Sign in to follow this  
chiropracticcanary

Best season

lets hypothetically say we stay up this year and finish between 12 and 15 in the league...

what would you say is our most successful season

winning league 1,

finishing runner up in championship,

last year in Prem,

or staying up this year.

Of course they are all fantastic achievements but I was most impressed in getting out the championship on first attempt...

The 92-93 season.We were outstanding for the vast majority of it, but just couldn''t hold it together over the last few months.An excellent 3rd place from one of our finest ever teams which then lead to the great UEFA cup run and defeat of the ''mighty'' Bayern Munich.Easily the best years I had as a fan and boy do I miss that kit...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]The 92-93 season.

We were outstanding for the vast majority of it, but just couldn''t hold it together over the last few months.

An excellent 3rd place from one of our finest ever teams which then lead to the great UEFA cup run and defeat of the ''mighty'' Bayern Munich.

Easily the best years I had as a fan and boy do I miss that kit...
[/quote]

Totally agree, Some of the best football i''ve ever seen at a time when a team our size put together in the right way could compete to actually win at the very top rather than just hope for a mid table finish. I struggle with the concept in sport of a midtable finish being a super season even though i appreciate in the modern game it''s a huge achievement for us.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]The 92-93 season.

We were outstanding for the vast majority of it, but just couldn''t hold it together over the last few months.

An excellent 3rd place from one of our finest ever teams which then lead to the great UEFA cup run and defeat of the ''mighty'' Bayern Munich.

Easily the best years I had as a fan and boy do I miss that kit...
[/quote]

Agreed, it was a great season I was lucky enough to go to every game home and away, something I have never managed again. They were heady days when we were capable of beating any team,except Blackburn who beat us 7 1! What made it better though it came completely out of the blue as the season before we were nearly relegated! If we hadn''t drawn with Wimbledon 1 1 we would have been.

I dont think it''ll ever happen again unfortunately.

I thought the 1988/89 season was better. I thought we played better football and were more solid. Reckon if Chris Sutton had been about that season we''d have won the double.

To actually answer the OP, I''d say staying up this year would have to be the most successful of those four seasons. Stronger league than last year with a lot of money being thrown around (even by promoted sides) and a change of manager could all lead to a struggle. However I think the right appointment was made for the club and we''ve already seen some promising signs of things to come...

For the club it has to be to stay up this season! The financial reward is huge.

1985, milk cup win and knocking out the scum in the semi is nothing short of perfect, great final against a well supported Sunderland side. Wembley and a good day out is set in my mind.

Then I have to agree 93 season finishing 3rd was a hell of a season too.

The trouble is we have a new generation of supporter who were not lucky enough to have experienced those days and think this past 4 years are all we are about! There has been some major pain too inbetween the good times.

Love how the OP was "what was your best season from league one season to now" and you all go

"mah favourite season was the season of 1864" lol

Missed the point entirely.

92-93 season no doubt about it, nearly saw every game ... I''ll never forget the 5-1 win at Everton... they just did not know what hit them!!!

[quote user="Steady On..."]Love how the OP was "what was your best season from league one season to now" and you all go "mah favourite season was the season of 1864" lol Missed the point entirely.[/quote]

If only the OP actually had limited the choice in that way. Actually 1864 was pretty rubbish. Now 1789, that was a corker.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Steady On..."]Love how the OP was "what was your best season from league one season to now" and you all go "mah favourite season was the season of 1864" lol Missed the point entirely.[/quote]

If only the OP actually had limited the choice in that way. Actually 1864 was pretty rubbish. Now 1789, that was a corker.

[/quote]

Actually 1933/34 is a contender for best ever season. We won the league by 7 clear points taking us into the 2nd tier for the first time. It didn''t last though. And with no real investment (we missed an opportunity to get Fanny Craddock on board) we soon found ourselves back in the 3rd tier[:''(]

[quote user="Steady On..."]Um... Apart from the fact he did limit it...[/quote]Apart from the fact that he didn''t.The OP asked "What would you say is our most succesful season", and then gave 4 examples and stated their own preference from those examples.The question asked does not limit answers to the 4 examples the OP gave, as that would require the question to have been something like:"Out of these 4 options, which would you say is our most succesful season?"The OP may well have intended for any answers to be limited to those listed examples, but without saying that specifically, there''s no grounds for complaint when receiving answers outside of those examples.Besides which the OP doesn''t seem to have a problem with the answers we''ve all given, so not sure why you''re nitpicking unnecessarily about it?

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Steady On..."]Um... Apart from the fact he did limit it...[/quote]
Apart from the fact that he didn''t.

The OP asked "What would you say is our most succesful season", and then gave 4 examples and stated their own preference from those examples.

The question asked does not limit answers to the 4 examples the OP gave, as that would require the question to have been something like:
"Out of these 4 options, which would you say is our most succesful season?"

The OP may well have intended for any answers to be limited to those listed examples, but without saying that specifically, there''s no grounds for complaint when receiving answers outside of those examples.

Besides which the OP doesn''t seem to have a problem with the answers we''ve all given, so not sure why you''re nitpicking unnecessarily about it?
[/quote]

Thank God that''s been cleared up....

So which seasons can we choose from?

[quote user="Steady On..."]You''ve clearly been done. Try and read the question next time jeez...[/quote]I see you''re in full Troll mode again, maybe if you could:A) Be bothered to read properlyB) Have the ability to understand what you were readingC) Post coherent counter-arguments to others opinionsThen you''d get a bit more leeway, but for now - get back under your bridge...

My point is when the question is clearly what is the biggest achievement for norwich city

2009/2010 - league one season promotion

2010/2011 - championship season promotion

2011/2012 - premier league year one

2012/2013 - potential second year in prem

Only the pinkun boys. ONLY the pinkun boys could reply with

"1992/1993"

Just makes me laugh haha!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

1864, 1789 & 1934.

I think...

[/quote]

It has to be 1789, nutty, if only because of the massive influence of that good old Norfolk boy, Tom Paine.

It''s very hard to pick out of the those as they all depend on each other to happen, like a domino effect.

i.e. what we done in league one was carried on into the championship, and subsequently to where we are now.

There''s a part of me that would pick the league one win, i had massive fears that we were about to fold as a club at the start of the season... Then ''that'' match, and i never want to feel that low about Norwich again.

Watching us rise from the near-ashes was amazing! And it was an eye opener to lower league football.

However, all the last minute goals in the championship season - wow! What a ride. For me this is our best season from the list... i think! :)

With, League one second, and premiership last for me.

However, as silly as it sounds, If we were at the bottom end of the prem last season and rescued it at the end, then i would probably say that was our best achievement. I suppose drama comes into how you perceive things?

Mid table, as great as it is, doesn''t really get me too excited i''m afraid to say.

Aw man.. what a tough question! I fell bad for not going for the prem season now, as statistically that''s our best achievement. :)

[quote user="Victor Segura and the Yellow Cards"][quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Ozbarclay"]Yep  3rd in the Premier... awesome season
[/quote]

And a Delia free zone on top of that, double awsome.

[/quote]

Was it a Wiz free zone or did you go to games then?

[/quote]

Every single game bar two..................you?