Sign in to follow this  
Oz Canary

Sorry Guys but........

This is just not good enough.

That West Ham team was rubbish and our performance was right there also.

3 points from a possible 12 uninspiring.

I thought Holt was garbage and that the question really needs to be asked, what he is doing in the starting line-up at the moment. He has given us nothing in the four games so far.

Harry Kane showed us more in 10 minutes than Holty has in 360 minutes so far.

I would be starting Harry Kane next week to partner Simeon and see how we go.

Holty needs to get off his fat contract and start and get to work.

[quote user="Oz Canary"]This is just not good enough.

That West Ham team was rubbish and our performance was right there also.

3 points from a possible 12 uninspiring.

I thought Holt was garbage and that the question really needs to be asked, what he is doing in the starting line-up at the moment. He has given us nothing in the four games so far.

Harry Kane showed us more in 10 minutes than Holty has in 360 minutes so far.

I would be starting Harry Kane next week to partner Simeon and see how we go.

Holty needs to get off his fat contract and start and get to work.[/quote]at least we know whose gonna be hung out to dry this season....lordy lordy lordy

Kane in the starting line-up? Not a chance, not ahead of Holt or Morison. The guy might be a hot prospect, but he''s done nothing to deserve a place. Fluffed two great chances today, but the team as a whole was poor in front of goal

It''s not about being hung out to dry.

It''s about putting in for your teammates and fans.

Obviously you are quite happy with his form and general play this year. Good for you, I am not.

At least Kane got himself in the position to fluff those chances which is more than Holty achieved today or at all this season so far.

never said that,but jeez i seem to remember holt having a quiet start last season and the same people having the same lack of patience

i remember why i post on here so infrequently

Holt has been the same for the last couple of seasons,and after getting impatient and having a moan about him at the early stages of the Champs season,i am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

You are correct, nolegs. He did have a ''quiet start'' last season. And Lambert must''ve had the ''same lack of patience'' that you are accusing the people above of, because he dropped Holt in favour of Morison. Once back in the team Holt was a revelation. We will get nowhere form arguing why Holt takes a while to get going but something must be done if we are to win a game. We had countless chances today and not a single one was scored.

Excellent, then we are all just imagining that this happened today. Let''s resume this coversation after Newcastle, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal and see where we sit and how Holt is doing.

I hope it''s better on both counts.

Why why why why why did we not bring on Wes today. We was crying out for his skill and creativity. He would have offered us something different. Westham where so comfortable with are gameplan of just hitting Holt and hopefull crosses. His dribbling would have caused Collins no end of problems.

[quote user="Oz Canary"].3 points from a possible 12 uninspiring.  [/quote]
4 games into last season:
Wigan (A) 1-1
Stoke (H) 1-1
Chelsea (A) 3-1
WBA (H) 0-1
4 games into this season:
Fulham (A) 5-0
QPR (H) 1-1
Spurs (A) 1-1
West Ham (H) 0-0
We''ve actually had a BETTER start to this season against similar levels of opposition, so excuse me if I''m not panicking just yet.

1 point better off than this time last season.What he said.  Some of you people need to wake up. We created a ton of chances and look far stronger at the back than last season.

Norwich or die tryin!: "Why why why why why did we not bring on Wes today. We was crying out for his skill and creativity."
We needed someone to come on and control possession, we needed Fox, Hoolahan wouldn''t have been much help, Diame would have man-marked him out of the game.

Where would you have played him?  How would you have fitted him in so we did not have one up front, break up Howson/snodgrass/johnson or put more pressure on the full backs?You can''t do it, and that''s why he is not playing."Why why why why why did we not bring on Wes today. We was crying out for his skill and creativity. He would have offered us something different. Westham where so comfortable with are gameplan of just hitting Holt and hopefull crosses. His dribbling would have caused Collins no end of problems."

I''m afraid we havent got a good enough pool of strikers at the club, this isnt hindsight ,I said it all summer up to 11 oclock on Aug 31st, and I will not be swayed from my view that after 9 summer signings we failed to strengthen our attacking options.....................cue the blinkered "we''ll be alright, we ''were'' the 7th highest scorers in the Premiership last season" brigade.

We had 14 shots on target today, more than enough to win the game, Hoolahan wasn''t needed, someone that can put the ball in the back of the net is though...

Thought it would be draw although I hoped we score. City lack a cutting edge. Although Jackson looked lively, I''m not convinced either Jackson or Morison would find a home in any other PL squad. We should have strengthened our forward line during the summer but failed to invest significantly. The issue for us now is will we be too far from safety to justify significant investment in January? I think we needed to have 6 points by now. Can''t see another opportunity for a win until November now - and games against Stoke are never easy.

[quote user="nolegs"]never said that,but jeez i seem to remember holt having a quiet start last season and the same people having the same lack of patience

i remember why i post on here so infrequently
[/quote]

i don''t blame you tbh for not posting so much, it''s amazing how people can change their opinion so drastically after each game. I''m very optimistic about this season as we still have a pretty good strike force, yet with what appears to be a solid defence.

How many of those 14 shots really threatened ? apart from Jacksons effort i would say none , most carried no more danger than a back pass . Fulhams new striker bagged a couple this afternoon , Villa''s new man was on the mark , Norwich were too tight to buy one and that alone will send us down .

[quote user="Ncfc"]How many of those 14 shots really threatened ? apart from Jacksons effort i would say none , most carried no more danger than a back pass . Fulhams new striker bagged a couple this afternoon , Villa''s new man was on the mark , Norwich were too tight to buy one and that alone will send us down .[/quote]

Well said NCFC - what most of the optimists on this board fail to acknowledge is that the PL is stronger this season. We haven''t kept pace with this improvement. Still think City, Southampton and West Brom will go down this season.

[quote user="Oz Canary"]It''s not about being hung out to dry. It''s about putting in for your teammates and fans. Obviously you are quite happy with his form and general play this year. Good for you, I am not.[/quote]

[Y] 

Rob Butler said on Canary Call that City fans should be able to say when they''re not happy with a player''s performance. Doesn''t mean we''re not still behind the team.

[quote user="flying high up in the sky"]1 point better off than this time last season.[/quote]and 3 games unbeaten... some might say "but it 4 games without a win" 3 points next week changes that stat considerably doesnt it....would you rather be us or Southampton right now Oz Canary... they will do well to even hit double figures points wise this season!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="flying high up in the sky"]1 point better off than this time last season.[/quote]and 3 games unbeaten... some might say "but it 4 games without a win" 3 points next week changes that stat considerably doesnt it....would you rather be us or Southampton right now Oz Canary... they will do well to even hit double figures points wise this season![/quote]

I wouldn''t rather be Southampton but they''ll be with us next season...

[quote user="Highland Canary"]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="flying high up in the sky"]1 point better off than this time last season.[/quote]and 3 games unbeaten... some might say "but it 4 games without a win" 3 points next week changes that stat considerably doesnt it....would you rather be us or Southampton right now Oz Canary... they will do well to even hit double figures points wise this season![/quote]

I wouldn''t rather be Southampton but they''ll be with us next season...

[/quote]keen to find out why you think that?

Did you see the game today? Because I remember an opportunity for Snodgrass to score easily, Holt had an easy chance and Snodgrass also had a chance to pick out someone for a tap in when he got the better of the defender. Not to mention the four saves their keeper made in quick concession, on another day we would have won comfortably.

IMO we have been playing a lot better than we did last season so far.