Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for The Academy with the Pink un Pickers

Bayern, Bayern, Bayern, Bayern, Bayern, Bayern....Blah....

Middlesborough to beat Ipswich.

Boro are 2-0-0 at home

Ipswich are 1-0-1 away (including the 6-0 drubbing vs Blackpool)

Boro are mainly all homegrown players which is what this thread is all about!(Homegrown Players not Middlesborough)

21/20. are the odds.

Banana, really no need for comments like that. If multiple posters want to pick Bayern that''s fine, we all know how you like to pick and no one judges that, so it''s not fair for you to make comments like the above.

Would be different and go with Arsenal to beat Southampton, but you really just cannot trust them at the moment!So for me please nutty, Man Utd to smash Wigan! Good luck Mandie!

Belarus this week and table topping FC Bate Borisov to win at home against ninth placed Torpedo Zhodino

Stats:   Bate W14 D3 L3   Torpedo  W4(only one win away from home) D7 L10

Bet365 odds:  Bate 1/3  Torpedo 8/1  Draw  16/5

Good Luck Mandie and all PUPs

MC 

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

CSKA Sofia vs Vratsa - Home win

CSKA are only mid-table - P4 W1 D2 L1 F5 A3, however they have played 3 away games out of their first 4 fixtures.  CSKA (last seasons league runners-up, missing out on the title by 1 solitary point) narrowly lost their first game away at Liteks Lovetch, they drew their next 2 games and won their last game 4-1 away from home.

Vratsa are rock bottom - P4 W0 D0 L4 F1 A13.

CSKA should be far too strong for a poor Vratsa side who struggled in the league last season and have started even worse this season.  As a result this is reflected in the odds which are the worst you''ll find anywhere this weekend at 1/25!

Good luck everyone and the very best of luck Mandy (with an ie)[:)][Y]

[/quote]

Very tempted by CSKA, with the odds now down to 1/20! However even more tempted by a Croat team in yellow and green.

Istra 1961 to win at home against Zagreb.

Istra a so-so start to the season, with 11 points from seven games, but some tough fixtures in there, including against Dinamo Zagreb. Three wins and a draw in the last four.

Zagreb, by contrast, have lost every game, with a goal difference of -16. Their three away defeats have been 1-0, 5-1 and 6-0.

The odds are currently a competitive 8/13, which either means the bookies are paying too much attention to Istra''s mid-table position, or reckon Zagreb have to stop losing sometime...

Good luck to all!

After 2 draws I need to get back to winning ways.Man united to beat Wigan for me please.Good Luck All.

[quote user="Kathy "][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Kathy "]

[quote user="Mandie Moo"]Thanks for the intro Eddie and the link to the song that I am actually named after Mister Chops!!! Not quite sure what Mum was thinking but it''s quite nice hearing your drunk mates singing it on karaoke for you!!! Talking of Mum (Doris) - she is away bowling this week and can''t get to a computer so she''s left her pick with me, which is Man Utd home win against Wigan. Keep the picks coming and I''ll be back on Friday evening with my choices. Good Luck one and all :)[/quote]

At least it''s not the 10CC ''air crash Mandie''!

[/quote]

Now there''s an idea. Next time we have a party I can play all these "classics". And if you walk in with Tilly he can be Kathy''s Clown...

[/quote]

And I could wwell walk in with Big Bad John or Rockin'' Robin...............

[/quote]

oooh..oohh...oohhh

Whenever i''m sad whenever i''m blue

Whenever my troubles are heavy

Beneath the stars i play my guitar

just like Eddie.

oooh..oohh..oohhh

Now troubles may come and troubles may go

But you''ll always find me ready

upon the hill playing still

Just like Eddie.

oooh..oohh..ohhh

An old classic from the sixties by

[IMG]http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r28/thecoolpool/Heinz.gif[/IMG]  [;)]  

Good Luck to the lovely Mandie and the rest of the pups [:)]

My pick is Arsenal to beat Southampton.this week

Good luck this week Mandie!  I''m going to stick in England, but move down to The Championship where I expect:Middlesbrough to beat IpswichGood luck Mandie, and all you Pups.

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]I''ll head to Holland for a Feyenood Rotterdam HOME WIN over PEC Zwolle. Best of luck![/quote]Good luck Mandie!!!!!!Still waiting for a slice of the famous Banana Bread here [:(]I''m gonna go with newyork''s selection of FEYENOOD v Zwolle - HOME WIN!Come on m''dear!Leedscanary

Good Evening one and all. Thanks for this chance to make the selections - as usual, feeling very nervous about my selections!!

