Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

Match thread- Team news!

What happened to Fortress Carrow Road? More like Sandcastle City... teams are going to wise up to Norwich pretty quickly... absorb the early pressure and then hit them hard second half as we only seem to play for 45 minutes then take a kip... if this is Hughton''s way I''m not buying into the "positives" of a point "gained" as anyone that has followed City for more than 3 years will appreciate that 40 points "gained" will lead to relegation.

We were crying out for Fox today, too little urgency and playing it backwards when we should be breaking. Holt was poor, we missed his hold up and linking, eventually Morison improved this aspect when he came on.Jackson looked off colour, a mistake to play him after his travels with Canada. We maybe should have played one up front with Hoolahan just off the striker.I''d drop Holt completely, he''s not at the races and put Martin in his place on the bench, starting with Morison and Kane.

Ok, that was a knee jerk reaction from me if I ever saw one.

But I still think that our defense wasn''t perfect, it just kind of faded in and out from what I heard. Yes good goal-line clearences but should they have happened so often?

Surman was excellent to start, as was johnson, Sam closed them down and we lost all momentum after that.

I mentioned before the game I wanted better use of subs. Howson was never at the game snoddy improved but was not good enough and johnson and surman started well but faded. Interesting Pleat also highlighted the need for some more energy, and wes was the change the game was screaming out for, yet the same 4 midfielders stayed on, when that is where we lost the game.

Up front I thought jackson offered movement but no goal threat and was unlucky to come off; holt was very poor and still looks well short of match fitness, morison at least had a shot but suffered for being on the once the midield had finished and kane looked like a 19 yo kid instead a real threat for us. A lack of striker may still do for us

but today it was the midfield that really did not step up to the mark.

West ham were not good, but we only got out of the game what we deserved...

quote user="BW''s Cat"Ok, that was a knee jerk reaction from me if I ever saw one.

But I still think that our defense wasn''t perfect, it just kind of faded in and out from what I heard. Yes good goal-line clearences but should they have happened so often?

BW - you are negative and have posted so; I report you to the binmaster general, and for the added hypocrisy insist your have trial by ducking stool for being a binner..

Bassongs main error was from the through from garrido, otherwise solid for me.

The issues today were in midfield.

Yep. Binfiner''s assistant crosses to the dark side. But as no-one can find the Binfinder, maybe he is out of a job anyway

Have to say thought the defence played really well again today, few errors and some really strong performances especially dealing with the set piece threat. Garrido and Martin played well again (Garrido is more and more looking like an absolute class acquisition to me) and Barnett and Bassong were always comfortable dealing with a pretty toothless attack. That definitely wasn''t the problem.

I think as most have pointed out the midfield faded second half and nothing was done about it. It was a fairly good first half display by them especially a very lively Surman, but post 60 minutes he was pretty non existent. Snoddy probably played the best over the 90 but never hit the performance levels of Tottenham.

I thought both Kane and Morison looked good when they came on but they had very little service. Yes Kane put in a pretty tame shot on the break but he has had very little first team experience and people wouldn''t have put so much weight on it if that chance was in the first half rather than near the 90 when we were desperate for a winner. Especially with all the other tame shots we got on goal in the 90.

Oh dear, seems like the insults keep flowing.

Yes, I am feeling a bit negative today, how many times do I have to state the following?

I don''t care if someone is being negative. I do care when people attack the club and it''s owners.

Yes, I listened to the radio and this may have clouded my perception of the game, so what? I made a mistake/s. People do that.

Kane''s was a glaring miss. Perfectly awful effort in fact and totally lacking in skill and composure.

Apart from that he looked good and he''s welcome on board, but not in the starting eleven IMO.

Ditto, Jackson.

Too often we can''t bring the ball down or hold the ball up. As mentioned above, the defence seemed to do better and even join in with the attack at times. Its the midfield and attack that dwell on things at times which sees many a move break down.

"Oh dear, seems like the insults keep flowing.

Yes, I am feeling a bit negative today, how many times do I have to state the following?

I don''t care if someone is being negative. I do care when people attack the club and it''s owners.

Yes, I listened to the radio and this may have clouded my perception of the game, so what? I made a mistake/s. People do that.

The Binfinder General''s moste excellente assistant "

Fair enough BWC. But if this the case, you have nailed your colours to the wrong flag. The aforementioned Binfinder has rained his patronising put downs on me and others, not for criticising the club and its owners but for daring to share on this board, moments of doubt and concern. Just as you have done today (which is absolutely fine). Suggest you find another mentor.