Sign in to follow this  
Chesney Hawkes

Administration

A lot of posters seem to be negative and saying that we shouldn''t spend any money in case we got relegated and then went into administration. Or maybe we go into administration first and then get relegated.

Call me optimistic but I don''t see this as a big issue. Yes it would mean that we would lose some money and some of our bigger names would leave but we would just bring in young and hungry players to replace them and they would be better than the ones who left because if they left then they didn''t want to be here in the first place.

We would also be able to try a new manager without all the Premier League baggage, and he could devise his own tactics and playing styles to suit the team and this would also be a good thing.

We might also benefit from lower wages and transfer fees and would not be living beyond our means like many other clubs who are spending too much on high wages and transfer fees.

It would also mean we would be less likely to be owned by a foreign investor and would remain a local club that does things the right way and remains financially prudent having learned our lesson. And all the glory hunters would go back to following Manchester United and we would know then that our club was in good hands.

You may say I''m a dreamer, but I''m not the only one - am I?

PDC

Now then.  Old Bor reckons imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.  Should my instincts be awry however, my second guess would be that you are several sandwiches and a bottle of Pimms short of a picnic.

[quote user="Peak District Canary"]A lot of posters seem to be negative and saying that we shouldn''t spend any money in case we got relegated and then went into administration. Or maybe we go into administration first and then get relegated.

Call me optimistic but I don''t see this as a big issue. Yes it would mean that we would lose some money and some of our bigger names would leave but we would just bring in young and hungry players to replace them and they would be better than the ones who left because if they left then they didn''t want to be here in the first place.

We would also be able to try a new manager without all the Premier League baggage, and he could devise his own tactics and playing styles to suit the team and this would also be a good thing.

We might also benefit from lower wages and transfer fees and would not be living beyond our means like many other clubs who are spending too much on high wages and transfer fees.

It would also mean we would be less likely to be owned by a foreign investor and would remain a local club that does things the right way and remains financially prudent having learned our lesson. And all the glory hunters would go back to following Manchester United and we would know then that our club was in good hands.

You may say I''m a dreamer, but I''m not the only one - am I?

PDC[/quote]

Own up, you are a Binner aren''t you?Check your locks tonight, City 1st and the anti-binnistration team will be calling round quite soon.

[quote user="Kidderminster Canary"]Am I the only one to think Peak District Canary is a nutter/binner or plain stupid[/quote]
Yep, I think it''s a satirical attempt at imitation of Lake District Canary. It''s not very good, or very witty, but I think that''s the intent of the post.

"I think it''s a satirical attempt at imitation of Lake District

Canary. It''s not very good, or very witty, but I think that''s the intent

of the post."

It''s a poor imitation if that is the case.    Peakey needs to go to Lakey''s school of positivity  which  puts a positive slant on things when things are positive,  not turning positive things  into negatives.   

Luckily I need not do any work for this particular binner.

He has exposed himself enough already, now let''s just not take any opinions he expresses.