Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Fifa 13

OH MY GOD !  It''s not real people !!  Get out of your armchairs and get a life.  Is it any wonder England is going to fat and ruin.

Conglatulations everyone!

I have no idea what the heck you lot are taking about, and as a result I feel really old...

I can just about keep up with any debate about SensibleSoccer, but this FIFA thing... I had assumed from films, TV drama''s and music videos that "FEEFA" was a fictional device for comic effect...

PS. Is Fifa available on the Amiga?

[quote user="Scooby"]OH MY GOD !  It''s not real people !!  Get out of your armchairs and get a life.  Is it any wonder England is going to fat and ruin.[/quote] oh boo hoo people aren''t allowed to enjoy themselves are they? You sound like the kid whose parents never bought them any toys.

[quote user="Scooby"]OH MY GOD !  It''s not real people !!  Get out of your armchairs and get a life.  Is it any wonder England is going to fat and ruin.[/quote]

ah okay. so because I play probably around 2-3 hours of games (mostly FIFA) a week, I have no life? I see... I wonder how many hours you watch TV, because I basically don''t have the time to.

sort yourself out lad.

Its a football game that many people enjoy but it makes it less fun if your team and players are underrated!!! Especially as they try and make it as accurate as possible.

[quote user="Mahogany"]Several Reasons:

A PC does a lot more than a console so has more uses beyond gaming.

They''ll probably have pretty much stopped making PS3/360 games within a couple of years

Games are cheaper on PC, and there is a greater variety in what is available, Football Manager for a start.

No yearly fee for online (I know PS3 doesn''t have this)

Current games run and look better a lot better on PC than 360 or PS3.[/quote]

I am compelled at this point to say ''utter tosh!''

Primarily because it seems that there is a lot of information you handily ignore.

First off - Playstations and Xbox''s will be good for at least another generation of consoles - if not more. There are a gazillion reasons why but at this point I woul just remind you that consoles are now more geared towards ''family'' entertainment, or fun with friends. For example whilst it is possible to play on a PC with friends, it is currently far easier to do so on an xbox as without any hassle I can plug my console into the TV slap in the game and play with three friends.

Then I move on to ask why you think PC games are cheaper? They certainly are not on initial release. Yes their price declines rapidly after that but then it depends on the game. FIFA is a good example, if the game is second hand its worth very little because its the code to play online that is what people want.

Then you have to factor in other things. The xbox has been around for the best part of a decade. I have had mine for four or five years and whilst I would accept that they are now reaching the limit of its ability I have not had to upgrade the hardware once.

Take Battlefield 3 as an example, reletively recent top of the range game. I have friends that game PC and others that game xbox. The costs for additional content are the same. The difference? All bar maybe one had to upgrade their PC''s as well to play it.

That is the industry for PC''s. You want to use them for games you will have to continuously upgrade as the next level of hardware capability comes out and the game companies produce games to run at the new levels which results in people buying new hardware, software or even completely new systems.

Eventually the whole lot will just be one anyway. Especially considering xbox is just a consoled PC. TV''s is where it is at and that is where the tech will be based in the future. Not PCs which are typically situated in the corner of a room or in a small room and historically suit lone gamers rather than the social gamers.

You can generally get PC games for £30 on release day. Add to that the regular sales run by services like Steam and Origin that often discount relatively new games up to 75%

These days all gaming PCs will have an hdmi port so can be run through a TV. If you have an Xbox that has lasted 5 years you are very lucky, they usually break after about 3. As for having to upgrade for battlefield that will depend on how they want to run it. If they''re happy to have it run at the same resolution and graphical quality as the 360 version then a reasonable spec 4-5 year old machine should run it fine.

[quote user="Scooby"]OH MY GOD !  It''s not real people !!  Get out of your armchairs and get a life.  Is it any wonder England is going to fat and ruin.[/quote]

no, its a game its meant to be fun.

all work and no play makes scooby a dull boy

[quote user="Mahogany"]You can generally get PC games for £30 on release day. Add to that the regular sales run by services like Steam and Origin that often discount relatively new games up to 75%

These days all gaming PCs will have an hdmi port so can be run through a TV. If you have an Xbox that has lasted 5 years you are very lucky, they usually break after about 3. As for having to upgrade for battlefield that will depend on how they want to run it. If they''re happy to have it run at the same resolution and graphical quality as the 360 version then a reasonable spec 4-5 year old machine should run it fine.[/quote]

Yup. But that defeats your point of saying it looks better on PC - only if you can afford to keep upping spec. And a new decent graphics card isn''t cheap.

