Sign in to follow this  
Oz Canary

How much money does QPR have!!!!!

That''s bringing me down too, mate... I hate the club and hope it all goes pearshaped for them. It''s not jealousy, it''s just that this money is destroying the sport I love. We''re talking about a cr¨*py club with a cr*¨py stadium in West-London. Some ar%*%le with money turns up and suddenly they''re signing one player after the other.

I will always support Norwich City, but if this trend continues in football, I might stop following it like I used to.

You forgot to mentio the cr*ppy support.

Clubs like QPR are becoming a gravy train for players of a certain ilk.

We would hope that City players are a little concerned each time a new boy is brought in who plays in their position, eg Tierney/Garrido, Johnson/Tettee etc.

I get the impression that some QPR players are pleased when this happens as it pushes them down the pecking order so that they can sit on their bums getting paid for f-all. There are an increasing number of players like this in the game nowadays because of the money involved. All they seem to have to do is make suitable noises about fighting for their place etc. and they are accepted.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

You forgot to mentio the cr*ppy support.

Clubs like QPR are becoming a gravy train for players of a certain ilk.

We would hope that City players are a little concerned each time a new boy is brought in who plays in their position, eg Tierney/Garrido, Johnson/Tettee etc.

I get the impression that some QPR players are pleased when this happens as it pushes them down the pecking order so that they can sit on their bums getting paid for f-all. There are an increasing number of players like this in the game nowadays because of the money involved. All they seem to have to do is make suitable noises about fighting for their place etc. and they are accepted.

[/quote]

We gave spent a total of 8.5m on transfers hardly big time spending lol. Maybe people should check out stoke or Sunderland hey even reading and Southampton they have spent more than us at qpr. It''s just we are on the headlines more so it seems we are splashing the cash. Tony has stated several times now on ssn interviews that we have have a very strict budget in all accounts and that it is mandatory we do not spend above our means which we are not.

Unless something changes today they still have crap defence I mean Ferdinand and Clint Hill in central defence, Traore as LB.

I''m not sure how they are going to comply with Financial Fairplay with minimal capacity and turnout compared to most teams and without selling players...? Do they have a massive sponsorship deal like Man City with Etihad?

What a great shame one of these mega-rich football owners did not find a long lost relative in Rochdale and decided to invest their billions there.

It would then highlight the damage that they are doing to the game.

Football clubs are fast becoming, if they haven''t already, playthings of the mega-rich.

Whatever is happening to ''The People''s Game''?

This is why ultimately I don''t think QPR will go down. They will just keep chucking money at the situation until they find a formula that works. They will be able to attract some serious name players despite them have a terrible fanbase and terrible facilities. Don''t underestimate the lure of playing in London on £60/70k + a week. It''s massive to a lot of these players and can you blame them? But Fernandes and Mittal must behind the scences be asking some serious questions as hard nosed businessmen who have made their fortunes through making every penny count. How have we spent so much money yet we look no better than Norwich and vastly inferior to Swansea? Both who have spent a fraction of what we have? How come for all our investment is Faurlin probably still our best player?

Textbook Wizard having a dig at Delia Smith and the board. The reality is Wizard a lot of this money isn''t actually Fernandes''s. If there is such a thing Fernandes is a relatively "poor" millionaire in football terms with a personal fortune of around £200 million. The real investment is coming from Lakshmi Mittal who is 21st richest man in the world. He was never in the frame to invest in Norwich City.

Julio Cesar & Rob Green both on £50k a week. Thats just laughable. I bet no other club in the world has a 2nd choice keeper on £50k a week. They were crap against and all. If we would of spent all that money on fees and wages i would not be happy with the squad Hughes has put together. Too many players who are there for big wages who just don''t care.

[quote user="Jacko"]

Textbook Wizard having a dig at Delia Smith and the board. The reality is Wizard a lot of this money isn''t actually Fernandes''s. If there is such a thing Fernandes is a relatively "poor" millionaire in football terms with a personal fortune of around £200 million. The real investment is coming from Lakshmi Mittal who is 21st richest man in the world. He was never in the frame to invest in Norwich City.

[/quote]

Not a dig at anyone Jacko, I wouldn''t want him involved at City, no way, he''d want our soul too, no, I just said it could have been us.

Don''t leap in next time,  or read whats not there please.

Money is not enough.... they also need team spirit, and that cannot be bought. They will continue to struggle.

Yes, Granero is a quality player but are they building a good team, or a team of good individuals? Time will tell, but I''m not overly worried, especially with Hughes at the helm.

To be honest, we were never going to be able to complete with the money they are throwing around, but at least we are building a stable club and environment.

Put it this way, would you rather have a bunch of Prem journeymen and "big team" third choice players on silly money, or a young team who desperately want to play for the shirt and prove themselves? Advantages and disadvantages to both recruitment methods, but I know which approach I would prefer...

