Sign in to follow this  
Jim of the Fens

This Website

I know this is in the wrong section....... but I have been having problems with this website and the edp one. After a few minutes I lose the internet connection and have to ''restore my previous page''

Anyone else have this problem, or am I just doing something wrong (not a computer expert!!)

Any help would be appreciated.

Yes, I get a very similar problem.

I don''t seem to lose internet however, just the pinkun page freezes, a few seconds later a message pops up saying i need to restore the session, but all other tabs/windows still work perfectly fine.

I find it happens most if i start scrolling down on before the page is fully loaded. If I let the page completely load before touching anything it is fine.

You using firefox? Sounds like it''s crashing and re-opening the session to me, hence the prompt.

Just make sure you have latest version installed (and check java is up to date).

Or try Chrome?

Have recently given up on IE and using firefox.  So far everything working quicker and better.    IE kept freezing the pinkun and other sites too, for no apparent reason and it was happening more and more.  Does not happen with firefox.      Issues with IE8 I am told - add ons etc - perhaps just too complicated for its own good. 

I''m on Explorer 9, which is the bee''s knees imo, but on here,  and here only, it oftens warns ''this site is not responding''............and then promptly fixes the problem.

It regularly freezes for me but I put it down to me being on an old version of Explorer which I am fearful to upgrade as it may cause more problems than it solves as I then have to upgrade a load of other stuff. I just use ''Windows task manager'' to kill the ''Process'' and then I restart IE.

[quote user="paul moy"]It regularly freezes for me but I put it down to me being on an old version of Explorer which I am fearful to upgrade as it may cause more problems than it solves as I then have to upgrade a load of other stuff. I just use ''Windows task manager'' to kill the ''Process'' and then I restart IE.[/quote]

You''ll need Windows 7 or above for Explorer 9 Paul.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="paul moy"]It regularly freezes for me but I put it down to me being on an old version of Explorer which I am fearful to upgrade as it may cause more problems than it solves as I then have to upgrade a load of other stuff. I just use ''Windows task manager'' to kill the ''Process'' and then I restart IE.[/quote]

You''ll need Windows 7 or above for Explorer 9 Paul.

[/quote]

Just checked with ''winver'' search and I''m on Version 6 (Build 6000) with Vista.... I may have to do something soon.. LOL