Sign in to follow this  
Tj

Best Goal for and against Norwich

As the title suggests, what was the best goal you''ve seen Norwich score, and the best goal scored agains us at a game you were at?

For

The Jerry Goss goal against Liverpool in front of the old kop, still sends shivers down my spine.

Against

Cyril Regis''s goal against us in the 82 FA cup game, I was 11 years old with my Dad, we were almost level with him when he took his shot, still remember my jaw hitting the ground as the ball went in...... totally gutted and impressed at the same time. [:)]

For shear drama, since going from the mid-80''s, the 2 most celebrated goals I have seen for Norwich were Chris Sutton, in the FA Cup Quarter Final against Southampton in 1992, and Simeon Jackson, v Derby in April 2011.  Both were the scrapiest you would see, but both in my eyes are equal best for the shear joy that both brought.  If I had to be pushed between the 2 however, Simeon''s is likely never to be beaten!

Against us, I haven''t seen too many better than Mark Kinsella''s for Charlton, around 1997.  Left footed volley into the top corner from around 30 yards, when Charlton were good!  Not popular, but possibly Suarez''s goal last season at Carrow Road is one of the best as well.

Good thread Tj.

Fashanu''s goal against Liverpool and Regis''s goal in that cup game were both "goal of the season". As I was at both games I reckon that''s my answer. But in truth there have been so many that it''s impossible to have a favourite.

Gossy''s against Leeds 1993 and Gossy''s against Munich!!! "Aumann stood and admired that"

Have to agree with Regis''goal , but I have to admit I try not to remember who scored against us :-)

I prefer teamwork goals. Fleck''s first in the 2-0 win against Man Utd in January 1990. I think eight of the 10 outfield players involved, the ball being ferried from the left-back position to inside-right, at least one backheel, and a wall pass from Townsend to set Fleck free.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Good thread Tj.

Fashanu''s goal against Liverpool and Regis''s goal in that cup game were both "goal of the season". As I was at both games I reckon that''s my answer. But in truth there have been so many that it''s impossible to have a favourite.

[/quote]This + Hucks v Brum [Y]

Already 3 of my favourites listed here with Fashanu, Rosario and Gossy, but I also really like Eadie''s goal against Sunderland in the 97/98 season where he lobbed Perez from about 40 odd yards.Goals against, I remember Henry tormenting the hell out of us near the end of the 04/05 season with a great hat-trick, but I''d probably say Zola''s backheel goal in the cup (01/02), great finish from an outstanding player.

Fave goal is Fashanu''s followed closely by Fleck''s v Man Utd, although I do remember Roger Gibbons scoring a fantatstic last minute volley v Birmingham(?) in the 70''s

Goals against, Patrick Berger free kick for Pompey when last in Prem, also David Speedie lob for Cov in early 80''s both pretty spectacular.

Also, found this on You Tube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XRjUtS2Pbs

Best goal for City I saw was Martin Peters ghosting in,out foxing and out jumping Mervyn Day at the River End to head a very late winner (1-0) through Day''s outstretched hands in a very tense game against West Ham in 75-76 season. The move to the goal was created by 2 other ex Hammers who, If i remember correctly, were Ted MacDougall and Colin Suggett. The goal started trouble in the top tier of the Barclay causing a dangerous surge of fans against the barriers which eventually collapsed and fans spilled onto the pitch, I think 40 or so fans were injured but it was extremely lucky that no-one was killed.Goals against I tend to forget quickly.

I would have to go with Fash against Liverpool. However for the sheer exhiliration it caused at the time, Roberts against Brum in the play off final in Cardiff was pretty special.

I have 2 againsts,  Regis, Pat Nevin in the fa cup semi at Vile park purely because it broke my heart at the time!!

One of my favourite goals was Marc Libra on his debut against Man City at home.

It was just about his first touch where he lifted the ball over his shoulder, turned and then hit it on the volley in to the back of the net (or at least thats my hazy recollection!!)

Really thought it was the start of something special

Was particularly important from a personal level as I was sat in the stands next to my Man City supporting brother!

My favourite goal is probably Drury''s equaliser against Boro in 2005, obviously wasn''t anything special, just a header from a corner. But pulling 3 back in 10 mins, and my all time favourite player scoring a very rare goal, was fantastic. And a close second, perhaps an unexpected entry, Ryan Jarvis vs Liverpool in the same season. Must have been one of his first few games for us, and scored with a decent shot from outside the area, if I am remembering correctly.

Goal against, i''m struggling to think past Suarez last season, don'' want to say him because I really don''t like him.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]If you like "teamwork goals" like I do then this one by Llewellyn (4th goal) is an absolute cracker!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qYekY2YuuoGiallanza, such a shame.[/quote]Good memory NN, an extremely good ''team'' goal which is a classic example of the footballing ethos Norwich became known for.

[quote user="rock bus"]

One of my favourite goals was Marc Libra on his debut against Man City at home.

It was just about his first touch where he lifted the ball over his shoulder, turned and then hit it on the volley in to the back of the net (or at least thats my hazy recollection!!)

Really thought it was the start of something special

Was particularly important from a personal level as I was sat in the stands next to my Man City supporting brother!

[/quote]

I was in the River End with a perfect line of sight to watch that go in, I remember Stuart Pierce literally going psycho right infront of me.

I also remember jumping up and spilling my drink over the woman in front and looking all sweet innocent when my teenage brother in law (at the time) caught the flack as it was his Teacher, damn she gave him a b*llocking [:D]

Happy days [:)]

Surprised no one has mentioned Crofts goal against Barnsley, which was just an unbelievable finish, showcasing some great technique. 
Jackson''s third goal against Derby, whilst a pretty poor goal, provoked a reaction I thought I would never see at Carrow Road.
In terms of goals scored against the only one that I can think of at the moment is Junior Hoilett''s goal when we played Blackburn away last season, that was just an unbelievable goal.

FOR

Hoolahan''s effort v. Leicester is up there

AGAINST

Van Persie''s ''dink'' against us last season at our gaff

Gossy''s glorious effort against Bayern in ''93, or Holt''s goal against Wolves this year at ours (chipping the keeper and then heading it in).
Against us has to be Zola''s flick between the heels at the Bridge (2002 I think?)

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]I remember when Steeno scored an absolute screamer in front of the River-end about 10 years back.

Think it was against Coventry or Wimbledon?
[/quote]

[Y]Coventry i think.

Didn''t Andy Hughes score a similar belter against someone?