Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

Match thread- Team news!

Spam not as hoof-ball as we are led to believe and played some cultured stuff initially. We have slowly ground them down and are on top, but without a cutting edge. I am, personally, disappointrd with Jacko and so many oprnings have been wasted by his inability to hang back that fraction so as to avoid being off-side. GH is in and out today.

My substitutions?: Morison (or even Kane?) for Jackson, not the latter''s day and he is destroying build-up rather than creating it. We need more of an edge up front IMO.

[quote user="Scooby"]I think Jacko''s been offside 3 times now.  Slightly later run and he''s going to be in soon.  Far too much pace for them.[/quote]

I thought Simeon Jackson-Offside was his new name[:P]

Playing well so far.A couple need to get into the game more and Simeon needs to time his runs better.Ref has been fair so far as well.Good game.

Having just watched the replay about 10 times the studio team has just raised a very valid point.  Yes, the pen appeal might have been just outside the box but Surman was through and Collins was the last man.  Should have been a free kick and a red card for Collins.

Where exactly is Howson supposed to be playing? Bit anonymous to say the least.  Johnson should be playing deeper than him for sure! If Howson is going to be given the Fox/deep lying playmaker role then someone better going forward than Johnson needs to be alongside him. All very well having two deep midfielders to cancel out West ham, but we are essentially playing Holt as the attacking central midfielder?!¬!Better chances have gone to West Ham, who i must say don''t look anything special.  Need to get a grip on the game....change up the centre of the park (roles if not personnel) and if Holt continues to play this deep i''d get him off and whack on Morison.

[quote user=BroadstairsR  

Spam not as hoof-ball as we are led to believe and played some cultured stuff initially. We have slowly ground them down and are on top, but without a cutting edge. I am, personally, disappointrd with Jacko and so many oprnings have been wasted by his inability to hang back that fraction so as to avoid being off-side. GH is in and out today.

My substitutions?: Morison (or even Kane?) for Jackson, not the latter''s day and he is destroying build-up rather than creating it. We need more of an edge up front IMO.

quote]
I would go along with that Broadstairs.

Howson only seems effective this game when he''s deep... and he and Holt do both seem to deep...Hoping we get earlier subs if nothing changesAt the moment the game could go either wayI agree we need to grab the game in the centre and dictate from there

Very true.  Jackson (im not a huge fan) has run around a lot, offside everytime but it''s a close call each time.  Holt however has been nowehre near influencing the game in the final third.  Seemingly stuck playing central midfield.  Everytime a long ball comes out of defence it hits Jackson and there isnt a city shirt within 10metres of him.  Holt needs to be allowed to play up with him, Howson, pushed up and Johnson to do what he does best....get his foot in and give it to better players

[quote user="6088m canary"  Where exactly is Howson supposed to be playing? Bit anonymous to say the least.  Johnson should be playing deeper than him for sure! If Howson is going to be given the Fox/deep lying playmaker role then someone better going forward than Johnson needs to be alongside him. All very well having two deep midfielders to cancel out West ham, but we are essentially playing Holt as the attacking central midfielder?!¬!Better chances have gone to West Ham, who i must say don''t look anything special.  Need to get a grip on the game....change up the centre of the park (roles if not personnel) and if Holt continues to play this deep i''d get him off and whack on Morison.  quote]
Some good observations there 6088. I agree about Howson, so maybe we will see Foxy in a bit.  I don''t think they''ve had more chances than us though.  We had more in one 10 second period than they had in the whole half.  Shame Jaskelaainen made two great stops.

I wish Ruddy would improve on his passing, time and again he buckles under pressure and hoofs it upfield. Against a team like West Ham, we invariably concede possession instead of making an effective counter-attack. I feel we''re letting them off the hook and should be at least two up.

Unless there''s a vast improvement in the next 5 minutes, I''d be getting Morison warmed up to come on for Holt.

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user=BroadstairsR  

My substitutions?: Morison (or even Kane?) for Jackson, not the latter''s day and he is destroying build-up rather than creating it. We need more of an edge up front IMO.[/quote]

Kane for Jackson seems logical eventually, i can''t really agree with those words though. 2/3 offsides were basically level and the balls were isolated from any kind of cohesive build-up, so didn''t waste much. he completed all his passes. i thought the midfield was helter-skelter.

We seem to be having a bit of a poor spell, giving the ball away too much.  Some players looking a little tired so CH may make some changes.

its not poor. playing ok tbh, surmans played well, i didnt even hear howsons name in the first 35 minutes. it just looks a bit blunt at the top.its exactly what everyone expected and have been talking about since the last two pre season games, tighter at the back but none of the goals at the other end. problem is goals win football matches

Morison on the right thing, but with Jackson for me. Jackson at least looking for positions while offside. Holt not even having that impact on the game. Howson has to go off too

It''s been okay, and some nice football at times, but it''s goals that win games and we don''t look like scoring...

Right.  Had enough of this now.  We need to freshen things up in midfield.  We''re starting to give it away a little too much for my liking and starting to lose out with knock downs and second balls.  Good to see Harry Kane on though.  This game should have been put to bed a while ago.  I''m not liking a fresh Jarvis on against us either.

[quote user="Notts Canary"]It''s been okay, and some nice football at times, but it''s goals that win games and we don''t look like scoring...[/quote]... totally agree we need to start beating teams at home. WH don''t look that great... 3 points is a must. Where the goals will come from is another matter... blunt upfront is an understatement.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Fox for howson?[/quote]
[Y] or Wes if we want to go and win it from here.
That''s 2 shots from Jarvis in the last 3 mins.  We need to get them back on the back foot.