Sign in to follow this  
thenorthstand

Worth a Pay as you Play or short term deal?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19522021

Any thoughts? Heard a lot about this kid, and though he''s had his problems maybe we should give him a chance to revive his career? He''s only 20 after all and obviously has a lot of talent...

Sounds like he needs to get some games under his belt lower down before we take him on. Maybe if we can get him loaned out straight away.

Baxter? Maybe... i''m pretty sure he almost joined us on loan a couple of years ago...

He''s only 20 - so would be outside of the 25 man squad rule?

But do we really need him, 5 strikers should be enough + our attacking midfielders + youth strikers...

The whole article basically is saying he wants to sign for someone at a lower level so he can get first team football. He turned down a 2 year deal at Everton (suggesting he wants a permanent move not a loan to a lower league club) why would he want to come and sit on our bench at best?. Hats off to the lad though i think he''s making the right decision football wise.

Did you read the article at all? He rejected the offer of a deal at Everton to get out and play first team football. He says that explicitly, why would he come somewhere else where he''d be paid less well to act as cover? Makes no sense at all.

Good on the lad. I hope he gets a contract and does play regularly as it''s the only way he will improve as a player. 
Davo

he certainly seems to have his head screwed on right, not the usual swollen head that comes through the premier system. really hopes he makes it.

Did you read the article at all? He rejected the offer of a deal at Everton to get out and play first team football. He says that explicitly, why would he come somewhere else where he''d be paid less well to act as cover? Makes no sense at all.

Apart from the silly first sentence and the shouty tone, I agree that he is clearly looking for first team football. Otherwise I would be very interested.

One key issue is that he wouldn''t be eligible for selection until Jan due to us having filled our squad quota, and I can''t see the lad wanting to kick around the changing rooms for the next 3-4 months waiting for a competitive match.That is unless we can sign him now, and loan him straight out to a CCC/L1 club until Jan to give him the first team football he wants, and this also gives CH time to assess whether or not he''d be worth including in an updated squad list come the end of Jan.Not sure how the rules work on this one, as I know he can''t be named or play for us, but does that stop us signing him? If not, I''d suggest he''d be a potentially good gamble to take as long as the wages were sensible, but I still think he''s likely to sign for a CCC club instead.

[quote user="PRDH"]Did you read the article at all? He rejected the offer of a deal at Everton to get out and play first team football. He says that explicitly, why would he come somewhere else where he''d be paid less well to act as cover? Makes no sense at all.[/quote]

A) Yes

B) Sorry, wasn''t aware that you knew what he got paid at Everton and would get paid here

C) Sorry, forgot that he''d of course be the first footballer not to do exactly as he said in the media.

D) Sorry, also forgot that of course we have a better squad than Everton so he''d not have any more chance of getting a game.

Why on earth do you feel the need to take such a confrontational tone? I shouldn''t rise to it, but my willpower wasn''t up to scratch.