Sign in to follow this  
Croftsy

Crofts back to Brighton?

I was lucky enough to see his goal at Barnsley.  I can still remember the goalkeeper''s look of disbelief afterwards.  Sort of "how can you expect me to do anything about that !"

All the best to a player who always gave 100%. 

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Cheers Crofty

Right, Lappin next.

Onwards and upwards!

[/quote]

I know Lappin seems to be favourite for next one out. Personally I don''t see it. Rarely called on last season but when he was he did a decent job - eg at Arsenal. Dependable, inexpensive cover.

As things stand he is our only legitimate left back cover. So unless something changes in that regard it would be bonkers to let him go.

[quote user="Binky"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Cheers Crofty

Right, Lappin next.

Onwards and upwards!

[/quote] I know Lappin seems to be favourite for next one out. Personally I don''t see it. Rarely called on last season but when he was he did a decent job - eg at Arsenal. Dependable, inexpensive cover.[/quote]

Apart from when he left his man (Barton) completely unmarked to score an easy goal in the game at QPR - Lappin was hauled off at half-time in that game.

Crofts was great in the Championship, didn''t quite make the step up, but glad he was a Norwich player.

I''m sure he''ll do great back at Brighton.

And BYAG, you have to give Lappin a bit of slack for that, was his first premiership game. De Laet and Barnett had to make 2/3/4 goal concdeding mistakes before being dropped...

Can only agree with many of the previous comments and add my best wishes to Crofts. Pity some posters couldn''t miss the chance at having a dig at other players while doing so.

It shows how far the club has come where a player of Crofts undoubted ability is surplus to requirements. He has been fantastic for Norwich, a player who always seems to give it everything and who scored one of the best goals I''ve ever seen away at Barnsely. Good luck back at Brighton Andrew, they are a good club with fantastic fans who I think will do well this season.

Best of luck to Croftsy back at Brighton and thank you for all that you done for NCFC in your two years with us. You were absolutely fantastic for us in our Promotion season!NB -  Lose the hair again.

Was fantastic in the promotion season scoring 8 goals - a great return for someone who played at the base of the diamond for much of the early part of the season.

Personally, I thought he did OK last year but didn''t really feature after a very poor performance against Spurs around Christmas. I seem to remember he set up at least 3 of the goals in the win over Newcastle.

Good luck for the future - a player guaranteed a great reception when he returns to Carrow Road.

As others have said, maybe this is to free up a space in the squad for an out and out defensive midfielder.

Crofts scored the 3rd in a 3-1 win for Brighton today, against a little team from south west London, called Chelsea...

Not a bad way to return.

[quote user="jed exodous"]

Crofts scored the 3rd in a 3-1 win for Brighton today, against a little team from south west London, called Chelsea...

Not a bad way to return.

[/quote]

Good start for him, will be keeping an eye of his progress.

[quote user="jed exodous"]

Not a bad way to return.

[/quote]

[Y]