Sign in to follow this  
S10 Canary

View/experience in upper Barclay?

Didn''t think i''d be free for the WHU game but turns out I am. Pretty pleased that I managed to get two tickets in row R of the upper Barclay this close to match day but never sat up there before so just wondering what it''s like. Anyone got an insight? I''m leaving Rotherham at 7am to get down there in plenty of time so i''m hoping for an exciting afternoon!

I sat up there at the QPR match - enjoyed it.   Great view.    The noise is more intense up there, probably because you are nearer the roof - more difficult to hear particular chants and where they are coming from - just very noisy.     I too get seats wherever I can and have sat all round the ground.   Prefer the side on view as a rule, but would go upper barclay again.   If your at the top right (near the main stand) listen out for annoying running commentary from a young supporter who thinks he knows it all [:)]. 

Don''t suppose they are seats 63 and 64? If so they are my old season ticket seats, but we''ve moved as my grandad was finding the climb tricky. The atmosphere there was great, you get all the noise from the lower tier plus some of the "locals" are also noisy. Enjoy the game!

Good view the closer you are to the front still pretty good halfway up where I sit.

Leaving Rotherham at 7am, I just hope there''s no accidents you should be ok, what is it 3 and a bit hours?

Thanks guys. Sounds like it''s a decent area to be in. I quite like sitting in different parts of the ground so it''ll be another one ticked off. My seats are on the end of row R, 2&3 if I remember. In terms of the journey, it''s about three and a half hours by train so i''m crossing my fingers there are no delays. I struggle to get to many home games now so i''m quite looking forward to getting back down for this one. Got my ticket for Newcastle A at the same time. Hopefully two great weekends coming up!