Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

For those that think......

For those that think we can fill a bigger stadium and therefore need to build a new stand etc - why are there seats still available for the match today, the morning of the match?    If the demand is as great as some say, surely we would sell out well before a premiership  match.     

Could it just be that our ego wants to have a bigger stadium, but in reality the demand would not be there?    Maybe to add just a few seats - say in the corner by the hotel would be enough??

Just a thought.  

I don''t know about today because I haven''t looked as I can''t afford it, but last season even when a game wasn''t sold out, it was incredibly hard to get seats together, which may be putting a lot of people off.

[quote user="lake district canary"]For those that think we can fill a bigger stadium and therefore need to build a new stand etc - why are there seats still available for the match today, the morning of the match?    If the demand is as great as some say, surely we would sell out well before a premiership  match.     

Could it just be that our ego wants to have a bigger stadium, but in reality the demand would not be there?    Maybe to add just a few seats - say in the corner by the hotel would be enough??

Just a thought.  

[/quote]Being on TV may have something to do with it.

There''s only a handful left,and considering it''s early saturday and on Sky is pretty bloody good.

I agree with the OP.

Some people want more seats because they want the club to change but why should the club change anything? It''s clearly perfect just the way it is.

The people running the club are clever people and they know what they are doing.

I get really annoyed when people post ideas on this message board when there are no more improvements that can be made because if there could be improvements then the club would have made improvements.

[quote user="Herman "]There''s only a handful left,and considering it''s early saturday and on Sky is pretty bloody good.[/quote]

I didn''t say it wasn''t good, but TV or not - and don''t forget its online every match - its not sold out.

The club have said repeatedly that they want to add another tier but they won''t do so until we''ve handled the debts and have enough financial confidence to fund the project.

There''s clearly enough demand for extra seats. If we''re not sold out yet, we will be by kick off, and for a Sky game on a lunchtime, that''s not bad.

If we had a further 3,500-5000 seats we may not sell out every time but we''d still get close and the extra income would be a shot in the arm to help compete financially at this level. It''s one of the few tangible ways for a club like ours to draw itself closer to clubs above us in the pecking order, and possibly even overtake one or two.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Herman "]There''s only a handful left,and considering it''s early saturday and on Sky is pretty bloody good.[/quote]

I didn''t say it wasn''t good, but TV or not - and don''t forget its online every match - its not sold out.

[/quote]

Considering the circumstances,kick off time,live etc. and the fact that it is virtually sold out,about 20 seats left,i think it points to the fact that there is still large demand.

There are probably a lot like me that work (or usually work) on saturday mornings,that didn''t bother buying tickets.There are a lot of casual fans that don''t even bother trying for tickets anymore,because by the time they can get onto the ticket website there is only one or two seats dotted about,normally high in the clouds etc. etc.

We could get many more bums on seats,but it is just finding the best way of enlarging without knackering the club.

Tickets are available as it''s an early kickoff, on Sky and it''s "only" West Ham... the Sky factor is the biggest - most clubs struggle with attendances when they are on sky. If you don''t have a season ticket then tickets are amazingly expensive... as a season ticket holder I totally appreciate why some can''t make today.

I have no doubt that we could sell 30k+ tickets for most 3pm saturday games, especially against the big teams.

Also, its no way as simply as "we can''t fill our stadium now, so don''t need more seats". Even if we struggled we attendances (which we of course don''t), we''d likely sell more tickets in a bigger stadium as ticket prices would come down etc.

The other factor is it''s practically sold out, so the original post is a bit troll-tasic (not much to moan about at the moment, so lets moan about this!)

A quick look on the website and counting up LDC and there are 14 tickets available, none of which are anywhere near each other.

For a game that''s already on Sky, not against one of the bigger teams and 45+ quid for a casual on your own, not selling 14 tickets doesn''t really worry me or prove there is no demand for a stadium increase. In fact to only have 14 tickets available is pretty bloody good in this situation.

And I''m sorry but while the availability of games online is good, the quality is nowhere near that of Sky HD and while lots of fans are familiar with how to watch the games there will probably be a large proportion that aren''t and don''t, but do watch the games that are on Sky.

This is an interesting one that keeps cropping up. I don''t profess to know the answer but trends probably suggest that the longer we stay in the Prem demand will drop off. Also I think pricing is a huge factor. If we expand the stadium and then drop the prices would the club be any better off?

A lot of factors come into it as far as I''m concerned and pride is one of them. The Main Stand always looks a bit small  and League One-ish on TV and very out of sync. with the rest of the ground.

I would also like us to have the biggest stadium in East Anglia to go along with our status as the area''s biggest and currently most successful and best supported club. Nothing wrong with all that, it''s called supporting.

On the practical side, all the indicators over the last few, and more seasons, indicate that we could easily accommodate a few more thousand. Nothing to bust the bank for though, admittedly (unless we get that sponsor,) but a capacity of 30, 000+ would be fitting.

Neither would a relegation effect things attendance-wise either. We would hardly be also-rans in the Championship and a leading position in this, with chances of play-offs or better, would continue to fill the Carra up.