Sign in to follow this  
essexcanary

bentley next year

do you think we can get bentley back next year for another season loan deal?

i really think he would want to! although his situation at arsenal is unclear. will wenger want him back?, he does need more ENGLISH players at the club.

i hope we can get him back as i dont think we have seen his full potential. i think 2 factors could decide this.  firstly if green goes arsenal, will he be used as bait? and secondly will he want to play in the championship if we go down (he could be amazing if he played against the likes of millwall)

your thoughts please?

Good god, NO NO NO. Next season we will need people that are are up for a battle not big time charlie''s.I am sure he has great things ahead of him but not in the fizzy league.

We`d be better off buying  a Bentley car  for Delia   to get around in !  .......   Bentley has a big attitude problem .... Arse had no use for him this season  ... yet he still thinks  he`s too good to be playing for us !  ...  I`ve had my fill of  players  who have no intention of giving 100%  .. they know who they are ... and Bentley`s one of them !    .....   if he does get  to play again  all eyes should be on  his performance  in that match  ! ... if there`s ANY sign  of  lack lustre  ... he should  be pointed in the general direction of the smoke  he loves to inhale .... his suitcase  dropped beside him ,  and be told to bugger off    .....  personally  I would do this  right now , and give Henderson  his chance  !    ......  controversial  maybe  ...  but a 100% Hendo  is far better than  a 30% Bentley  !!

[quote]Good god, NO NO NO. Next season we will need people that are are up for a battle not big time charlie''s.I am sure he has great things ahead of him but not in the fizzy league.[/quote]

I have to agree. Even though Bentley has been great and i am a fan of him, im not sure how much he would be bothered if he was on loan. However if we did get him it would be fine with me

i can see Hendo being given a starting place next season if we go down. He seems to be one of Worthys favourites

[quote]i can see Hendo being given a starting place next season if we go down. He seems to be one of Worthys favourites[/quote]

I think thats a good enough reason to sign Bentley Robbo...  but you are right - Hendo does seem to be one of worthys faves (typical type, likes to follow the ball around, follows Worthys instructions to the letter, runs hard coveringmiles on the pitch but doing nothing once he has the ball at his feet, join the Holt, Eddy, Flem, Jonson, Leon (at least leon is showing some signs of improving) but one thing he is not is the answer to our right sided midfield problems  - the boy is a striker and nothing else - keep him playing there.

OTBC

I think Bents would be a great signing, whatever league we''re in.  However, I can''t see Arsenal letting him go cheap.  No offence to Bents but I don''t think he''s going to be good enough to challange Pires and Freddie for a place.  Having said though I would have thought Wenger would want around 750K for the lad.  Could we afford this? 

I think the only way we''ll see Bents here again is if he''s used as part of a Greeno deal

The only way we''ll see Bentley here next year is if the lad himself wants to be here. That I feel would mean a permanent signing which I believe would be around 700k. I consider his future at Arsenal is at best, nil. He could end up like Hucks, being farmed out here there and everywhere and watching his football suffer. The fact that he''s too young yet to maybe put down roots is debatable but a  permanent signing at this stage of his career would certainly improve his attitude and make him feel more a part of things. The fee is affordable especially if Francis departs. The lad is at a crossroads in his footballing life and which direction he takes next is very important for him. We may be a favourable option.

[quote]I have to agree. Even though Bentley has been great and i am a fan of him, im not sure how much he would be bothered if he was on loan. However if we did get him it would be fine with me[/quote]

"Bentley has been great"...how?when?where?have I been off planet ,or am I not smoking the right substance!!!

I think Bentley would be a great on loan signing to get and I think he would be up for playing half a season in the championship, unless he is gurenteed more than a hand full of games at Arsenal. We will need all the quality we can get, because it will be hard to go down, the straight back up again.