Sign in to follow this  
Oz Canary

Sorry Guys but........

[quote user="kellybrook"]1 point better off than this time last season.

What he said.  Some of you people need to wake up. We created a ton of chances and look far stronger at the back than last season.
[/quote]

"1 point better off than last season".....I admire youre optimism but if we''re comparing against last season then surely we need to compare against the corresponding results too?....we beat Qpr at home and Tottenham away last season and we beat 2 of the 3 relegated teams at home too (i''ll leave you to decide which one West Ham closely resembles...Bolton??). The reason why winning today was so important is that from our next 6 fixtures coming up, we collected all of 1 point from those same fixtures last season?!

Why does everyone keep talking about last season!?!? Last season means nothing right now.  Yes we have 3 points which is one more than last season but so far THIS season we have dropped 6 points and that is the worrying thing.

[quote user="Boyo''"  Why does everyone keep talking about last season!?!? Last season means nothing right now.  Yes we have 3 points which is one more than last season but so far THIS season we have dropped 6 points and that is the worrying thing.  /quote]
Huh?[*-)][8-)]  I would dearly love to know how you''ve worked that out.  6 points, do tell, go on, pleeeeease. [:D]

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="Boyo''"  Why does everyone keep talking about last season!?!? Last season means nothing right now.  Yes we have 3 points which is one more than last season but so far THIS season we have dropped 6 points and that is the worrying thing.  /quote]

Huh?[*-)][8-)]  I would dearly love to know how you''ve worked that out.  6 points, do tell, go on, pleeeeease. [:D]

[/quote]

i''m assuming he means that we should have won the last 3 games instead of drawing them as any kind of positive result at Fulham was never on the cards and therefore written off??

Jeesuus!

Our lads slog their guts out and this arsehole of an OP slags them off, pitiful.

They gave us their all and created chances against a good side who stuffed Fulham recently, I can ask no more of them than that.

sorry Wiz but did you really think Holt gave us his all?  If he did we are in deep trouble!!! He looked like a sunday league tyre fitter today playing for the Fox and Hounds!!

A tad unfair BB, I watched him off the ball today, he kept the A''mmers defenders on edge all of the time, so much so that they left other City players compleatly umarked.

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="Boyo''"  Why does everyone keep talking about last season!?!? Last season means nothing right now.  Yes we have 3 points which is one more than last season but so far THIS season we have dropped 6 points and that is the worrying thing.  /quote]

[/quote]

We have drawn the last 3 games but we should have won all of them.  So thats 3 points from 9 hence 6 dropped points.  I didn''t refer to the Fulham game because I want to put that down as a blip but if you believe we should have won that game thats 9 dropped points altogether which is even worse.

Boyo said:

We have drawn the last 3 games but we should have won all of them.  So thats 3 points from 9 hence 6 dropped points.  I didn''t refer to the Fulham game because I want to put that down as a blip but if you believe we should have won that game thats 9 dropped points altogether which is even worse.

Jeez, the wisdom of fools. [:S]

Well I''m going to explain myself again because I think some of you have got the wrong end of the stick.

We should have won the last 3 games and by this I don''t mean that before these 3 games I expected us to win all of them but it turns out that in these 3 games we should have won because we were the better team and had enough chances to win.  Out of these games we have got 3 points where we could and perhaps should have got 9.  So thats where the 6 dropped points came from.  I''m not counting the Fulham game because I want to put that down as a blip.

Does no one else see where I am coming from!?!? 

Holt played OK, not great, but had a few good touches, his cross during the goal mouth scramble was particularly good. The problem today was was Snodgrass had a poor match and Surman is no Pilkington. I thought Martin was pretty weak too.

Could we have played better? Sure, but that West Ham team has kept clean sheets in all but one game and absolutely destroyed Fulham in their last game.

Nothing is decided by this point in the season. People talk about the next few games as if we have no chance of getting any points, but Liverpool have been poor so far this year, Newcastle look weaker than last season, who knows what Villa are going to be like, and I don''t think we have much to fear from Stoke.

Boyo said:

Well I''m going to explain myself again because I think some of you have got the wrong end of the stick.

