Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Fifa 13

The only bonus is that we may potentially have some good silver players in Ultimate Team this year, especially Holt. I think you''re right with the overalls not being final, on the FIFA 12 demo David Villa''s overall was 90 when in the game he starts at 88.For people who don''t know the franchise overalls are based on different stats and attributes players have on the game. They are given ratings out of 99 for things such as shot power, short pass long pass, standing tackle etc and formulate an average of the stats for the overall. The highest rated players is Messi (94) followed by Ronaldo (92), Rooney (90) and Robben (90).

my point about the stats not being final was that the site was simply composed by someone(s) with too much time on their hands. It simply takes all of last years FIFA stats and people modify them in to what they think is ''correct'' for this season. they don''t have a leg to stand on IMO

[quote user="Across The Pond Yellow"]my point about the stats not being final was that the site was simply composed by someone(s) with too much time on their hands. It simply takes all of last years FIFA stats and people modify them in to what they think is ''correct'' for this season. they don''t have a leg to stand on IMO[/quote]Chuzz, the "person with too much time on their hands" has revealed the corrects stats last year for FIFA 12 and EA have stated on their Twitter page that the stats they have released is real but test data and not final.

FIFA ratings are wildly inaccurate if you ask me.

To make players like Messi the best they ''boost'' certain stats which push up the average to make them the best even when they are probably not as good as other players in certain areas.

What I mean by this is that if you take a defensive player you expect them to be better in marking, tracking players and all round tackling. I have found that some of the ''great players'' have had some of these areas improved to boost their average to make them the best overall when reality is different.

At the end of the day it is a computer game. Its not real. And the stats reflect the reality they want to paint not the one that we see.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]So if you were me and had a PS2 in the attic but nothing currently "hooked up", should I go for PS3 or an XBox 360?

[/quote]

it depends on if you want play online for the majority of the time. The PS3 is free online (although the PS3 is more expensive, you do get your money''s worth). But if you want to just play by yourself (e.g career mode on fifa, which is meant to be very good this year) then go with the xbox as it has slightly better graphics, yet will have to pay for your online subscription.

personally i have a PS3, the graphics aren''t all that much worse and the the xbox looks like a cheap computer

[quote user="Mister Chops"]So if you were me and had a PS2 in the attic but nothing currently "hooked up", should I go for PS3 or an XBox 360?

[/quote]
Both play about the same. There isn''t much difference between the two. The two most important things are:
A) Do you mind paying for an online service? Gold membership (which allows you to play online and get demos earlier etc.) Has a fee. The standard PS3 online service does not (although they have introduced a ''plus'' account which costs money.
B) What console do your friends have (if any), if you want to play online games with your friends, then pick the same console as them.
Also if you have any interest in games other than FIFA, I''d recommend the PS3 as it has the better exclusives (games made for that console exclusively), whilst the XBOX really only has Halo. Although I believe the Xbox updates more frequently and is looked upon more favorably by third-party developers. 

[quote user="mrs miggins"]

[/quote]

it depends on if you want play online for the majority of the time. The PS3 is free online (although the PS3 is more expensive, you do get your money''s worth). But if you want to just play by yourself (e.g career mode on fifa, which is meant to be very good this year) then go with the xbox as it has slightly better graphics, yet will have to pay for your online subscription.

personally i have a PS3, the graphics aren''t all that much worse and the the xbox looks like a cheap computer

[/quote]
From what I understand, the PS3 itself has superior hardware, but most game companies chose not to exploit it. Companies like Naughty Dog (who made the Uncharted series) that develop exclusively for the PS3 use the superior hardware to it''s full advantage meaning, graphically, it blows most XBOX 360 games out of the water.

I wouldn''t get a PS3 or a 360 at this point, a new generation of consoles should come out next year and so you should either wait for then one of them, or wait until the new consoles get announced as that will cause a large drop in the price of the 360 and PS3.

If you want something for now get a PC and plug it in to your TV. You can put a reasonable machine together for about £300, the games will look better than the console versions, they''re cheaper and will last you longer.

[quote user="Mahogany"]I wouldn''t get a PS3 or a 360 at this point, a new generation of consoles should come out next year and so you should either wait for then one of them, or wait until the new consoles get announced as that will cause a large drop in the price of the 360 and PS3.

