Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

Holt looks a fat northern layabout

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]ZLF,

Steve''s not the most optimistic Norwich City fan, but a Norwich City fan (season ticket holder, regular away traveller, etc) nonetheless.
[/quote]

Sorry pete - I should have made it clear; 

I think Steves article is fine and through years of reading his pieces its clear he is a city fan;   my comments were made against  the post, copied below, by Steady on;   which adds nothing to the debate in question but is simply lazy derogatory trolling and sa so often factually incorrect.   Pete - if you can confirm whether steve needs to go to specsavers or not we will have a factual hat trick of own goals  [;)]  

Steady on

I''d steve gedge start this thread? Because I''ve just read his bit in the pinkun and it''s probably the worst piece of journalism ive ever read, pretty sure he isn''t a Norwich fan.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]ZLF,Steve''s not the most optimistic Norwich City fan, but a Norwich City fan (season ticket holder, regular away traveller, etc) nonetheless.[/quote]

Sorry pete - I should have made it clear; 

I think Steves article is fine and through years of reading his pieces its clear he is a city fan;   my comments were made against  the post, copied below, by Steady on;   which adds nothing to the debate in question but is simply lazy derogatory trolling and sa so often factually incorrect.   Pete - if you can confirm whether steve needs to go to specsavers or not we will have a factual hat trick of own goals  [;)]  

Steady on

I''d steve gedge start this thread? Because I''ve just read his bit in the pinkun and it''s probably the worst piece of journalism ive ever read, pretty sure he isn''t a Norwich fan.

[/quote]Noted. Steve wears glasses so one presumes he has already been to Specsavers...

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Steve''s not the most optimistic Norwich City fan, but a Norwich City fan (season ticket holder, regular away traveller, etc) nonetheless.
[/quote]

And Pete, nobody has questioned Steve''s credentials as a Norwich fan. But in the inetests of fairness will you now post the editors credentials as a Norwich fan?

[/quote]

I thought Steady On had?

Of course. The editor is a Blackpool fan. Previous editors of both titles have supported Peterborough, Newcastle, Spurs, Newcastle (again) in that order. The Head of Sport supports Peterborough, before him Aston Villa. He who has run this site for more than a decade supports Norwich City.
[/quote]

Well done Pete. So hereby promote you to Matron.

I hope that the Blackpool fan remains one and doesn''t suddenly start signing off with OTBC.

I have no problem with fans of other teams writing or posting on this site in whatever capacity. I think it can be helpful and promote better debate. However I do have a problem if they write under the guise of being a Norwich fan.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

And Pete, nobody has questioned Steve''s credentials as a Norwich fan. But in the inetests of fairness will you now post the editors credentials as a Norwich fan?

[/quote]

I thought Steady On had?

Of course. The editor is a Blackpool fan. Previous editors of both titles have supported Peterborough, Newcastle, Spurs, Newcastle (again) in that order. The Head of Sport supports Peterborough, before him Aston Villa. He who has run this site for more than a decade supports Norwich City.
[/quote]

With all these journos supporting various clubs and not City makes you wonder why they dive under their desks when the phone rings from FCR or Mr McNasty is seen heading towards Archant Towers. [:D]

Anyway Pete why was Mr.Pickover entrusted with organising 6inner celebrations for FA and UEFA cup finals if he is a Tangerine ? Would you be happy to have your photo taken wearing a 6inner tie and lapel badge in front of a 6inner montage ?

Steve''s not the most optimistic Norwich City fan, but a Norwich City fan nonetheless.
[/quote]

I had to read this twice before realising it was not me you were taling about!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought Steady On had?

[/quote]

Well done Pete. So hereby promote you to Matron.

I hope that the Blackpool fan remains one and doesn''t suddenly start signing off with OTBC.

I have no problem with fans of other teams writing or posting on this site in whatever capacity. I think it can be helpful and promote better debate. However I do have a problem if they write under the guise of being a Norwich fan.

[/quote]

NN - I am a one club man,   but I know of at least a dozen city season ticket holders who are passionate about Norwich but, following a move here from another part of the country, have another club as their main passion (from big clubs to the likes of Yeovil)   

Does their view not count?   

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Steve''s not the most optimistic Norwich City fan, but a Norwich City fan nonetheless.
[/quote]

I had to read this twice before realising it was not me you were taling about!

[/quote]

I reckon you''re a balanced centre Norwich City fan Zip. I''m probably on your optimistic side and Steve Gedge is on your pessimistic side. However neither of us is playing wide...

I actually pay for my EDP and to have it delivered daily, and the Steve Gedge column is fast becoming the most expensive toilet paper I''ve ever used!

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

However I do have a problem if they write under the guise of being a Norwich fan.

[/quote]

NN - I am a one club man,   but I know of at least a dozen city season ticket holders who are passionate about Norwich but, following a move here from another part of the country, have another club as their main passion (from big clubs to the likes of Yeovil)   

Does their view not count?   

[/quote]

Of course it counts. But not if they are undercover posting as someone else. I know and respect people who support all kinds of different clubs. But I would lose respect for them if they pretended to be something they''re not.

I was of the opinion in the summer that if clubs like West Ham were really offering 5 Million for him we should have taken it. Hes worth nowhere near that and I know he was a big player for us last season but still could have replaced him with that sort of money. Lets face it many strikers have had very good debut seasons in the prem before going on to do f*** all after, Dave Kitson, Marlon Harewood, Leroy Lita are a few which come to mind. I guess its early days and Holt may get going again soon but I cant help but feel we maybe should have cashed in.On a related note im really worrying about us not bringing in another striker. I guess Harry Kane could come good but as we saw last season when Holt doesnt play well we dont really tend to score and we are seeing that at the moment while for some reason our one striker who was showing any sort of scoring form in pre season is out on loan.

If we signed Ozil from Real Madrid would we find ourselves comparing him with Holt and asking whether his eyes are bigger than his stomach?

[quote user="Wiz"]I actually pay for my EDP and to have it delivered daily, and the Steve Gedge column is fast becoming the most expensive toilet paper I''ve ever used![/quote]

It must be with all those calls to DYNO-ROD, Wiz.