Bayern Munich -v- Mainz Home Win

Dumbarton -v- Dunfermline Away Win

Gillingham -v- Bristol Rovers Home Win

FC Bate Borisov -v- Torpedo Zhodino Home Win

CSKA Sofia -v- FC Botev Vratsa Home Win

MTK Budapest -v- Egri FC Home Win

Quite surprised how many foreign games I''ve ended up with, especially from Leagues I have hardly heard of!!!

My pick will be for Bayern Munich.

Fingers crossed for a few quid for our Academy lads and good luck to everyone with their selections.

Finally, thanks again to Eddie for keeping this wonderful thread going.

Aston Villa to beat Swansea for me, they will start to win games at home if they play like they did at Newcastle last week.

Good luck Mandy Moo, very sorry my pick is late, was meant to do it yesterday then it slipped my mind.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Kathy "]

[quote user="Mandie Moo"]Thanks for the intro Eddie and the link to the song that I am actually named after Mister Chops!!! Not quite sure what Mum was thinking but it''s quite nice hearing your drunk mates singing it on karaoke for you!!! Talking of Mum (Doris) - she is away bowling this week and can''t get to a computer so she''s left her pick with me, which is Man Utd home win against Wigan. Keep the picks coming and I''ll be back on Friday evening with my choices. Good Luck one and all :)[/quote]

At least it''s not the 10CC ''air crash Mandie''!

[/quote]

Now there''s an idea. Next time we have a party I can play all these "classics". And if you walk in with Tilly he can be Kathy''s Clown...

[/quote]

Nutty, you don''t normally do the weekly selector a disservice but you may have sold short the lovely Mandie ( at least that''s what cityangel says ).

If she were to "walk in" with Tilly that would generate very little attention because we all know that Tilly would be swaying his hips on his entrance. We know that because Ardee always said so and, as we know, Ardee never told a lie.

[quote user="Mandie Moo"]Good Evening one and all. Thanks for this chance to make the selections - as usual, feeling very nervous about my selections!! Bayern Munich -v- Mainz Home Win Dumbarton -v- Dunfermline Away Win Gillingham -v- Bristol Rovers Home Win FC Bate Borisov -v- Torpedo Zhodino Home Win CSKA Sofia -v- FC Botev Vratsa Home Win MTK Budapest -v- Egri FC Home Win Quite surprised how many foreign games I''ve ended up with, especially from Leagues I have hardly heard of!!! My pick will be for Bayern Munich. Fingers crossed for a few quid for our Academy lads and good luck to everyone with their selections. Finally, thanks again to Eddie for keeping this wonderful thread going.[/quote]

Thanks Mandie. You''ve made a brilliant job of sorting out this final six. It''s you PUPs that keep these wonderful threads alive. I just administer it on your behalf. I''d be rubbish at picking the final six so am a little concerned that you included my selection. But then I thought how happy I''d be if these won and my selection was part of it. And that''s how I know what all the PUPs are feeling when they try help the picker in the hot seat. But now they are chosen we all move on to get behing your final 6. That''s what I mean about the power of the PUPs being with you! So now all we need is that little bit of luck we always need to get all 6 home.

I''ve placed the bet with Bet365 and the potential return is a very healthy £53.85. Here are the details : -

Bet DetailsDate/TimeStakeReturn
Bayern Munich @ 1/6
Dunfermline @ 4/11
Gillingham @ 8/11
BATE Borisov @ 1/3
CSKA Sofia @ 1/20
MTK Budapest @ 2/5
6 Folds, 1 bet * £10.00
14/09/2012 23:51:1110.000.00
Total for this period 10.000.00

All the games are played today. FC Bate Borisov get us underway at 1pm followed by Bayern Munich at 2:30. Dunfirmline, Gillingham and CSKA Sofia kick off at 3pm and finally it''s Hungary at tea time when Budapest start 5:30.

Thanks again Mandie and good luck everyone[Y]

Yankee my friend, Arrdee always said Tilly swaying those hips would be poetry in motion.

Yes Newcy that''s one in the bag. Bayern 2-1 ahead, Dunfirmline 1-0 ahead, Gills 3-0 ahead and Sofia 1-0 ahead. Let''s hope they all keep their leads. It''s getting exciting PUPs...