[quote user="paul moy"]Money is not enough.... they also need team spirit, and that cannot be bought. They will continue to struggle.[/quote]

In fact Paul, its their superstar ego''s which can, and do, destroy a teams spirit.

[quote user="Wiz"]It could have been us imo, but we I believe only wanted ''Tony'' to invest and not own.[/quote]

And thank god it was not. I would then have to stop having a season ticket , and protest and be a armchair fan like you !!

[quote user="Wiz"]It could have been us imo, but we I believe only wanted ''Tony'' to invest and not own.[/quote]

And thank god it was not. I would then have to stop having a season ticket , and protest and be a armchair fan like you !!

what Jacko said.

Tony F is a pauper compared to Mittal.

Mittal owns the biggest steel company in the world...shame he doesnt do something to sort out that rust bucket of a stadium...something tells me they''ll be moving soon.

[quote user="Mike"]

We gave spent a total of 8.5m on transfers hardly big time spending lol. Maybe people should check out stoke or Sunderland hey even reading and Southampton they have spent more than us at qpr. It''s just we are on the headlines more so it seems we are splashing the cash. Tony has stated several times now on ssn interviews that we have have a very strict budget in all accounts and that it is mandatory we do not spend above our means which we are not.[/quote]You conveniently avoided the question of how much you''re paying in wages Mike!I can''t help thinking QPR would have been better off with half the number of players of double the quality.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Jacko"]

[/quote]

Not a dig at anyone Jacko, I wouldn''t want him involved at City, no way, he''d want our soul too, no, I just said it could have been us.

Don''t leap in next time,  or read whats not there please.

[/quote]

In hindsight, but what about at the time he has rumoured to be interested in us? I seem to remember some saying that they would take anyone as owners as long as it got rid of Delia et al.

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="Mike"]

We gave spent a total of 8.5m on transfers hardly big time spending lol. Maybe people should check out stoke or Sunderland hey even reading and Southampton they have spent more than us at qpr. It''s just we are on the headlines more so it seems we are splashing the cash. Tony has stated several times now on ssn interviews that we have have a very strict budget in all accounts and that it is mandatory we do not spend above our means which we are not.[/quote]You conveniently avoided the question of how much you''re paying in wages Mike!I can''t help thinking QPR would have been better off with half the number of players of double the quality.[/quote]

What about wages my post covers it tony has stated the club is not living beyond its mean so what''s the issue there isn''t one.Also the young striker saints have signed that Zambian we offered him a contract but they offered one with more money says it all.

Now onto "team spirit" as apparently a club that has individual talent doesn''t have it what about.

Madrid

Milan

Inter

Chelscum

Manure

Man city

Psg

bayern Munich

If anything having high ego players would produce more team spirit as they would not want to lose as it would damage their ego?

[quote user="snakepit ric"][quote user="Wiz"]It could have been us imo, but we I believe only wanted ''Tony'' to invest and not own.[/quote] And thank god it was not. I would then have to stop having a season ticket , and protest and be a armchair fan like you !![/quote]

94 posts and been here 2 years ric, and you think you know me, sorry, but you couldn''t be more wrong about me if you tried.

In response to the original question, don''t they have one of the richest owners on the game. A lot more than Abramovich and Chelsea, that''s for sure.

Is that true Wiz? That view is at odds with public statements made.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Thats why I said ''I believe'' Nutty.......its just my opinion.

[quote user="Mike"][Now onto "team spirit" as apparently a club that has individual talent doesn''t have it what about. Madrid Milan Inter Chelscum Manure Man city Psg bayern Munich If anything having high ego players would produce more team spirit as they would not want to lose as it would damage their ego?[/quote]

Sorry Mike but what helps those clubs have "team spirit" is the fact that they''re competing with other clubs of similar ambition. You aren''t on that list and nowhere near it. You''re just ickle ol'' qpr. As your presence on this board proves. You''re competing with us, the promoted teams and clubs like Villa who used to be competing with the likes of Everton. We had plenty of fans like you on here last season ''til they left with their tales between their legs. In fact I remember one qprer telling me your current side was better than the team that so nearly won the league in the 70s. Now back then, just for a season, you were competing with the elite. Just as we were in the early 90s.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Thats why I said ''I believe'' Nutty.......its just my opinion.

[/quote]

I know Wiz. But by definition your opinion must also be that we are being "led up the garden path" by Bowkett and The Smith''s. Heaven knows I''m miserable now.....

So a clus team spirit depends on how big they are and who they compete with? Lol come on all these team spirit arguments are absolute rubbish seriously every player wants to wins games and progress so to say we dot have team spirit because we have bought players is ridiculous.

What makes your team spirit different to ours ? Does buying championship players mean they have more spirit ? Than buying players who have won titles champions leagues ect.