Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for The Academy with the Pink un Pickers

Super stuff Mandie, congratulations.[:D][Y]

It''s great when we win full stop, but a little extra boost when one of your own picks is in the final 6 (slightly nerve-wracking when no-one else picks your selection though!).  Mandie you expertly steered the good ship ''Rays Funds'' safely home and you should basque in the glory.

I was on a downer after watching us draw a blank.  It was a funny game and however well we played in fits and starts and however many chances we created it was one of those games where I had the feeling that we could have played till next Christmas and still not scored!

Anyway, thank you Mandy and all PUPs because logging on here and seeing this super result and the healthy return of £58+ has cheered me up no end![:D][:D][:D]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Mandie Moo"]Quite surprised how many foreign games I''ve ended up with, especially from Leagues I have hardly heard of!!![/quote][/quote]Anything to add, ''Nana?[/quote]

How often do the final 6 teams come from foreign leagues and lose as the picker doesn''t actually know any players etc they base it purely on form. I pick games that I can see form on and know the players etc.[/quote]

I don''t know how many times "obscure" European games have upset the bet.  Not as many as you might think, I reckon.  From memory, the Championship, Leagues 1 & 2 are more of a PUPs graveyard.I do get your logic, but it''s up to the poster picking the fixture to explain why it''s a good bet.  The picker''s record, credibility, "stats" etc. should all give some indication of whether they know what they''re doing or whether they are sticking pins in a page.Your strategy sounds fine to me and if it works for you then great.  I do a separate 5 or 6 line bet myself every Saturday and bet on "what I know", and that''s why I''m still poor and haven''t yet retired.Where I get a bit fed up with you is when you criticise the selections of other pickers - it''s their go, it''s their strategy and I''m sure they''d appreciate a wish of good luck rather than criticism - especially when they go on to win as with this week.  Think what you like, by all means, but think twice before posting it.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Well done Mandie... cake for all then [;)]
[/quote]

Now this is what I see as the problem Mandie now has Graham. The cake has to be big enough to go round. Given that there''s over 60 PUPs that have selected this season that''s a lot of cake. And of course we are all more Grant Holt than Simeon Jackson so a little token slice each really won''t do the job. So I should imagine that will entail a new mixing bowl, new cake tin and possibly even a new oven. And it doesn''t end there. The cake has to be packed up and distributed to PUPs all over the world. Express delievery at that. NewYork and Yankee can''t be expected to put up with a stale lump arriving in the middle of November. So it''s going to cost. But Mandie, we expect nothing less.....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Now this is what I see as the problem Mandie now has Graham. The cake has to be big enough to go round. Given that there''s over 60 PUPs that have selected this season that''s a lot of cake. And of course we are all more Grant Holt than Simeon Jackson so a little token slice each really won''t do the job. So I should imagine that will entail a new mixing bowl, new cake tin and possibly even a new oven. And it doesn''t end there. The cake has to be packed up and distributed to PUPs all over the world. Express delievery at that. NewYork and Yankee can''t be expected to put up with a stale lump arriving in the middle of November. So it''s going to cost. But Mandie, we expect nothing less.....

[/quote]

Not forgetting a slice being Fedexed to my secluded island tax haven, nutty, where we need a bit of cheering up after a disastrous trip to Croatia[:@][U][8o|] which Mandie had the sense not to join.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But surely that would mean revealing your address Purple. There''s bound to be Her Majesty''s Inspector of Taxes on here. I''ve seen the signs.....

Not forgetting a slice being Fedexed to my secluded island tax haven, nutty, where we need a bit of cheering up after a disastrous trip to Croatia[:@][U][8o|] which Mandie had the sense not to join.

[/quote]

[quote user="Kathy "][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But surely that would mean revealing your address Purple. There''s bound to be Her Majesty''s Inspector of Taxes on here. I''ve seen the signs.....

[/quote][/quote]

Good point, Kathy. my tangible fixed (and unfixed) assets would be impounded before my very eyes. Hey ho, no cake for me then...[:(]

Great work Mandie, excellent picking, great result.

I''ll continue to trawl and study the European leagues for a good bet for the picker whenever I am able.

If they choose it as Mandie did, then fine, if not then I don''t have a problem with it.

MC

I''m glad you will Meth. The most important quality we can each have is consistency. Each PUP''s style of picking alongside our league table is invaluable as a tool to use selecting the final six. Much more useful than our league table on it''s own. Glad you''re back picking buddy[Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I''m glad you will Meth. The most important quality we can each have is consistency. Each PUP''s style of picking alongside our league table is invaluable as a tool to use selecting the final six. Much more useful than our league table on it''s own. Glad you''re back picking buddy[Y]

[/quote]Cheers NN, totally agree with you, its great to see the varied selections each week and always found it invaluable when doing the final pick

in the past myself.  And yes its great to be able to join in again, really missed you guys for most of last season.

MC

Brilliant thread this week. [Y]

I don''t need to ask Mandie if she enjoyed it! But thanks again Mandie and all you PUPs.

Two consecutive wins! It will require a cool head to go for the hat-trick and it''s like I knew it because we have Herman in charge and making the final selections. The hat-trick is on!

49 PUPs selected this week with 40 selecting correctly (82%). Between us we offered Mandie 28 different selections from which 20 won(71%). Mandie did a brilliant job of choosing which to put in her final 6 and the rest is history.

There are still 17 PUPs with 100% from all 5 weeks so far. Here''s our PUPs league showing those with at least 50% correct from at least 50% of the available weeks.

Beauseant55100%
Bore Bore Bor55100%
Fonejacker55100%
Hughesy55100%
Jed Exodus55100%
Lappinitup55100%
Leedscanary55100%
Mister Chops55100%
Mr. Bump55100%
NCFCStar55100%
Newcastle Uni Canary55100%
Newyorkcanary55100%
Norfolkbroadslim55100%
Scooby55100%
Statto55100%
Swindon55100%
Yankee Canary55100%
Cityangel44100%
Mandie Moo''s Mear Kat 44100%
CDMullins33100%
Meth Canary33100%
Sports Desk Pete33100%
Boyo4580%
Excited Canary4580%
Ginger Pele4580%
Herman4580%
Hissing Sid4580%
Snake-eyes4580%
Til 10104580%
Vindo4580%
Dogger3475%
Inch High3475%
The Great Drinkell3475%
Trent Canary3475%
Davo2367%
Jellytot2367%
Brendo3560%
City-Til-I-Die3560%
Cosmic Twin3560%
Gareth3560%
GMF3560%
Graham Humphrey3560%
Kathy3560%
Norfolkchance13560%
nutty nigel3560%
NWC3560%
PurpleCanary 3560%

[quote user="aLeedscanary"]I think you need to have a look who should be top of the table more closely Eddie [;)]
[/quote]

Good try Kev! But although I''m sympathetic I feel it would only be a matter of time before we get aLappinitup gazumping you[;)] (It is him up there you know. I bet he''s dizzy!!)[:D]