Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

Nottingham Forest 3 Vile 1

Stop moaning it made me smile.

And If it had been posted on the other football section i wouldn''t have seen it. As with most readers.

We just drew 0-0 with Mk Dons. So we didn''t exactly pull up any trees in our last friendly either. Pre season friendlies are merely an extension of training. So I dont understand why people jump all over unusual results. Chris Hughton took a strong Newcastle team to Leyton Orient in 2009 and they got absolutely battered. They then strolled to the Championship title.

Managers will push players very hard on the Thursday and Friday before a friendly to keep building fitness. In a competitive situation you would ease off and rest before the game. Hence the reason you see some very weird results at this time of the year while managers also tinker with formations and give fringe players opportunities.

It''s not about jumping all over unusual results, as the OP said it''s just nice see them loosing.

Bitter? Rejoicing? You must be reading another thread mate.

And is Lambert ''Other Football'' yet? I''m not so sure. I mean we still occasionally get reports on what Nigel Worthington is up to and that''s after how long?

Anybody would think he''s posting about Bristol Rovers...

In a pre season friendly. We''re sounding more and more like Colchester mk II by the day. I honestly don''t mind people discussing Lambert because I accept he likely to come back for players and our paths will cross a lot this season. But celebrating every defeat is a bit sad in my opinion.

I found it interesting as I had missed that one.

Relevance to NCFC? Their current manager was poached from us in dubious circumstances.

I wish them failure and it will be the first result that I look for this coming season, after ours but before ITFC, until the resentment wears off.

Sad? No, it''s called following football and one side in particular.

[quote user="Mark Fotheringham City Legend"]Can you please tell me what this has to do with NCFC?

Other football section please.[/quote]Take a look at the front page of the Main Discussion, half of it has nothing to do with NCFC. I don''t see every time there''s a Villa thread people get upset about it.I must admit myself I am a little interested in how our ex manager is doing.

Crikey people seem a bit tetchy today! It is of course nowt to do with us but is still vaguely interesting to see how other PL (and PL''s) sides are faring.

If we''re to really limit this to just NCFC stuff there isnt a lot to go on at the mo, and half the other threads should be binned too.

[quote user="Mark Fotheringham City Legend"]Can you please tell me what this has to do with NCFC? [/quote]

If  Pete stuck to that rule he would have a full time job moving threads and thats is addition to trying to sort out the users who have multiple identities and the banned people who re-reg under new names [:)]

Celebrating?

I honestly don''t understand all this BS, we have every right to feel anger towards Villa and Lambert. Yes thats football, but I''m not going to pretend I don''t care. I will always thank him for what he done in his time at NCFC, but he''s gone now and hopefully we have another amazing season, if it goes miserably wrong for Lambert it would put the icing on the cake. That''s not being bitter, that''s what comes with quitting a football club. Do you think Lambert will care if we get relegated next May?

Ok were going over old ground now but don''t get me wrong I am annoyed. He is the best Norwich manager I have seen in my lifetime (I was too young for Walker pt 1 and Stringer etc). So it is bitterly disappointing to lose him. But Villa came in and he exercised a contractual right to join them. We replaced him with a very strong and competent manager and we move on.

Of course I want to see Villa struggle and do badly. But that is purely because if it happens it enhances our chances of steering clear of the bottom 3. Rather than hatred of the manager. So on that basis I want every team (Norwich apart obviously) to do badly not just Villa.

For what its worth he still is a Norwich City hero in my eyes. We would probably be in administration and in League 1 minus Holt and Wesley wondering what the hell happened without him. That is a fact.

I wonder what people who saw the thread title thought it was about?  Did they get a surprise when clicking on it and think "oh, hang on, this is about Aston Villa losing a friendly match, I thought it was going to be Norwich City related"?There''s enough space on this message board for people who want to discuss Aston Villa, given Lambert''s unceremonious exit, and people who don''t want to discuss Aston Villa. 

Come on guys, we all know we''re going to enjoy it every time we see Villa lose this season - not only the PL factor but in the premiership league stakes as well.   We will more than likely be vying with them, so we should enjoy seeing them lose - pre-season or not.  

I absolutely HATE Vile and Lambert to an extent for the way they conducted things.I''ve come to expect it from Lambert but I thought Vile were a decent club who knows that its decent to pay proper compensation- much like we did with Birmingham for Hughton.I think I hate Vile more than the real scum. Kudos to them for that least. Going to Vile Park and watching us crush them will be a joy [:)]I want what is best for NCFC and  if that means being bitter towards a club and manager who disrupted the best time I''ve seen in my Norwich supporting days then so be it.

I wonder if Colchester fans posted a topic on their forum every time Norwich lost under Lambert?Ill admit I will have a small eye on how Lambert gets on with Villa, but certainly wont be mocking every defeat and reffering to them as ''vile''

I''m looking forward to seeing how Lambert will react to questioning from the media and from notoriously fickle Villa fans next season when he has a string of bad results. He had it pretty much plain sailing here for 3 seasons (the first 2 of which are irrelevent to what he may or may not do at Villa) but on the very odd occasion after a bad result or his team selection was questioned ,we saw even at Norwich how prickly he could get. Lets hope he buckles under a more intense and unforgiving scrutiny.

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]I absolutely HATE Vile and Lambert to an extent for the way they conducted things.

I''ve come to expect it from Lambert but I thought Vile were a decent club who knows that its decent to pay proper compensation- much like we did with Birmingham for Hughton.

I think I hate Vile more than the real scum. Kudos to them for that least.

Going to Vile Park and watching us crush them will be a joy [:)]

I want what is best for NCFC and  if that means being bitter towards a club and manager who disrupted the best time I''ve seen in my Norwich supporting days then so be it.

[/quote]

You need to lighten up mate.All that hate will give you stomach ulcers.Or worse.

[quote user="cityangel"]

If  Pete stuck to that rule he would have a full time job moving threads and thats is addition to trying to sort out the users who have multiple identities and the banned people who re-reg under new names [:)]

[/quote]

Indeed Angel and we all know who you are talking about here i am sure.He is currently using his third identity of the week.

Oo ar!

You can''t beat this forum to liven up an afternoon

I can''t believe some folks are STILL bitter. I know plenty of blues fans and they don''t act like this about losing their manager to your lot!. And they''ve got to factor in their manager to a smaller club too

Priceless.

Roll on kick off

[quote user="AJ"]Oo ar!

You can''t beat this forum to liven up an afternoon

I can''t believe some folks are STILL bitter. I know plenty of blues fans and they don''t act like this about losing their manager to your lot!. And they''ve got to factor in their manager to a smaller club too

Priceless.

Roll on kick off[/quote]Unfortunately you''re spot on.But, thankfully, the majority of fans aren''t as bitter as a silly people who keep posting these threads.You''ve got a great manager, best of luck for the season - I hope we do better though!

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Indeed Angel and we all know who you are talking about here i am sure.He is currently using his third identity of the week.

[/quote]

They seek him here

They seek him there

Those Pinkies seek him everywhere

From denying bans he just won''t budge

That damned elusive, cunning Smudge.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

They seek him here

They seek him there

Those Pinkies seek him everywhere

From denying bans he just won''t budge

That damned elusive, cunning Smudge.

[/quote]

Would it be possible to have an Olympic-style table of multiple identities so those of us with only one know how many we have to create to get into a medal position?[:D]