Sign in to follow this  
Oz Canary

How much money does QPR have!!!!!

[quote user="Mike"]So a clus team spirit depends on how big they are and who they compete with? Lol come on all these team spirit arguments are absolute rubbish seriously every player wants to wins games and progress so to say we dot have team spirit because we have bought players is ridiculous. What makes your team spirit different to ours ? Does buying championship players mean they have more spirit ? Than buying players who have won titles champions leagues ect.[/quote]

Probably. Because those players are on an upward curve proving themselves while players who have won titles, champions leagues etc are on the way back down having done it. The fact that you signed them is proof that they are now unable to compete at the level they would like and they can look forward to regressing further or retirement.

What gives you the right to come on here and call my post ridiculous? I at least took the time to explain my point of view civilly to you. I quite like discussing things with fans of other clubs as long as they can make some effort to see the other point of view.

We have just bought land to build a state of the art training facility. The signings know our plans.

I can understand people view on our wages budget ect but when they say we have no team spirit it is ridiculous every team has team spirit they all want to win. It doesn''t matter of you pay a player 100k or 30k they will still have team spirit or where you buy them from or how many players you buy. Does reading have team spirit or Southampton? How about fulham and Sunderland when try got promoted they spent 30+ mil each on players yet they have team spirit.

If you was to say the team will lack chemistry that is understandable it will take all these new player time to gel as a team.

Just to clear this up- Tony Fernandes has a personal wealth of around one billion whereas Lakshmi Mittal has far more than Abrahmovic could dream of. Financial fairplay is bypassed because Fernandes'' airline "Air Asia" sponsors the club, thus he can pour money in without breaking any rules.

We are building a squad quickly and have what seems a decent manager so far in Hughes. It is inevitable that teams like yourselves and Fulham who lack any real funding and have no real chance of ever winning anything will grow increasingly bitter as they see the likes of Julio Cesar and Granero join. Who would you rather in your starting 11- Cesar or Ruddy? Granero or Bradley Johnson? Be serious, you''d love to be in our financial situation.

You''re a club with good following but you''re not an attractive prospect for potential investors. We''re in London, the hub of the entire nation, a place where the likes of Granero want to come and live, you''re in Norwich and half your fans are Amish.

[quote user="EstebanGranero"]Just to clear this up- Tony Fernandes has a personal wealth of around one billion whereas Lakshmi Mittal has far more than Abrahmovic could dream of. Financial fairplay is bypassed because Fernandes'' airline "Air Asia" sponsors the club, thus he can pour money in without breaking any rules. We are building a squad quickly and have what seems a decent manager so far in Hughes. It is inevitable that teams like yourselves and Fulham who lack any real funding and have no real chance of ever winning anything will grow increasingly bitter as they see the likes of Julio Cesar and Granero join. Who would you rather in your starting 11- Cesar or Ruddy? Granero or Bradley Johnson? Be serious, you''d love to be in our financial situation. You''re a club with good following but you''re not an attractive prospect for potential investors. We''re in London, the hub of the entire nation, a place where the likes of Granero want to come and live, you''re in Norwich and half your fans are Amish.[/quote]

Come on people, admit it, that was bloody funny! [:D]

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="EstebanGranero"]Just to clear this up- Tony Fernandes has a personal wealth of around one billion whereas Lakshmi Mittal has far more than Abrahmovic could dream of. Financial fairplay is bypassed because Fernandes'' airline "Air Asia" sponsors the club, thus he can pour money in without breaking any rules. We are building a squad quickly and have what seems a decent manager so far in Hughes. It is inevitable that teams like yourselves and Fulham who lack any real funding and have no real chance of ever winning anything will grow increasingly bitter as they see the likes of Julio Cesar and Granero join. Who would you rather in your starting 11- Cesar or Ruddy? Granero or Bradley Johnson? Be serious, you''d love to be in our financial situation. You''re a club with good following but you''re not an attractive prospect for potential investors. We''re in London, the hub of the entire nation, a place where the likes of Granero want to come and live, you''re in Norwich and half your fans are Amish.[/quote]

Come on people, admit it, that was bloody funny! [:D]

[/quote]

I guess..

Which half are you in though Wiz[:^)]

Yeah to be fair I did laugh.

Though no you''re wrong, I''d rather do it our way, I wouldn''t trade our soul for success. And yeah, we might go down, but it won''t be the end of the world, we''re well set up for the Championship if need be.

Genuine question, does it bother you that your signings have probably never even heard of you and only even think of signing for you when you wave the chequebook in their face?

