Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

BIG shout out to Jake Humphrey

I have heard a rumour that he dabbles into the Pink Un website. Just watching him host the mid afternoon BBC Olympic chair. He''s a natural.

Come on BBC, surely a realistic proposition to replace those dinasours on MOTD.

Good work Jake, keep up the good work & OTBC.

Jake Humphrey strikes me as being a really nice bloke, and an excellent and natural broadcaster. I''d love to see him replace the terrible Gary Linekar and his smug cronies! Although I''d also love to see Colin Murray do the same.

So who''s best? Humphrey or Murray? There''s only one way to decide.........FIGHT!!!!!!

good presenter, especially when doing the F1.

If he, you, do dabble in here, please, itch your right ear and then your nose next time your live on bbc 1

He was at Adam Drury''s testimonial. I got to have a good gawk at him as he went into the non-peasants entrance. He kicked off "On the ball city" as well which was sweet.

As for him coming on the Pinkun though... I simply couldn''t imagine him taking the time out from tweeting with all the cool people. Let alone the fact he''d be way ahead of the news curve!

He''s an exceptional broadcaster but don''t see him displacing Lineker anytime soon, and there''s no real reason too. Lineker does the job he''s supposed to do very well.

But the sooner BBC do a Football Weekly Extra show similar to the Guardian''s podcast, offering more than just goals, on beeb 3 maybe, the better.

They''ve also made the ridiculous decision to let Lee Dixion go.

I always thought he was pretty wooden to be honest. It seems these days the most important thing to the BBC is to get a tall broadcaster. Compared to someone like Manish Bhasin on the football league show, I still struggle to see how he got the job.

If he does read these boards, is there some bet that when the F1 is on TV,  one of them has to wear a pink shirt?

Jake is One of my best mates from School. Went to Hewett with him and he is a big Norwich supporter. Seeing him next week at the Olympics. He has got the best job ever though. Lucky bugger. Will see if he posts on here. 😉

Gary lineker is a likeable and professional presenter.

It''s Shearer, Hansen and Lawrenson who are stuck in the 70''s and 80''s and churn out the same biased and predictable comments every week and should be replaced.

[quote user="Colourful Canary"]

Gary lineker is a likeable and professional presenter.

It''s Shearer, Hansen and Lawrenson who are stuck in the 70''s and 80''s and churn out the same biased and predictable comments every week and should be replaced.

[/quote]

I agree, would love to see Lineker, Dixon and Dublin doing MOTD.

Just rolling it out there... I think Clare Balding should host MOTD, or be a pundit - she''d be better than Hansen and Lawro