We should have won the last 3 games and by this I don''t mean that before these 3 games I expected us to win all of them but it turns out that in these 3 games we should have won because we were the better team and had enough chances to win.  Out of these games we have got 3 points where we could and perhaps should have got 9.  So thats where the 6 dropped points came from.  I''m not counting the Fulham game because I want to put that down as a blip.

I understand you Boyo, but you''re using twisted logic, both sets of oppo fans think THEY have dropped the points too.

You can''t all be right.

[quote user="Boyo"]

[/quote]Yes, there have been points dropped that should not have been but that is going to happen over a season. We will also pick up points where we are not expected to.Yes, I am disappointed by today''s result but on the bright side it was a clean sheet without too much trouble and we are undefeated in three games. There is a very long way to go as yet and far far too premature to talk about relegation. We all knew it would be a tough struggle this season and I think we may be in the mix right down to the wire.Reasons to be cheerful, there are plenty of points left to fight for and we are still out of the bottom three.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]

Not in the bottom three?

Give it a couple of games. Liverpool will beat us and Reading might actually play another game at some point.

[/quote]

Thats what I like, postive confident feelings. [:S]

Not in the bottom three?

Give it a couple of games. Liverpool will beat us and Reading might actually play another game at some point.

[/quote]Who''s to say that we won''t pick up points in the next 2 games? You are far to negative Highland. QPR can''t score goals, Southampton ''s defence is full of holes Wigan got tanked, there''s plenty of teams in the relegation mix.

Not in the bottom three?

[/quote]

When it says Canary in your username it does definately mean Norwich doesn''t it?  Cos you are not coming across as much of a City fan! 

[quote user="Gareth"]Norwich or die tryin!: "Why why why why why did we not bring on Wes today. We was crying out for his skill and creativity."
We needed someone to come on and control possession, we needed Fox, Hoolahan wouldn''t have been much help, Diame would have man-marked him out of the game.
[/quote]

I disagree with you Gareth. Physically Diame will try to dominate Hoolahan - but in the end Hoolahan will "do" him as he did that Olofinjana in the Cardiff game a couple of season''s back. Olofinjana has muscle on muscles defensive midfeild player brought in specfically to deal with Hoolahan - his arm muscles were the size of hoolahan''s legs - the lead up to our goal saw Hoolahan did him like a dinner ! you would have missed that Gareth , you were too busy looking for negatives !

It is 1pt for a draw and 3 for a win.  Drawing tough games and getting a well earned point against "top sides" but then failing to beat the likes of West Ham and QPR (yes all games are tough but they are two games most fans would have as home bankers) is no help to us. draw,draw,draw,lose : 3 pointswin , lose,lose, draw : 4 points.Better to lose a couple or to be tight and lose just once?!Being solid is a good thing for sure, but we have got to get the balance right.  Didn''t think we seriously threatened at all yesterday.  They were there for the taking but a flat 4 in midfield did for us.  It doesn''t have to be Hoolahan=attack and the rest=negative, just need to strike a balance.  Howson and Johnson just need to sit down together....when one goes forward the other stays back to cover, not both sit in the centre circle.  Personally would love to see Fox back in the side.  Johnson can put a tackle in, run all day but that''s about it.  Oh, and any chance we can give the FK''s to Garrido? please!AS for Holt, slagging off doesn''t help, but he certainly isn''t playing that well at the moment.  How much of that is fitness, management or confidence who knows?! However, why exactly is he playing so deep?!  A fair few long pumped balls up towards Jackson and Holt nowhere near him.  Just giving the ball away that.

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="Oz Canary"].3 points from a possible 12 uninspiring.  [/quote]
4 games into last season:
Wigan (A) 1-1
Stoke (H) 1-1
Chelsea (A) 3-1
WBA (H) 0-1
4 games into this season:
Fulham (A) 5-0
QPR (H) 1-1
Spurs (A) 1-1
West Ham (H) 0-0
We''ve actually had a BETTER start to this season against similar levels of opposition, so excuse me if I''m not panicking just yet.
[/quote]

Last season started after Holt was dropped after a poor start to the season. time for more of the same.

And can someone explain to me why it''s acceptable for a planes to start but not perform for 6-8 games n find form fitness and touch when it''s a 38 game season?

We are not at threat of relegation but under performing players should find their placeholder the team under threat. Yesterday Holt and howson were significantly below their best