[quote user="Infidel Castro"]Its going to be so great when QPR get relegated
[/quote]

I think last season was the year for that. Hughes is a donkey though and will be sacked by xmas I reckon

I wonder if anyone has entertained the possibilty that Fernandez is aiming for qpr to be relegated. Just imagine if one of us was minted and brought into the binners. Leaving them relegated and bankrupt would be worth cutting your losses. After all what''s the point of being loaded if you can''t enjoy spending it. And of course Fernandez has the added bonus of taking up one of the relegation places that otherwise may be occupied by his true love West Ham.

Of course they''ve heard of us, they''ve heard of you, the premier league is the biggest and best league in the world and we played a huge part in the title race on the final day of the season.

Of course they are enticed by the money, as you would be. Let me ask you a question. Doing the job you currently do, if you were asked to move to another company, doing the very same thing but on significantly higher wages, would you turn that job down? You''ll probably say no but in the face of it, loyalty to your original employer wouldn''t even come into your mind. Football is a profession, it''s not the players fault that they are offered such high wages, if someone is prepared to pay you that much money, you''re going to take it.

We don''t even pay significantly more to our players than other teams in the league who wish to sign players of a similar quality, it''s just at this very moment we are a small, family club which is in the process of being transformed into something far bigger.

I’ve often checked on here in the build up to and post our game last week, so thought I’d another QPR perspective.

I think us (QPR), Swansea and Norwich will be constantly looking at each other due to our promotion together and then all of us surviving in the prem (some in style, us not so much).

Firstly QPR – yes we are spending big money (although not even in top half of the league for spending this summer) and big wages (although again not as much as reported).

Yes this money has come into the club in the form of ‘soft’ loans from rich owners.

And yes, if they pull out we’ll have to drastically cut our cost base (unless the replacement owners are also wealthy benefactors).

But let’s face it, they are no more likely to pull out than the owners of Fulham (£200m debt to Al Fayed), Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Soton etc etc.  And if they do, we have a lot of valuable assets that would be easy to move on (Granero, Cesar, Faurlin etc etc) to cut our cloth accordingly.  It’s not the Portsmouth-style apocalypse people want to believe it is.  Plus stadium size is not hugely relevent because the matchday revenue is such a small part of any prem clubs revenue stream compared to TV and sponsorship deals etc

Secondly Norwich – which of the following signings are ‘young and hungry and on an upward curve’ as you claim:

28 year old Turner, 27 year old Garrido, 28 year old Whittaker or 26 year old Bassong??   And they all took a pay cut to join for the love of Norwich did they?

Also we have had identical starts to the season, so your team spirit isn’t helping much so far, while our new signings can potentially bed in and transform us…

If you genuinely are entertaining that as a possibility as to why Fernandes bought the club and has gone on to pour millions into the club in terms of champions league winning players, new training facility and plans for a new stadium then you alone are the reason why Norwich fans have been stereotyped as thick.

[quote user="Lurking_QPR_ fan"]

Also we have had identical starts to the season

[/quote]

Longtime lurker, first time poster inspired to join to point out that, actually, we lost 5-0 away and drew at home, you did the opposite, which is not quite the same, actually, as identical, actually...

[quote user="EstebanGranero"]Just to clear this up- Tony Fernandes has a personal wealth of around one billion whereas Lakshmi Mittal has far more than Abrahmovic could dream of. Financial fairplay is bypassed because Fernandes'' airline "Air Asia" sponsors the club, thus he can pour money in without breaking any rules. We are building a squad quickly and have what seems a decent manager so far in Hughes. It is inevitable that teams like yourselves and Fulham who lack any real funding and have no real chance of ever winning anything will grow increasingly bitter as they see the likes of Julio Cesar and Granero join. Who would you rather in your starting 11- Cesar or Ruddy? Granero or Bradley Johnson? Be serious, you''d love to be in our financial situation. You''re a club with good following but you''re not an attractive prospect for potential investors. We''re in London, the hub of the entire nation, a place where the likes of Granero want to come and live, you''re in Norwich and half your fans are Amish.

[/quote]

True, and the other half tend to be rather reclusive and unused to and uncomfortable with modern life...[8-|]

Actually what I have noticed, looking at the views of QPR fans in The Guardian, is that they tend to be rather defensive about their spending (the latest available figures showed a 183 per cent wages to turnover ratio) but rationalise any comments from rival fans about this as the product of bitterness.

"...big-spending Paris Saint-Germain are set to clinch today''s first major signing in France after agreeing terms with Ajax right-back Gregory van der Wiel. According to AFP, the Dutch international is on his way to the French capital to sign a four-year deal. The 24-year-old - who would have to compete with captain Christophe Jallet for a first-team place - will cost around £4.5m, thus taking PSG''s summer haul to a mammoth £114.5m."

