Sign in to follow this  
jamie 10

People's opinion on

What''s peoples opinion on Bellamy? Has had a brilliant Olympics and is a class player, I know he''s a bit old but I''ve heard Cardiff are after him and I think he could be they type of prolific striker that would come in handy, he runs the channels and has a decent cross on him and still has pace, good prem experiance as well, would love to see him back in a green and yellow shirt! Thoughts?

No, I don''t see him making another transfer in his career. If he did im pretty sure it would be Cardiff any day of the week, he has sentimental value there.

Yes he is having a good Olympics, but first of all people forget that tournaments are a bad foundation on getting a player because it''s only 3-6 games isn''t it?

He''s too old as well. It would be pretty pointless, he wouldn''t last for long.

Oh, and he''s a controversial guy isn''t he. Do we want to risk it?

And let''s not talk the bloody wages and transfer fee...

He had a good season with Liverpool last season and I think he still has a good few years left. I wouldn''t complain seeing him in a NCFC shirt again, but like people have said, his wages and transfer would be too much.

I''d love him here to help us for a year in the premiership. He''s just the sort of dynamic player who could make a difference for us.

On a reasonable wage and assuming he could stay fit he''d be an excellent signing.Still offers a lot of pace and good finishing, and is very experienced in the top flight.Problem is that if he leaves Liverpool I can only see him going to Cardiff regardless of our place in the prem...

I wouldn''t take him personally because a) he''d be a pain in the dressing room, and b) his biggest asset is his pace which will start to deteriorate soon at his age.

Don''t get me wrong, I have a lot of time for him and his affection for the club, and if we were to bring him back I''d cheer as loud as anyone for him, but given the option, I''d say no.

I love Bellers, both when he was with us those years ago, and when following his career since then. But, they say don''t go back, and for all the reasons already mentioned I think that is right in this case.

But hey! what a great thought!http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-5.gif

There has been a few threads in the past about Bellamy and whether he could do a job for us. My answer is always along the lines of:

No, he''s a horrible little $?!t.

Then there are his wages, and the fee which are at least two levels above what we currently pay. And we have a transfer policy to sign players of a certain age range, Bellamy is at least eight years higher than the average. Did I mention he''s a little $?!t? In fact I''d rather we signed Barton before Bellamy.

I''d have him here, love the way he cuts into the box from out wide, will still cause defence''s problems in this league.

[quote user="scrappy33"]I''d have him here, love the way he cuts into the box from out wide, will still cause defence''s problems in this league.[/quote]

I''d have Messi here. But that''s not realistic either.

Putting wages and his desire (or lack of it) to play for us again aside, I still wouldn''t want him here.

There''s no doubt he still has talent and could do a job, but what is great about our squad is the cohesion and team spirit. Bellamy would be like throwing a grenade amongst what we have here. I know players that have played with him and I''ve seen what he was like when I was working at West Ham''s training ground. He is very unpopular.

In fact, even as a 17yr old at Norwich the players locked him in the bus toilet for a whole journey to try and curb his ego.

Not for me thanks.

I''d have him back. An exciting player, his work-rate is excellent, players have to foul him to stop him and he''s been putting in some lovely crosses for GB and Holt or Morrison would bury them. We''d definitely stay up with him in the squad IMO.

[quote user="Victor Segura and the Yellow Cards"][quote user="Jonzey"]

In fact I''d rather we signed Barton before Bellamy.

[/quote]

Wow. Just wow.

[/quote]

Triple wow!

Can you imagine a side containing those two? They''d make great room (or should that be cell) mates...

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"][quote user="Victor Segura and the Yellow Cards"][quote user="Jonzey"]

In fact I''d rather we signed Barton before Bellamy.

[/quote]

Wow. Just wow.

[/quote]

Triple wow!

Can you imagine a side containing those two? They''d make great room (or should that be cell) mates...

[/quote]They''re both hideous individuals. I think it''s probably wise to point out team building is more than 1 + 1 = 2. Just because he has talent doesn''t mean he would fit in and do well. I think there''s a reason he has had more clubs than I''ve had hot dinners. Mainly he is a mercenary and un-loyal, but as mentioned above also an abhorrent little a*sehole who has to move on before he''s chased out by the other players! I literally can''t understand why anybody would think he would be a theoretical good signing.