half of the table, convince myself that every next game is a must win or else, agonise over Worthy out, and even Delia out in recent days  and generally become depressingly convinced that we''ve turned into the football equivalent of one-hit wonders, I really think our luck is about to change. Lets face it the fixture computer (is it really a machine?) dealt us a really poor hand with a set of fixtures that was destined to have the media crowing about how many games it will be before poor old Norwich muster a win.

But now a sudden rush of optimism, Newcastle go 3-1 up in their first UEFA leg away, great, lets hope they go through and also beat Spurs in the FA cup on Sunday, it will turn their season into something to focus on when the league is no longer worth bothering about. Thierry Henry out for 3 weeks? must give us a chance of something from Highbury, especially with only the FA cup realistically left for them.

On top of that, Helveg back, Charlton in the back 4, clean sheets from now till the end of the season, Bolton is winable, we did it once already, all thats left is a win against Palace and Southampton, and an Ashton hat trick at Fulham and we''re there! Ok maybe it''s a dream but we''re due a bit of luck - Worthy says these things even themsleves out, and he''s usually right (?), we CAN do it!

Sorry, maybe I just over-reacted to some smug hammers fan saying I told you so.

Yes, we can still stay up. Six points isn''t alot and if we beat Palace and Southampton then suddenly things will begin to look very very different.

Unfortunately if we can throw away a two goal lead in a must win game at home to a mid-table club with nothing to play for then there''s only direction we''re going.

Your optimism is admired but I think we need more than luck now

You can''t expect to win 3 games all season and then come good now.  If we do, then you will find no-one happier than me

Come on you Yellows!

Im sorry but even if we do get results it does not mean Palace and Soton are going to stop winning. I think the 6 point gap is enough for Palace and there main worry will be soton catching them.

Of course we are in the worst position of any side inthe division at the moment, the league doesn''t llie(!), but over 9 games things can change hugely.  Whilst we do need a very dramtatic change in fortune, there is still all to play for!!

I can''t see it happening, be great if it did but nothing suggests that we''re suddenly going to improve. If bookies gave odds on us conceding from a set peice against Bolton then I''d out money on it. Before the Man City game we had two weeks to work on things and nothing changed and the two week break we''ve got down will probably yield no more improvement.

I''m now looking forward to next season when hopefully we can get 2-3 quality young players in and really play with brazilian flair and return to the big league in triumphant fashion

[quote]Now see what I mean? Bolton get Diouf sent off so presumably now misses our game next week![/quote]

Depends how you look at it!! More like bad luck I think Darlo.

I was hoping Diouff would wait and get sent off against us!!!!!!!!!

Ah well, we can''t have everything. Let''s stay positive. To stay up is far from impossible yet.

OTBC.