Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

come in number 9 your time is up....

[quote user="Wiz"]If Holt''s reading this, may I apologise to him for the Norwich fans with short memories who are now slagging him off, try and remember just what he''s done for our club please.[/quote]If Hughton''s reading this, do you want to apologise to him for calling him a coward?  How about Delia? Wynn-Jones?  Or Stephen Fry?Careful with your precedents, especially given your track record.

[quote user="Wiz"]If Holt''s reading this, may I apologise to him for the Norwich fans with short memories who are now slagging him off, try and remember just what he''s done for our club please.[/quote]

rather ironic you saying this

I don''t really like threads like this because I think they''re often an example of people desperate to justify and further some kind of vendetta against a particular player.

Grant Holt hasn''t had a great start to the season but I think everyone knows that he can take a few games to get into his stride. Although obviously people will use his new contract and that whole saga as a stick to beat him with. And to be honest he has brought that on himself by the way him and his agent handled it.

However, sometimes you have to keep faith with players and especially players who have done as much for your club as Grant Holt has done. It''s a tricky call for the manager, where do you draw the line between giving someone enough games to recpature their best form and dropping him to let someone else have a go?

Holt is the captain and he is the best goal scorer at the club. He''s a huge player for us and has been every season he''s been on there. Do you just turn your back on that because he''s gone 4 games this season without a goal and hasn''t played to his best?

We can''t afford for that to happen?  You mean like how we couldn''t afford it in any of the past three seasons?Kan looked sharper?  What planet are you on?

Stupid, stupid thread to start.[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Jackson was the better striker today and in their shorter time on the pitch both Morro and Kane look much sharper and much more "ready" than Holty.Holt is a slow starter, but this season we cant afford that to happen... said in the summer that once his head was turned we should have cashed in.... Jacko and Morro to start next week with Kane in the wings seems a good strike force.

[/quote]

[quote user="mrs miggins"]

[quote user="Wiz"]If Holt''s reading this, may I apologise to him for the Norwich fans with short memories who are now slagging him off, try and remember just what he''s done for our club please.[/quote]

rather ironic you saying this

[/quote]

Why?

Everything I''ve said has been fully justified at the time, some of the Holty stuff said on here recently has not.

And Leopards do change their spots!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Wiz"]If Holt''s reading this, may I apologise to him for the Norwich fans with short memories who are now slagging him off, try and remember just what he''s done for our club please.[/quote]

If Hughton''s reading this, do you want to apologise to him for calling him a coward?  How about Delia? Wynn-Jones?  Or Stephen Fry?

Careful with your precedents, especially given your track record.

[/quote]

I stand by everything I''ve said on that mob, no regrets at all, including Hoots performance at Fulham.

And I''ll still be critical when its deserved.........now get back to your side attacks on Holty and the team.

Holt is, indeed, a HUGE player for us. And getting bigger by the week. A prediction 40 inch waisted shorts by the end of the month. Perhaps he comforting himself by gorging on deep fried lard or whatever northerners eat.