Sign in to follow this  
canaries

Chelsea Offer

Just seen the information for the chelsea tickets .......... a chelsea ticket gets you £25discount the club shop for a week.

Seems a good plan to sell the rest of the tickets and to gain some more money for the norwich club shop.  

Yeah nice little offer, they obviously needed to commit to the full 3000 allocation so they didn''t have to let anyone who applied down. But £50 tickets must be putting a lot of people off, so £25 off at club shop is a nice gesture to try and convince a few more fans to buy tickets. I''ll probably buy a new replica shirt now.

Mcanlly knows most fans (probably 60% or higher) will already have a replica shirt, so it sets them up to sell a lod of the other tacky t-shirts or training gear.

However, for a non season ticket holder like myself, who hasn''t got the latest shirt (tin hat on ready for the ''loyal supporter abuse) £50 to watch your team away at one of the biggest teams in the country, with £25 to spend on a new shirt seems like a decent deal.

Just also thought, did the club sell the 3000 tickets for Spurs the other week?  They were committed to selling them all, perhaps they didn''t and got lumbered with a bill for 300 or more maybe tickets.  300x40 = 12000.  Well the club might as well get some custom in the shop than flush away money.

I could be completely wrong with an estimate of 300.  Perhaps it was less...  Anyone know what the away attendance was?

To answer the above questions, we sold out the full allocation at Chelsea last season and the same for Spurs last week, there was a waiting list in the last couple of days before the game.

Nice gesture, I''ve already got the home shirt though, particularly wish they''d announced this before I spent £55 on another shirt and printing as a present last week! Not sure I''ll find anything else in the club shop to spend £50+ on

The full allocation. It was upper and lower tier, definitely looked like 3,000 to me, maybe someone who has a home programme from last season can confirm.

[quote user="jed exodous"]

Mcanlly knows most fans (probably 60% or higher) will already have a replica shirt, so it sets them up to sell a lod of the other tacky t-shirts or training gear.

However, for a non season ticket holder like myself, who hasn''t got the latest shirt (tin hat on ready for the ''loyal supporter abuse) £50 to watch your team away at one of the biggest teams in the country, with £25 to spend on a new shirt seems like a decent deal.

[/quote]

Not got the latest shirt Jed ? I''ve been following this outfit for 45 years and I''ve yet to but a shirt, latest or otherwise.

Room for one more in the bunker ? [:D]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="jed exodous"]

[/quote]

Not got the latest shirt Jed ? I''ve been following this outfit for 45 years and I''ve yet to but a shirt, latest or otherwise.

Room for one more in the bunker ? [:D]

[/quote]

45 years Smithy????

Did you support someone else for your first 35 [:^)]

Small print says no match tickets.

Also it can only be used between 6-13th Oct, in person, in Norwich (i.e. not over phone or internet). Not much use if you don''t live in/near Norwich then, given that we don''t have a home game in that period!

It is interesting if we are struggling to sell away tickets thast we sold easily last season. I would say that would be food for thought for the stadium expansionists. I know this is an away game but I believe it''s still relevant. To continually finish 12th would be to continually over achieve and in my opinion it''s the very most we can realistically hope for. The novelty will then rub off as our results become predictable.

It''s arguable but on balance I think top six in the Championship every year produces more excitement.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

It is interesting if we are struggling to sell away tickets thast we sold easily last season. I would say that would be food for thought for the stadium expansionists. I know this is an away game but I believe it''s still relevant. To continually finish 12th would be to continually over achieve and in my opinion it''s the very most we can realistically hope for. The novelty will then rub off as our results become predictable.

It''s arguable but on balance I think top six in the Championship every year produces more excitement.

[/quote]

I tend to agree with this, I think. I didnt go to Fulham (thank the good lord!) but I did go to Spurs and I did see a few empty seats around me, in both the lower and upper tiers. It''ll be interesting to see how many we take to Chelsea in a few weeks and to Vile Park...