PC games can be £30, but they can also be more. Just like some console games are £30 and some are more.

As I stated, my point was that the PC games tend to be cheaper to offset the fact that die-hard pc gamers will buy a game and want to run it at a decent spec. Especially if it is to be online. Therefore it would be a tad harsh for them to charge £40 and then know you are going to have to fork out more to update your pc.

Each have their places though. If you are of a limited budget a console can actually be the best in terms of longevity (if you look after it). PC''s can be good if you want to spend the time and money on them.

Like you say you can link a PC up to a TV but how many PC people do that in their lounge? For use with friends in the same room.

Things like Kinnect and Wii have shown a whole new level of gaming for the family which the PC will find hard to beat. The console is far from dead.

The console is far from dead !

Game revenue is on par with movies & console gaming is a huge chunk of that.

New consoles will come out over the next 2 years but it will take about 4 years for the 360 & PS3 to be ousted in terms of popularity so until then the current consoles will be fine.

I own everything & I can tell you there is a place for PC gaming & console gaming.

As for the FIFA ratings ....

Our opening result Vs. Fulham & Swansea''s goalfest start will having something to do with the ratings.

BUT if you by FIFA season or whatever it''s called player & team ratings change with real life events so we would hope Norwich''s ratings will change accordingly !

[quote user="mrs miggins"]

[/quote]
Sorry Mum [:(]  My point is that the computer generation who sit on their arses and play games all day instead of actually getting out and doing it for real are the main reason that obesity rates among the young of this country are soaring.
And as for the suggestion of raising some sort of protest group because you don''t like the way the game is set up!  Well I''m going to complain to the makers of Cluedo because Grant Holt isn''t one of the characters.  How very dare they !!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Scooby, your a prat. What a load of generic BS.[/quote]
I don''t think so Ginge.  And there''s no need to be rude. Another thing that''s fallen by the wayside with this generation appears to be respect for ones elders [:O]

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Scooby, your a prat. What a load of generic BS.[/quote]
I don''t think so Ginge.  And there''s no need to be rude. Another thing that''s fallen by the wayside with this generation appears to be respect for ones elders [:O]
[/quote]And the correct use of *you''re*........[;)]

Scooby, you were already being rude. Don''t you think your accusations against a bunch of people you don''t know were just a tad rude? How on earth do you know your right? How do you know how much time anyone posting in this thread (other than the guy who told you he plays 2/3 hours a week) plays games? How do you know the weight of anyone in this thread?

Why should I have any respect for you? What reason have you given anyone in this thread to respect you?

I''ll answer all of the above questions for you, NONE.

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="mrs miggins"]

[/quote]

Sorry Mum [:(]  My point is that the computer generation who sit on their arses and play games all day instead of actually getting out and doing it for real are the main reason that obesity rates among the young of this country are soaring.

And as for the suggestion of raising some sort of protest group because you don''t like the way the game is set up!  Well I''m going to complain to the makers of Cluedo because Grant Holt isn''t one of the characters.  How very dare they !!

[/quote]

so it wouldn''t be the fast food  then? And whats with the ''mum'' comment btw, i think i''m missing something?

these look very much like the fifa 12 ratings. if you look at other teams ie man utd. fletcher who has been out a year is still 81 which he currently is on fifa 12. ???

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="mrs miggins"]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I''ll refer to my earlier point. I''m sure many people in their 30s on wards sit in front of the TV more than ''our generation'' do with video games. but for some reason video games have a stigma with them

sorry if, when I''m in front of the TV i''d rather play something strategic like FIFA to stimulate my mind, than watch big brother and actually feel my brain-cells dying.

Scooby is a typical "old man". Thinks he can say what he wants about the younger generation but as soon as we retaliate he gets all defensive and moans about us not respecting there elders. Well Scooby I don''t respect you, you tw@t.