Sign in to follow this  
smooth

International break is so annoying

The Pinkun has a story of pilkys puncture, we have to wait another week for a game.

I wish the club could arrange a match for those fringe players for these weeks, a reserve game on a Saturday, so players can get a game in.

I am not going to start the club country debate again as we have discussed it before. But these dead wks are going to happen, but please look into a game at carrow road for young fans, our players and revenue

I agree this international week is very dull particularly after the energy and dynamism of the Spurs game. For all sky''s faults I do also love chilling out in front of Super Sunday too.

I saw that Fulham were involved in a friendly with players not on international duty the other day. It would''ve been sensible for Norwich to have done the same to keep up match fitness at least.

It doesn''t help when the standard and credibility of international football over the fortnight is really poor.  England vs Moldova was about as pointless as it gets.

Why was it pointless Pyro?

It was a World Cup qualifier, England against a team that held Holland to 1-0 victories in both their games in the Euro qualifiers.

I''m not that bothered about International football, but the thing about the international break I find most annoying, is everyone moaning about it...

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Why was it pointless Pyro?

It was a World Cup qualifier, England against a team that held Holland to 1-0 victories in both their games in the Euro qualifiers.

I''m not that bothered about International football, but the thing about the international break I find most annoying, is everyone moaning about it...[/quote]

Rule 1 of the international break. You must not talk about the international break.

It wasn''t pointless to the Moldovans Pyro as, billed as their biggest ever game, it sold out instantly and all who saw noticed  the crowds watching from the crowded windows of the surrounding flats. The whole Nation briefly stood still, apparently and their support never relented.

Not too much for us I agree, but big for an emerging nation.

Why do they have these games in pairs? If they were held singularly they could be played on a Tuesday or Wednesday night and then be treated like domestic cup games, or any other mid-week game and need not impact upon the week-end league fixtures.

Perhaps I missing something here. 

I thought England did well and it was a decent exercise. Moldova are not a particularly strong side but as GP pointed out a very good Dutch side struggled to break them down in both games. I thought England would good in possession and sliced through them at will during the first half.

I was pleased with the emphasis placed on controlling the midfield as well. Of course it should happen against Moldova but I have seen a lot of lesser sides actually have more than their fair share of possession against England in the past. So if this is the start of clear plan to play a system more suited to the international stage it was a step in the right direction.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

It wasn''t pointless to the Moldovans Pyro as, billed as their biggest ever game, it sold out instantly and all who saw noticed  the crowds watching from the crowded windows of the surrounding flats. The whole Nation briefly stood still, apparently and their support never relented.

Not too much for us I agree, but big for an emerging nation.

Why do they have these games in pairs? If they were held singularly they could be played on a Tuesday or Wednesday night and then be treated like domestic cup games, or any other mid-week game and need not impact upon the week-end league fixtures.

[/quote]......i''m sure it is so that they can have several days training together to get used to each others play and the managers tactics.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]Would very tough on players who aren''t European - consider Jackson who has to play in Panama tonight, would be incredibly hard on his body to fly out there, play a game and then fly back in time for the weekend again. It won''t be easy on him in the current system but at least he gets a little extra rest before and after the game.Also by only playing one game at a time players would have to leave their clubs twice as often - which would mean fitting in internationals around European games and domestic cups would be impossibly hard. This way it means that Norwich, or any other team in the top leagues don''t have to miss club game for International football.