Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Newcastles Defence

Looks like Coloccini might be feeling his hamstrings a bit, along with the full backs, simpson and taylor being out too. Hopefully a few more injuries tomorrow :P

We need to win a game that we''re not supposed to, eg Newcastle away to get back on track.

Really by now, we should have a win and a draw at home, and there should have been a draw at Fulham and a loss at Spurs if the game was played on paper.

Holt and Morison battered their defence last season at Carrow Road. Hope Hughton saw that on his dvds and goes for the same.

"So why bother supporting City then?

Unless of course you don''t."

What is happening to the World? Wiz is becoming City First. I feel a bit disorientated.

The more injuries the better. Let''s hope they are almost dead on their feet when we turn up at their place. Though it''s more likely that they''ll be well up for the game as it''s at home and they have a big enough squad.

Ben arfa could do with picking up a big ''knock'' against Maritimo on Thurs though;)

[quote user="York Canary"]

The more injuries the better. Let''s hope they are almost dead on their feet when we turn up at their place. Though it''s more likely that they''ll be well up for the game as it''s at home and they have a big enough squad.

Ben arfa could do with picking up a big ''knock'' against Maritimo on Thurs though;)

[/quote]

I feel a Hex coming on......................

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Will be untroubled by our attack.[/quote]

Really? West Ham were troubled, so were Spurs and QPR. All that wasn''t troubled was the back of the net. But we caused plenty of problems for the defence and keepers, we just were not good enough when it came to the final shot. Don''t know why people are missing that? We have not been poor in attack, our finishing has been sub standard, that is all, we are creating plenty of chances.

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Highland Canary"]Will be untroubled by our attack.[/quote] Really? West Ham were troubled, so were Spurs and QPR. All that wasn''t troubled was the back of the net. But we caused plenty of problems for the defence and keepers, we just were not good enough when it came to the final shot. Don''t know why people are missing that? We have not been poor in attack, our finishing has been sub standard, that is all, we are creating plenty of chances.[/quote]

Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah! [Y]

Add Newcastle to the list of teams I''m going to cite the next time somebody says "The Premier League is even stronger this year than last". They look very poor again and are lucky just to be the one behind at half time.

[quote user="Zak Burger"]Add Newcastle to the list of teams I''m going to cite the next time somebody says "The Premier League is even stronger this year than last". They look very poor again and are lucky just to be the one behind at half time.[/quote]Having said that, it''s now 1-1[;)]

"We have not been poor in attack, our finishing has been sub standard, that is all, we are creating plenty of chances."

So what you are saying is that we have been poor in attack then?

Now another (no.2) shocking decision. So much depends upon this nowadays.

Technology in ASAP. It works in cricket, rugby and tennis etc. This is 2012.

yes we hammered newcastle last season, but through a unique set of circumstances which out tactics exploited - they had 4 full backs playing with next to no aerial capability against morison and holt.

it was not so easy at st james park, but tiredness will hopefully mean we can get something out of this game

Great game tonight. Everton should have won because of two bad decisions.

I think Newcastle''s strength is their two strikers who from what I''ve seen score a good percentage of the chances that come their way. Let''s hope one or both are rested against us. Cisse and Ba worry me a lot more than the likes of Carroll. I hope we have one like that come through our academy because it''s unlikely we could ever afford to buy one.

Watching the game tonight Newcastle were very good going forward but weak at the back, I don''t think we will hold them but I''m sure we can score against them -- GO FOR IT !

Will they?  West Ham were pretty troubled by it, just unlucky we did not get one in the net.The doom and gloom considering we have one more point than last season, a better looking defence and against WH we created a ton of chances, is staggering.  This forum is full of people who really should take a long look at themselves.[quote user="Highland Canary"]Will be untroubled by our attack.[/quote]

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Will be untroubled by our attack.[/quote]

So why bother supporting City then?

Unless of course you don''t.

[/quote]

is that intended to be funny wiz?