Sign in to follow this  
Canary Willo

McNally Tweet - new deal for David Fox

don''t know if anyone else just saw, apparently some very good news involving an ''important player''

For me I think it''s either Ruddy playing tonight or a new contract for Wes as Hughton said he wanted Wes to sign a new one when he came in and he only has a year left.

This''ll take Fox through until he''s  30 (31 with the extra year option). Obviously very highly rated as a player by the club, hope to see him in and around the first team soon. No one on the team comes close to him when it comes to passing accuracy and range as well as his composure on the ball.

Good move. Makes him feel settled, if we stay up I would expect us to one more look at another central midfielder next summer. As players will be out of contract or looking for first team football.

Fox is a cracking player, but I do think we can upgrade from him and it is a good signing but not one that will bring fear to any opposition team in the premiership.

At least it would mean if he left it will be for a fee

Great news! Big fan of Foxy, reckon he''s the best value for money signing in my 25 years following the club. What was it he cost? About the same as a bottle of Come wasn''t it?