If you want something for now get a PC and plug it in to your TV. You can put a reasonable machine together for about £300, the games will look better than the console versions, they''re cheaper and will last you longer.[/quote]
So far only the Wii-u has been announced, Microsoft and Sony are staying very quiet at this point (and, lets face it, an announcement won''t be made until E3 so it''s still going to be awhile) and games will still be developed for the 360/PS3 even when the new consoles are released (the PS2 still has games being developed for it now 12 years after release). If you can get a 360/PS3 and a copy of FIFA for less than £250 surely it''s worth it for the couple of years of entertainment you''d get from it?

Several Reasons:

A PC does a lot more than a console so has more uses beyond gaming.

They''ll probably have pretty much stopped making PS3/360 games within a couple of years

Games are cheaper on PC, and there is a greater variety in what is available, Football Manager for a start.

No yearly fee for online (I know PS3 doesn''t have this)

Current games run and look better a lot better on PC than 360 or PS3.

I suppose if it''s basically just a FIFA machine you are looking for then go PS3. The 360 and PS3 versions will be pretty much identical but on PS3 you get free online play.

If you have any desire to game beyond that and have a bit of spare cash PC is definitely the platform to get. The higher upfront cost will more than pay for itself over the lifetime of the system.

I would assume from his posts with working quotes that he already has a PC.

Also, my 5 year old PS3 still plays brand new releases just fine. A 5 year old PC would barely be able to run the latest version of solitaire.

[quote user="Mahogany"]I suppose if it''s basically just a FIFA machine you are looking for then go PS3. The 360 and PS3 versions will be pretty much identical but on PS3 you get free online play.

If you have any desire to game beyond that and have a bit of spare cash PC is definitely the platform to get. The higher upfront cost will more than pay for itself over the lifetime of the system.[/quote]
On this I have to agree, whilst I do have access to a console, my PC is my true gaming machine. If you''re primarily buying for FIFA (and any other game is a bonus) go console, if however you want an entirely new console, go PC. Whilst a new, custom-made PC, from a major supplier (i.e. Dell) is expensive, you can get it for half the price if you talk to a smaller business or you can get it at cost if you''re willing to build it yourself (which isn''t as hard as it sounds). 

flying high up in the sky!:''FIFA looks and plays better on ps3 by far. Pc is good but for games you can''t beat the ps3 or Xbox to be fair.''
When it comes to FIFA (and most sports games) I''d be inclined to agree, sports games are made for consoles and then ported (rather poorly) to a PC. PC''s however are superior in most cases to a console, if you can afford to buy a decent machine.

FIFA looks identical on 360 and PS3, it comes down to which controller you prefer and whether you want to play online. PC is the only version that looks better because you can run at a higher resolution and a better frame rate (and you can use either a PS3 or a 360 controller if you want). PC gaming has come on leaps and bounds over the last couple of years. Currently if a game comes out on console and PC the PC is always the version to get if you have the choice, and you''ll save yourself £10-15 in the process.

As for the 5 year old PC thing, that would depend on what your 5 year old PC was like in the first place, if it was high-ish end 5 years ago it''d still be OK now. And your lucky if you have a 5 year old PS3 or 360 that is still working...

But I think maybe we''re getting a little off topic.

Does PES have real teams in the Premiership yet? Been years since I tried it

[quote user="Mahogany"]FIFA looks identical on 360 and PS3, it comes down to which controller you prefer and whether you want to play online. PC is the only version that looks better because you can run at a higher resolution and a better frame rate (and you can use either a PS3 or a 360 controller if you want). PC gaming has come on leaps and bounds over the last couple of years. Currently if a game comes out on console and PC the PC is always the version to get if you have the choice, and you''ll save yourself £10-15 in the process.

As for the 5 year old PC thing, that would depend on what your 5 year old PC was like in the first place, if it was high-ish end 5 years ago it''d still be OK now. And your lucky if you have a 5 year old PS3 or 360 that is still working...

But I think maybe we''re getting a little off topic.

Does PES have real teams in the Premiership yet? Been years since I tried it[/quote]
It has two licensed Premier League teams that change with each release.

Didn''t realise so many of you had Fifa on PC, thought I was one of the very few who did! We shall have to have a game sometime or something!

wow, it''s been so long since I played FIFA 12 UT (thought i''d quickly pop on before I go out), that I didn''t realise that they updated the players squads (Ie, we have bassong, turner, etc.) nice to see us having more than just Hoolahan in the gold section

Did any of you actually notice that on the Chuzzz website in flashing red letters it says that the ratings are not final and they are just test data and will be changed, so there is not point getting wound up over the ratings until they release the confirmed ratings in a week or so just a little before the games comes out