That''s what you call real spending power! [:O]

Not sure what our resident QPR fans will think when their ground has a full audience, but no participants. The foreign fans will pay the high ticket prices, but simply won''t participate. Start a song and you''ll get a bewildered look before they go back to tuck into their sweet and sour prawns.

At Chelski and Fulham, you can hear a pin drop most of the time ("5-0 up and you still don''t sing!"). I imagine it''s a bit like going to the opera. Not quite sure what Stan Bowles or Frank McClintock would make of it all.

[quote user="Lurking_QPR_ fan"]

Firstly QPR – yes we are spending big money (although not even in top half of the league for spending this summer) and big wages (although again not as much as reported).

[/quote]And you know how much you''re spending on wages do you?QPR are not an attractive club, come on be honest.  You have poor training facilities, a terrible ground and much larger neighbours.  We suffer similarly because of our ''cut off'' location (although if you stuck NCFC in the centre of London we would immediately become far more attractive).  You have to be extremely blinkered if you think these players are interested for any other reason apart from inflated wages.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

"...big-spending Paris Saint-Germain are set to clinch today''s first major signing in France after agreeing terms with Ajax right-back Gregory van der Wiel. According to AFP, the Dutch international is on his way to the French capital to sign a four-year deal. The 24-year-old - who would have to compete with captain Christophe Jallet for a first-team place - will cost around £4.5m, thus taking PSG''s summer haul to a mammoth £114.5m."

[/quote]

It was when we didn''t offer to better the 14m euro net annual salary that PSG are paying Ibrahimovic that I lost all patience with Delia and her penny-pinching.

A new training ground is in the process of being built as I understand it after we bought a new plot of land. With regards to the stadium, you''re right, it''s too small and is dated. Again though, we''ve got plans to build a new stadium, being designed by the same people that did the olympic stadium.

Say what you like about QPR, but there is no denying our club''s ambition and the willingness of our owners. We have a project and I believe in time it will work.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="First Wazzock"]

[/quote]

It was when we didn''t offer to better the 14m euro net annual salary that PSG are paying Ibrahimovic that I lost all patience with Delia and her penny-pinching.

[/quote]

You are in fact Wiz and I claim my £10 [:D]

[quote user="EstebanGranero"]If you genuinely are entertaining that as a possibility as to why Fernandes bought the club and has gone on to pour millions into the club in terms of champions league winning players, new training facility and plans for a new stadium then you alone are the reason why Norwich fans have been stereotyped as thick.[/quote]

[quote user="EstebanGranero"]^^^ to the guy that claimed Fernandes bought us so West Ham have one less premier league rival[/quote]

Wow. Now you are outstaying your welcome if you think it''s ok to come on here and state that Norwich fans are stereotyped as thick. Could you please leave that honour for the closet binners who regularly post that nonsense on this board. I reckon you''re a shilling short if you took that post seriously. But I''ll give you this to ponder.....

If you suddenly won Euromillions would you sink the lot into West Ham hoping that they stay up at the expense of the little clubs like your own qpr?

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Lurking_QPR_ fan"]

[/quote]

And you know how much you''re spending on wages do you?

QPR are not an attractive club, come on be honest.  You have poor training facilities, a terrible ground and much larger neighbours.  We suffer similarly because of our ''cut off'' location (although if you stuck NCFC in the centre of London we would immediately become far more attractive).  You have to be extremely blinkered if you think these players are interested for any other reason apart from inflated wages.
[/quote]

Tony Fernandez knows how much we are paying on wages and he says the wage bill is slightly down on last year - i think i''ll believe him over you and the press.

Why aren''t we an attractive club again?  We are located in London (an big draw for players), we are in the premier league, we are receiving a lot of press coverage, we are signing high profile players (Park, Cesar, Cisse etc) have ambitious but tangible plans (new training ground and stadium) and we have a high profile manager (ex Man Utd, Bayern, Barca player) however much you dislike him.

Also we are paying competitive wages which of course is a factor.  But sorry, i forgot that Snodgrass, Turner, Whittaker and Garrido are lifelong Norwich fans playing for love are they?

Loftus Road is small but atmospheric stadium and i doubt the players really care about the lack of leg room and long toilet queues, plsu we''ve already upgraded our training ground to suit us until the new one is developed.

"Loftus Road is small but atmospheric stadium"

Legoland will just become sparkly legoland with tickets at £50 a throw, like at Chelski, and no atmosphere, like at Chelski.

So basically you''ll just become Chelsea. Enjoy!