Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

"Worthy - I'm open to offers" - EDP

i heard Reading like to buy a lot of defenders so maybe they''ve contacted worthy

seriously mulyrne to go and crow to stay out until the end of the season.

Worthy''s words translate as:

"I''ve got loads of dead wood that I''d love a Championship team to take off my hands for next to nothing. That way, when we play Championship football next season, most teams will be equipped with an ex-city player who can promptly score against us, despite only scoring a maximum of 3 times in 5 years as a city player".

:

Pack off Hendo to another club either on loan or permanently to give him some games.

Let Crow either stay with Northampton until May, or loan him out to a League 1 side.

Worthy needs to sit down with McVeigh and Mullers and discuss their futures. Both are certainly good for the Championship, but do we need to be paying both of them when they hardly get on the field? I say either loan out for some match practice or get rid of one of them now.
[McV = 3 apps (14 sub) + 1 goal]
[Mul = 8 apps (2 sub)]

A grand for the Range Rover when you''re sacked in December?

Sorry, only joking....... all sounds a bit desperate doesn''t it? Sort of "I''ve got all this flotsam and getsum to get rid of, anyone interested?"

I''d interpret it to say that he''s pretty damn certain we''re already relegated - whatever he might say to the contrary. ie. if he thought we had a rat in hell''s chance he''d want as much backup as possible in our his already thin on the ground squad.Or... Perhaps he said it in hope that the "I''m open to offers" bit would be quoted out of context in papers and another club might come and offer him a job before he gets City''s relegation stamped on his CV.

Mullers I''d get rid of now, possibly for next to nothing. McVeigh I''d hold on to as a useful squad player, and also we''re not sure if Jonson will want to leave to keep his international options open, so he might have a regular place in the right of midfield next season (unless attempts to sign Partridge are true and not a load of rubbish as most Sun stories are)

Why doesn''t he just put Mullers and McVeigh up for auction on eBay?

Mullers could have a ''buy it now'' price of £2.99

[quote]Worthy''s words translate as: "I''ve got loads of dead wood that I''d love a Championship team to take off my hands for next to nothing. That way, when we play Championship football next season, most te...[/quote]

Does ''dead wood'' include Worthy himself Tufnell!.

Ummmm maybe Worthy is hoping someone will come in for him to save him the embarrasment of getting sacked or doing a Keegan.Iv''e heard Hingham Reserves are looking for a manager

The dead wood I mentioned does not include Worthy. Yes, he has made mistakes this season; soem of his selections have been mystifying, but he still has my respect for dragging Norwich out of the championship / nationwide. When he joined, Norwich never looked like getting into the playoffs, let alone finishing as champions.

He has bought poorly this season (exception of Ashton), but has had no money to spend. I feel a bit sorry for him and a bit sorry for the club and the fabs as we prop up the league.

On the other hand, we have enough wood at Norwich in terms of the playing staff to build a galleon.

[quote]Why doesn''t he just put Mullers and McVeigh up for auction on eBay? Mullers could have a ''buy it now'' price of £2.99[/quote]

Well that would easily exceed the reserve price, which would be.... err.... £0

Seriously though i think Mullers should go but i think McVeigh can still do a job for us if given the chance.

Tufnell Park, I take it you are referring to Spanish galleons, not the vessels mnaged by our local boy, Horatio. If we had someone like the Admiral in our backfield we''d be the ones firing cannons at anyone who cared to trespass.

Worthy, are you listening? Take a look at our defensive personnel and then take a look at counterparts around the division. Then when you are about to recruit ( or renew contracts of&nbsp defenders of the faith, ask yourself two questions before handing the pen over:

1. Does this individual possess the requisite skills required to prevent soft goals in the Premiership?

2. Will this defender cause opposing forwards to feel a large element of intimidation when they come within twenty five yards of our goal?

P.S:

Worthy, just in case the light bulb did not come on, if you answer either of those two questions with a "No" then put the cap back on the pen. 

Yankee,

Local boy Nelson ended up pickled in whiskey shortly after he was killed in action at the Battle of Trafalgar. A couple of unfortunate sailors drank from this barrel on the way back to Britain. 

This reminds me somewhat of the current back four as they take swig after swig from the team that transports Fleming''s once proud corpse.

Fleming still has two arms though, and as far as I knoe doesn''t wear big hats.

Come to think of it, with those piercing eyes that Flem is projecting forth at the moment, he would look really intimidating in a big hat. However, he would still fall short on the required skills. Well, if he still has arms that work perhaps he can take up a career in wrestling. Is Mick McManus still around? I can see it now; two old codgers walking around the ring with flailing arms and non-contact. Nah! I think even at his age now Mick would still take Flem.