Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Send your questions to....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/home

Check out the email link at the top of the page.

We can now find out whether a self confessed binner and anti Norwich editor will change his allegiance now that he''s "travelled north"

[/quote]He will probably need some re-eduction first, Nigel

[IMG]http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i357/ricardo204/ippyphoto.jpg[/IMG]

I was honoured to be entrusted with celebrations of anniversaries of both Ipswich Town’s FA Cup victory in 1978 and the UEFA Cup victory three years later.

A paragraph from his farewell article in the Ipswich Evening Star 31st August 2012.

Meanwhile, who could forget our campaign in support of Ipswich Town when the Tractor Boys were last promoted on a glorious day at Wembley in 2000?

The Star had 17 days of front pages on the Super Blues in the build-up to the big day and ended by chartering a train to take 500 Town fans to Wembley

The promotion express was a joy.

This from the same article.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]We''ll get him down the carra if he''s not following his beloved Blackpool...[/quote]

Well that''s funny Pete as one of your Archant colleagues told me he was originally a Chesterfield fan.A touch of smoke and mirrors going on maybe ?[;)]

So are you telling me his tweets ending with COYB really mean come on you Blackpool and not come on you Blues ? Doesn''t quite sound right now does it ?[*-)]

This jingoism is a bit unjustified imo.  If you move to a place of work away from your hometown, you do tend to follow the local team - its unavoidable.  The fact that this man worked in a newspaper in Ipswold made it his job to be interested in the local football team. Give him a chance.

Nigel Pickover

Now then Pete if the love of my life was the Tangerines you would not catch me posing in front of a 6inner montage of fans wearing a 6inner tie and a 6inner UEFA Cup lapel badge.

LDC - Spot on.Tilly - Like you, I made the mistake of thinking him a Town fan and ribbed him when I met him a year ago only to spend the next couple of hours learning more than I wished to about Blackpool FC. As for that COYB tweet - I believe he was re-tweeting an Ipswich fan and replying to that with a score draw prediction...

I look forward to your tenure in the future Pete if you become editor of the Ipswich Evening Star and have to attend 6inner dinners celebrating their FA Cup and UEFA success.If there is a photographer around i look forward to seeing you in blue.You saw what LDC said you have to adopt and follow the town/city you work in.[;)]

Still more than a tinge of 6in about him though in my book.

I think Pete and Lakey show a greater understanding than old fogeys like me Rickyyyy and Tilly. Where as we have always been totally faithful to our club we haven''t had to make our mark in the world outside the Norfolk family. Those who move from place to place often have to behave like tarts and drop their knickers to the locals in order to be accepted whilst privately remaining true to their Canaries, Seasiders or Spirites. I reckon our best result on Friday will be a "kiss and tell" about what went on when "Picks" had to lay back and think of Marcus....

I think Pete and Lakey show a greater understanding than old fogeys like me Rickyyyy and Tilly. Where as we have always been totally faithful to our club we haven''t had to make our mark in the world outside the Norfolk family. Those who move from place to place often have to behave like tarts and drop their knickers to the locals in order to be accepted whilst privately remaining true to their Canaries, Seasiders or Spirites. I reckon our best result on Friday will be a "kiss and tell" about what went on when "Picks" had to lay back and think of Marcus....

[/quote]

I''d just like to say at this point I''ve never dropped my knickers, underpants or anything else for that matter to appease the natives when living in foreign climes.    Perish the thought......[:$]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I''d just like to say at this point I''ve never dropped my knickers, underpants or anything else for that matter to appease the natives when living in foreign climes.    Perish the thought......[:$]

[/quote]

Well spotted Lakey[Y]

It''s just a shame Samir Osman can''t see the wood from the bumfluff with his head firmly stuck up his arse. Don''t believe everything you''re told ct, I post for myself and have never been involved in any attacks on the directors at Carrow Road.

So then a Tangerine was" honoured to be entrusted with celebrations of anniversaries of both Ipswich town''s FA Cup victory in 1978 and the UEFA Cup victory three years later." Now however did that come about ? [:^)] Are there no high profile local 6inners or celebs who could have done the job that they gave the job to a local journo ? [*-)]

Some fine journalism for Nigel Pickover here

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/how_i_met_town_s_mystery_magnate_marcus_1_163661

something for all young writers to aspire to.

[quote user="lake district canary"]This jingoism is a bit unjustified imo.  If you move to a place of work away from your hometown, you do tend to follow the local team - its unavoidable.  The fact that this man worked in a newspaper in Ipswold made it his job to be interested in the local football team. [/quote]If you wanted to go and clog up the Carlisle United message board instead, nobody here would mind.

[/quote]

Thought Lakey was Posh through and through?

[quote user="drurys testamonials mark 15"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''ve seen Carlisle mentioned! But I think you can pretty much say he''s City through and through.

If you''re asking me I''m talking about Lakey who has posted on this thread. Lake District Canary. I didn''t know Lakey of the EDP, EEN and Pink Un posted on here. What''s his username?

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]We''ll get him down the carra if he''s not following his beloved Blackpool...[/quote]

Ouch ! Somewhat cringeworthy if you ask me............. and I know you didn''t.

[quote user="drurys testamonials mark 15"]

[/quote]

I agree he comes from that neck of the woods as they say but it is no different to you coming from Leicester.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="lake district canary"]This jingoism is a bit unjustified imo.  If you move to a place of work away from your hometown, you do tend to follow the local team - its unavoidable.  The fact that this man worked in a newspaper in Ipswold made it his job to be interested in the local football team. [/quote]If you wanted to go and clog up the Carlisle United message board instead, nobody here would mind.[/quote]

Thanks, but then I would miss your subtle humour, your unsubtle cynicism and your  put downs................

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="lake district canary"]This jingoism is a bit unjustified imo.  If you move to a place of work away from your hometown, you do tend to follow the local team - its unavoidable.  The fact that this man worked in a newspaper in Ipswold made it his job to be interested in the local football team. [/quote]If you wanted to go and clog up the Carlisle United message board instead, nobody here would mind.[/quote]

Thanks, but then I would miss your subtle humour, your unsubtle cynicism and your  put downs................

[quote user="Tim Allman"]Some fine journalism for Nigel Pickover here

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/how_i_met_town_s_mystery_magnate_marcus_1_163661

something for all young writers to aspire to.[/quote]

"The Big M..."Oh dear.I feel quite ill after that discerning insight. All a bit creepy really.Anyway, I''d like to know if, in appointing one editor for the two Archant Norwich titles, there are plans to combine the EDP and the Evening News.Somehow I expect the reply to be fudge.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="drurys testamonials mark 15"]

[/quote]

I agree he comes from that neck of the woods as they say but it is no different to you coming from Leicester.

[/quote]

Sounds like a case of mistaken identity. What else can you expect?

[quote user="drurys testamonials mark 15"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="drurys testamonials mark 15"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sounds like a case of mistaken identity. What else can you expect?

[/quote]

So who am i mistaking you for then Mark ?